accucore12
Master Member
- Joined
- Nov 9, 2010
- Messages
- 3,450
- Reaction score
- 1,213
Problem SOLVED.
Last edited:

Self assembled. I test it out of casing,just put on top of the motherboard box to test.
Even without hooking up to display, I thought the CPU fan should be running with just PSU+mb+cpu. But in my case when I turn on the power button, the CPU fan and PSU fan just spin a few seconds then auto off le.
When I press the power button again , the same thing happen
Once power on with just mb, cpu, psu, your fans should continue spinning at least. If cannot get past that stage, no need look further.
Sent from Space using GAGT
may be the PSU got issue, try to plug any case fan to the PSU to see if the fan is spinning, can use a paperclip to test the PSU
With ram also the same.
I read online just PSU+mb+CPU+heatsinkfan, when power on , the CPU fan should be able to spin continuously.
In my case it just spin a few second then auto off liao.
as other members have mentioned, i have also experienced some problems recently building my rig. Some of the things i can remember as follows:
1. put thermal paste, very impt
2. ensure cpu fan is inserted into mobo CPUFAN1 CPUFAN2 slots (SYSFAN slots are different)
3. ensure mobo 24pin power is inserted
4. ensure cpu 6pin/8pin is inserted
5. ensure PSU is powered on
6. ensure that RAMs are inserted