new rig

h0td0gfr0g

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I just bought my rig recently. Build are below:

Msi b85m g43 + i5-4590
gskill ripjawsx 1600mhz cl9 2x4gb
WD blue 1tb
crucial mx100 256gb
powercolor r9 270 turboduo
seasonic X series 650w (Overkill but TP doesn't have stocks for 550w, so they gave me this topping up an extra $10)
sharkoon t28
Asus USB-N14

bought everything from TP at $1.2k flat. Is this build okay and worth the price?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Then I will not go back there again, easy. I still have a few upcoming rigs to build.

Well, its nt abt pricing, its abt the components u chose.

Drop the psu to g550 or 650w, get bd28 instead of t28, and if can, up gpu to 280x.
 

h0td0gfr0g

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Well, its nt abt pricing, its abt the components u chose.

Drop the psu to g550 or 650w, get bd28 instead of t28, and if can, up gpu to 280x.

Why bd28 over t28? I see the pricing is about the same. there's a budget I can't exceed at 1.2k, hence did not select the 280x.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Judging from all the price list you did not bargain from them. The total is $1.2k exact. There is room for bargaining.

Anyway enjoy your rig.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top