Nikon D5300 pricing and questions

Xanthyon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
15,493
Reaction score
44
Hi folks, I need all the photography laojiaos help me answer 2 short questions!

I'm going to pick up photography as a new (albeit expensive) hobby for 2014, and am planning to buy a Nikon D5300 kit as a start. My budget is around S$1200, with a max of adding at most 10% to top up.

I've read up the FAQs, esp regarding warranty and stuff, and I have a few questions.


  1. This FAQ says that I shouldn't wait for IT shows to buy camera since it'll be sold at RRP with additional freebies that won't be worth much. However, this FAQ is quite dated and based on last Nov 2013 SITEX Nikon brochure, they do give out useful stuff like dry cab, tripods and memory cards, which I personally think will be useful.

    Q: Should I wait for March IT show for all these 'useful' freebies or should I go to local shops like T K Foto (at Funan)? How much is a D5300 kit selling for at local shops like T K Foto and do they bundle freebies as well? If yes, what are they? I've tried calling T K Foto 4 times today and no one picked up the call. FB message also no reply.

  2. This site (Camera Paradise) is based in Hong Kong but their pricing is quite cheap. Even if I choose the bundle that gets me the memory card, extra battery and additional 55-200mm lens, it is still lower price than last SITEX bundle even after including shipping charge.

    Q: I probably guess that the warranty is tied to them in Hong Kong, but can someone confirm this? I've seen people from Australia etc buying from this website, but would you recommend me buying through this website, considering the potential warranty issue?

Thanks for answering my questions! :)
 

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,394
Reaction score
1,168
IF ..... You are really serious to take up this expensive hobby..... don't limit yourself to a certain brand.

Look for a good photography community to join
For example, here .... Pentax/Ricoh CNY Gathering - Chinatown on 25 Jan 2014

I believe there are some of the same members here in HWZ as well.


P.S - I don't own a Pentax cam or affiliated to this community, just sharing what I have come across only.
 

SkimMilk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,594
Reaction score
2
List down your items, get quotes from a few places for the things that you want. Then decide whether to buy.

Some places to get quotes:
T K Foto
Cathay Photo (note: email quotes are excluding GST)
Parisilk
SLR Revolution
MS Photo

Go to Clubsnap to find their details.
 

zenteock

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Dear all, i am selling mine DAY OLD Nikon 5300 18-140mm which i bought today 10/03/2014. Simply because my girlfriend BOUGHT THE SAME SET. I have went to Peninsular and funan today and check all the prices before i buy and there isn't much stock for left for start up kit with 18-140 VR lens in the market . I was lucky to get the last set and at a very reasonable price of $1128 at TK FOTO with original invoice. They are the cheapest i can find. And now i am offering $1100 net with a DAISEE UV haze Pro cost $33 also reflected in the invoice. So in total you will save about $60. Which this set is already the cheapest. Catha qoute $1250, SANG BRO qoute $1190. So now you get the LOWEST PRICE in the market of $1128 plus another $60 DISCOUNT with a free UV HAZE LENS PROTECTOR COST $33. (which you definitely need to buy anyway).
PLEASE PM ME SO THAT I CAN SEND YOU A PICTURE OF THE INVOICE STATING THE DATE AND ALSO THE MINT CONDITION OF THE CAMERA.(ITS UNTOUCH). THANK YOU
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top