No PMs before 10 posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeiJeiJei

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi! Anything to help with topic in title? I wanted to sell something on the forums here but that is very difficult without the ability to answer PMs. Is there a "throwaway" board or something where one could reach the post limit or what is the suggested method here?
 

EdenHazard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
46,902
Reaction score
13,110
The purpose of minimum posts is to avoid abuse by users like yourself
 

JeiJeiJei

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I don´t understand :( All I am trying to do is sell a GPU and some other components, how is that abuse? The only reason I asked this was to comply with rules 100% and not to abuse the system in any way.

Edit: What I mean is that, I would like to PM somebody to agree on sales and not post anything extra to any forums just to avoid useless clutter and abuse.
 
Last edited:

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,478
Reaction score
5,284
I don´t understand :( All I am trying to do is sell a GPU and some other components, how is that abuse? The only reason I asked this was to comply with rules 100% and not to abuse the system in any way.

Edit: What I mean is that, I would like to PM somebody to agree on sales and not post anything extra to any forums just to avoid useless clutter and abuse.

10 post counts is needed to activate the PM function.

The purpose is to prevent new accounts from spamming existing members' PM inbox with adverts and vulgar stuffs. It has happened many times in the past, so the admin has implemented this setting.

Do note that if you are mindlessly spamming the forum just to get 10 post counts, your account's access to the forum will be restricted for spamming. :)

O
 

JeiJeiJei

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Yes, I understand this and like said want to respect the rules of this forum as much as possible. The reason why I asked was just to confirm if there was some middleground between supporting new users and avoiding spammers to avoid bots etc.

Thank you for your feedback and I will take note.
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Yes, I understand this and like said want to respect the rules of this forum as much as possible. The reason why I asked was just to confirm if there was some middleground between supporting new users and avoiding spammers to avoid bots etc.

Thank you for your feedback and I will take note.

Go ahead to post a few replies in the threads you created till you hit 10 post count. Bumping your own threads will not be consider as spamming as long as you stick to the 1 thread policy stated in the sticky of the respective garage forum.

Have a nice day.
 

Scandium2!

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi! Anything to help with topic in title? I wanted to sell something on the forums here but that is very difficult without the ability to answer PMs. Is there a "throwaway" board or something where one could reach the post limit or what is the suggested method here?

I’m facing a same issue here, tried to PM OCBC but can’t due to low posts
 

Scandium2!

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Go ahead to post a few replies in the threads you created till you hit 10 post count. Bumping your own threads will not be consider as spamming as long as you stick to the 1 thread policy stated in the sticky of the respective garage forum.

Have a nice day.
Does this count as bumping it up?
 

Scandium2!

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Yes, I understand this and like said want to respect the rules of this forum as much as possible. The reason why I asked was just to confirm if there was some middleground between supporting new users and avoiding spammers to avoid bots etc.

Thank you for your feedback and I will take note.
I have the same sentiments too.
 

Sugarcoated

Junior Member
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Go ahead to post a few replies in the threads you created till you hit 10 post count. Bumping your own threads will not be consider as spamming as long as you stick to the 1 thread policy stated in the sticky of the respective garage forum.

Have a nice day.

Thanks! Would want to help others who PM me but have not yet reach the 10 posts.
 

Lunar!

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
10 post counts is needed to activate the PM function.

The purpose is to prevent new accounts from spamming existing members' PM inbox with adverts and vulgar stuffs. It has happened many times in the past, so the admin has implemented this setting.

Do note that if you are mindlessly spamming the forum just to get 10 post counts, your account's access to the forum will be restricted for spamming. :)

O

Then how to obtain the 10 posts ah? Can advise?
 

hitach

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Go ahead to post a few replies in the threads you created till you hit 10 post count. Bumping your own threads will not be consider as spamming as long as you stick to the 1 thread policy stated in the sticky of the respective garage forum.

Have a nice day.

So we can do this here? I need to help some people by PM-ing them but I can't due to low post counts
 

Dragon

*
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
37,619
Reaction score
1,550
So we can do this here? I need to help some people by PM-ing them but I can't due to low post counts

No this Support/Feedback forum is not for spam.

As others above have mentioned, you only need 10 posts to use the PM function. From your post count you are only 2 more posts away. I'm sure you can find something appropriate to post about in our many interesting forums. :)

Closing thread as the answer to the topic was already posted above almost 3 years ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top