Note 2 on endless reboot loop

liquidy

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
0
hello, my note 2 just decided to go on an endless reboot loop on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT -N7105" screen. It will just go on a continuous loop on that screen. Anyone encountered this and is able to advise?
 

Ferderico

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2000
Messages
5,779
Reaction score
13
Happened to my s3 lte. Try removing the Sim card and memory card.

I didn't resolve the problem. But it allowed me to do a factory reset.
 

xKazeolus

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
3,560
Reaction score
23
Can.. But I don't want to reformat at all cus a lot of stuffs inside. Last back up was like months ago.



Yea I didn't want to wipe the data. That's the last resort.

if it's photos musics whatsapp etc. , you can try booting into recovery and then try see if the computer detects your phone and do a backup. i know custom recovery is do-able, not sure about the default recovery :)
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Happened to me before. The solution for mine is kinda sound dumb but it did solved my problem.

Mine kept rebooting due to the power button turned faulty or sensitive. So it kept rebooting as the power button was indicating the phone to restart.

What you have to do is very simple. Just have to tap the phone power button a few times. It should be able to work as usual after tapping it a few times.

Hope it helps
 

liquidy

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
0
Flashed new firmware, problem still there. So it's not FW issue.
Highly likely is HW fault.
Tried the tapping of power button method, tapped until finger cramp also no use. Lol. Thinking of bringing down to service centre to see how much is the repair for that darn power button.
 

singawon

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I believe is a faulty power switch. Happened to my s3 before..do some googling,diy remove the power switch and it work like normal but you have to learn how to power it on using ext battery pack via the usb port.
 

Groobies77

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Boot into recovery.
Off the phone, Press and hold Vol Up+Home+Power Button.
Choose wipe cache partition.

This step will wipe your app data but not data on your sdcard and extSDcard.
 

liquidy

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
0
I believe is a faulty power switch. Happened to my s3 before..do some googling,diy remove the power switch and it work like normal but you have to learn how to power it on using ext battery pack via the usb port.

I believe so too based on what I googled.. But when I brought down to Samsung Service Centre at PS and they told me its faulty motherboard. If I want to repair, it will cost me 350+ SGD. !@#$%

Boot into recovery.
Off the phone, Press and hold Vol Up+Home+Power Button.
Choose wipe cache partition.

This step will wipe your app data but not data on your sdcard and extSDcard.

Unfortunately I tried this many times, it cant reach this menu. Only able to boot into the page with that green Android.


Anyway just an update for all, I have wiped the entire OS and clean installed the latest OS from samobile, didn't solve the issue. Brought it down to Samsung Service Centre and they said that they will do their "own version" of clean install that is "different" from what can be found from the internet, thereby charging me SGD 33, didn't solve the issue either.

Based on their diagnostics, they said that it is due to faulty motherboard. I beg to differ, cus i was under the impression that they point every fault to motherboard.
 
Last edited:

tyongchi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
12
Try sending to atomware at Sim Lim level 5. See whether they can resolve your issue. I believe it will be cheaper even if u have to replace the MB.
 

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
18,450
Reaction score
3,472
That's why I'm never buying a Samsung again - my s3, my friend's s3, my other friend's ace and another one's s4 all got power button spoil issue. I'm pretty lucky that I got mine fixed for sgd$3 while I was in shanghai. Your best bet is to walk around and ask for a price quote at sls. Good luck and all the best.
 

singawon

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I believe so too based on what I googled.. But when I brought down to Samsung Service Centre at PS and they told me its faulty motherboard. If I want to repair, it will cost me 350+ SGD. .
the service centre may want a easy way out by changing the whole motherboard.
Beside sls alOng the shop @ Burlington square,there is a mobile shop that sell/repair phone, I tradE in my note2 and bought the s5 dous from them, they quoted me about $50 for replacing the faulty s3 power switch.
 

lee-turbo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
5
root it, see it can help or not, someone root with note3 firmware with added s5 setting in it
 

sgnice

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
hello, my note 2 just decided to go on an endless reboot loop on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT -N7105" screen. It will just go on a continuous loop on that screen. Anyone encountered this and is able to advise?

Hi, please check your PM.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top