Note 2 short battery life span...

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,044
Reaction score
5,005
Is it worthwhile to buy a new battery to test or to adapt battery saving features?
Normal general usage, can last me only about a day only...
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,044
Reaction score
5,005
Is it worthwhile to buy a new battery to test or to adapt battery saving features?
Normal general usage, can last me only about a day only...

Bump for opinion
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
Is it worthwhile to buy a new battery to test or to adapt battery saving features?
Normal general usage, can last me only about a day only...
Take out the battery frm phone and see if bloated. This can b tested by spinning the batt or a flat surface. Ifvit spins, bat is EOL.
 

sG_KYo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
3,340
Reaction score
0
Is it worthwhile to buy a new battery to test or to adapt battery saving features?
Normal general usage, can last me only about a day only...

simple solution ... embrace Sony. :)

or welcome on board to Nokia 1520 ... battery life longer than all the samesung combined!
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,044
Reaction score
5,005
Guess will consider getting a new phone than new batt
 

benjicon

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I had the same problem until yesterday, my battery was getting shorter and shorter life, but I fixed it.

I read that some people were experiencing this when they upgraded to android 4.3, one symptom I was experiencing was the area where the micro SD card was, was getting really really hot. So I did a Hard reset (start in recovery mode, wipe and reset) I rebooted and started fresh and the phone is fine now.

I was getting 3-4 hours of general use, after the reset, this morning, between 8am and 11am, (3 hours) I have only used 16% of my battery.

May be worth a try.
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
Quick question: What is your kernel version?

The latest Android kernels seem to wakelock certain phones, causing Android OS to appear right at the top of battery usage charts. My Note 3 had phenomenal battery life at first, but after updating to the latest firmware, the thing only lasts me for a day now. Funnily, I turned on all the options - location reporting/history, wireless connections for location data, Google Now, etc. Didn't make a difference at all in the battery life. Weird as hell.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top