Note 20 Ultra Heating issues

DuoLeap

Reaction score
I sold my n20u exynos and change to s20 fe, the price is very different $1.8k vs $1.1, but i definitely can tell that s20 fe is much better.

So i dont think it is sensible for u to spend $1.8k for n20u sd

v1hypersg

Reaction score
But the note 20 has a much bigger screen and the stylus are unique features which sets it different from other phones and the camera is also good or better than s20

Amuroraysg

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the local set ROG 3 with 512gb storage and SD865+ costs $1540 at Street shops. Way more worthwhile than the SD N20U. Had both of these phones and the HKG SD N20U had some issues like no VOLTE for some local telco and also the Samsung pay points cannot be redeemed locally. Got the SD N20U 256gb at 1.8xk when it first came out.

The ROG phone funky design might not well received by all... samsung pay not working but GPay works well and the reward is much more worth it.. instant scratch n win cash back.. compare to earn point that forever never enough to redeeem anything from samsung pay... i am on My republic and volte works.. not that i really care anyway.. :s13:

blurfish

Reaction score
Hi all! After not giving a **** after their engineer said no issues and 40deg is normal. I have been living with my n20u for a few months and saw there was a mark on the top.
Decided to go down to the service centre 1 more time last Wednesday... Guess what?

Engineer said the motherboard overheated and changed the MB! But didn't change the panel due to no stock. Now I am heading down to change the panel as the parts have arrived!

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all! After not giving a **** after their engineer said no issues and 40deg is normal. I have been living with my n20u for a few months and saw there was a mark on the top.
Decided to go down to the service centre 1 more time last Wednesday... Guess what?

Engineer said the motherboard overheated and changed the MB! But didn't change the panel due to no stock. Now I am heading down to change the panel as the parts have arrived!
You basically have a new phone? Change battery before... then change motherboard... then change OLED panel which will also trigger a battery change... like that do a one-to-one exchange save everyone a lot of work eh? This means you've been to the Samsung service centre 4 times? And which means you have to re-setup your phone 4 times? Samsung not very logical... do update us about the heating issue...

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
I think no point keep changing.the overheating and battery drain issues are caused by the Exynos 990, which is a lemon product by design. The problems will keep on persisting as long as the processor remains the same.

Best to sell the phone and upgrade to S21 series or change brand.

blurfish

Reaction score
You basically have a new phone? Change battery before... then change motherboard... then change OLED panel which will also trigger a battery change... like that do a one-to-one exchange save everyone a lot of work eh? This means you've been to the Samsung service centre 4 times? And which means you have to re-setup your phone 4 times? Samsung not very logical... do update us about the heating issue...
Yes in a way the phone's major parts have been changed.. 1 x MB, 1 x Panel and 2 x battery. 4 times in total to the service centre. 16 trips back and forth sending in and collecting it back.. setup 4 times.

However the heat issue is non existant already.. Slight heat when I use and when I game its not even hot, just warm. FML seriously to get a lemon phone..

Customer service called me to get feedback yesterday and I gave him a piece of my mind.
He mentioned will be escalating and blah blah blah. Let's see what's next..

blurfish

Reaction score
I think no point keep changing.the overheating and battery drain issues are caused by the Exynos 990, which is a lemon product by design. The problems will keep on persisting as long as the processor remains the same.

Best to sell the phone and upgrade to S21 series or change brand.
I totally get what you mean but I have been a note 8 user all the way till note 10 plus till note 20. Not easy to make a drastic change when you are used to a certain UI and functions.. MB has been changed and I don't have the heat issue already. But what shocks me is that the engineer's level of troubleshooting and monitoring is atrocious.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I totally get what you mean but I have been a note 8 user all the way till note 10 plus till note 20. Not easy to make a drastic change when you are used to a certain UI and functions.. MB has been changed and I don't have the heat issue already. But what shocks me is that the engineer's level of troubleshooting and monitoring is atrocious.
Maybe a new guy... not familiar with the system lar... haha... but yeah... 16 trips up and down is quite ridiculous... but glad that you have the phone working as it should now without the heating issues...

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Its their Exynos CPU that cost the problem, I used to be a Samsung note fan until I get both note 9 and 10 having the yellowish screen and heating issue, that the pissed-off problem on Samsung product which they cant fix on their software issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.