Note 3 battery draining issues after firmware update.

Samurai Jack

Junior Member
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
for mi no battery drain issue

i had updated my phone abt 2 week back... yes at first i counter the battery did use very fast... than the next day, i close some running apps than i off the phone, took out batt and on it than the issue is gone... yester i full charge my phone at 11am till now i still got 40%.... yesterday was busy streaming you tube abt the riots the whold day...

Actually phone n ppl are the same also need to rest.... u can't be working 24/7 rite... phone also mah rite.... so wat i always do is i will restart my phone every 2 to 3 days to let the phone refresh....

Funny :s13:

However, the sudden degradation in battery performance is inexplicable. Has to be some new s/w that Samsung pushed out.
 

afgnail

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Sigh I also kenna this battery drain by Android OS just today. Woke up with 20% battery gone and after I unlocked my screen, it stated something was updated but I don't really remember what. I've downloaded gsam battery monitor and it identified the kernel to be the battery draining source. Also haven't rooted the phone yet due to knox. Will update again if I can find out the stupid problem..
 

afgnail

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Managed to solve the battery drain! (for now) I got my info from this thread on S2: My Android OS battery drain fix - xda-developers

Basically I simply shut down the phone and removed the battery, and put it back in again. I didn't go into recovery and wipe cache as kEvinerd did.. The reported Android OS kernel battery drain didn't become such a big issue then. It will still be there, but it was not sucking that much battery.

I also downloaded Wakelock detector and I realised that during the battery drain, my phone never went into deep sleep mode at all. Which means my cpu was constantly running. I still cannot identify what exactly was wrong, though the xda thread did give some insights.

So after one night and one day of monitoring, my battery is back to normal again, losing 3% overnight.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top