Note 3 battery draining only during overnight

kefen123

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
Hi just wanna ask if anyone can solve my phone problem, I bought my note 3 on October and recently (around 1 week) my battery started draining from 95% to 40%+ overnight but during normal day usage it didn't drain as much like as the night so I deleted some apps and off wifi and close every program that's running and also cleared my ram before I go to bed then after tat 2 days was fine as it didn't drain as much as previous but after two days the problem come back again draining from 90% to 9% from 11pm+ to morning 10am+ (without any usage).

So now you see the problem with my phone is it only drain overnight while I'm asleep but during the day it didn't drain that much. Hope someone can help me thanks.

Previously I downloaded GO launcher and GO keyboard and now I already uninstall them to see if those are the culprit

++ I using original s view cover and had around 29gb videos on my sd card so dunno izzit this that makes my battery drain like siao
 
Last edited:

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
10,316
Reaction score
0
ghost ish playing with your phone in the night......


On a serious side. I thought Note 3 settings can see which app is eating up batt juice?
 

kefen123

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
Just wanna ask I'm using normal email but when I check the battery status it stated exchange services instead of email, my sis also uses same phone as me but hers is email and not exchange services
 

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
10,316
Reaction score
0
Just wanna ask I'm using normal email but when I check the battery status it stated exchange services instead of email, my sis also uses same phone as me but hers is email and not exchange services

both using same default email app ?
 

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
10,316
Reaction score
0
then have to wait for experts to come in liao....
Windows Phone no such prob and my wifey Note 3 also no such issues... :D:D:D
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
Sounds like you set the email up using exchange. Exchange can be used for push email among a number of other things.

Either switch the settings in the exchange to fetch new mail manually, or remove the email settings completely, and re set it up using IMAP instead of exchange.

What email account are you setting up anyways, Gmail, Yahoo, or work?
 

kefen123

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
It's weird under the setting account my sis email is on Microsoft exchange activesync which is same as me but on the battery usage mine displayed as exchange services while my sis was displayed as email usage


Btw I'm using hotmail msn
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,269
Reaction score
9,025
It's weird under the setting account my sis email is on Microsoft exchange activesync which is same as me but on the battery usage mine displayed as exchange services while my sis was displayed as email usage


Btw I'm using hotmail msn

Then why not you remove your current email account, reboot the phone, and set up the email account according to the same method as your sis? And turn off push email at night. Why the need when you're sleeping? Also, I will usually charge the phone at night and plug the power when awake in the morning. Why don't you charge the phone at night?
 

kefen123

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
Btw I switched from exchange services to imap email but my battery usage still stated 26% on exchange services (which is highest usage on my phone right now)
 

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
10,316
Reaction score
0
Btw I switched from exchange services to imap email but my battery usage still stated 26% on exchange services (which is highest usage on my phone right now)

got set to manual sync? Monitor it for a while and see if its the same.
Initial high usage might due to email doing the initial syncing..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top