note 3: How to delete downloaded firmware?

cybernick

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
954
Reaction score
1
My note 3 automatically downloaded the Kitkat firmware, but I don't want to update it due to the SD-card write issues.

Is there a way to delete the firmware update or stop it from prompting me in the task bar?
 

cybernick

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
954
Reaction score
1
My note 3 automatically downloaded the Kitkat firmware, but I don't want to update it due to the SD-card write issues.

Is there a way to delete the firmware update or stop it from prompting me in the task bar?

Anyone knows?
 

cybernick

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
954
Reaction score
1
My note 3 automatically downloaded the Kitkat firmware, but I don't want to update it due to the SD-card write issues.

Is there a way to delete the firmware update or stop it from prompting me in the task bar?

Anyone knows?
 

walkingcorpse

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
6,261
Reaction score
0
go to the running process under applications, just clear the data and of the system update, cannot remember the actual name of the system update but it shld be still in the running process.
 

cybernick

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
954
Reaction score
1
I found a running application called "software update". Is it that?
How do I clear the data of the system update?
I only see a "stop" option. I stopped it & restarted my phone, but the software update still appeared again.
 

slacker

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
1
Go to setting->More->About device->Software update->[unchecked] auto update
 

gentoro

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
4,475
Reaction score
9
I already uncheck "auto update" for both my s4mini and s3. Awaiting it to stablise 1st.
 

cybernick

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2002
Messages
954
Reaction score
1
The auto update has already been unchecked. But I still get the prompt as the firmware has already been downloaded to my phone.
Anyway to delete it?
 

walkingcorpse

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
6,261
Reaction score
0
is your note3 rooted, if yes, the firmware should be stored in /cache, you can access it using es file explorer.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top