Note 4 and Singtel Clearvoice/VoLTE

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
anyone enabled singtel clearvoice for Note 4?

i enabled the service but dont see it's working on my phone. does the phone need a firmware update? my note 4 is not singtel set btw.

thanks.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
4G can. Please call Singtel and ask them enabled 4G Clear Voice for you.

called already and said successfully enabled one hour ago. but on phone dont see it's working yet. already tried restarted.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
called already and said successfully enabled one hour ago. but on phone dont see it's working yet. already tried restarted.
Wait awhile bah. If 6 hours later still no left n right arrows, call Singtel again.

Also make sure you enable VoLTE on your phone.

Go phone | Settings | Call | Outgoing voice call settings and select "Use VoLTE when available".
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
the setting is enabled on phone already. ok. will wait some more time. thanks.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
You should get a sms from Singtel when it is enabled. CSO might have send in the request but the technician might not have done it.
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,292
Reaction score
13,849
Re

If you are COMBO plan then ONLY the main line has it. The other supplementary lines do NOT have it.
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
Just now called again and took 30 mins to activate. received sms and need to restart phone to activate..

Now I know why this morning it didn't work.. I asked the service staff to activate both my phone and my mother phone. The service staff said he could only activate mine and my mother needs to call by herself. I wait whole day mine not working but when I back home I found my mother phone clearvoice working. 😂 😂


Sent from GAGT Android App
 

Super

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
24,601
Reaction score
0
Just now called again and took 30 mins to activate. received sms and need to restart phone to activate..

Now I know why this morning it didn't work.. I asked the service staff to activate both my phone and my mother phone. The service staff said he could only activate mine and my mother needs to call by herself. I wait whole day mine not working but when I back home I found my mother phone clearvoice working. 😂 😂


Sent from GAGT Android App
You meant SingTel activated the wrong phone?
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Just now called again and took 30 mins to activate. received sms and need to restart phone to activate..

Now I know why this morning it didn't work.. I asked the service staff to activate both my phone and my mother phone. The service staff said he could only activate mine and my mother needs to call by herself. I wait whole day mine not working but when I back home I found my mother phone clearvoice working. 😂 😂


Sent from GAGT Android App
Cool .
 

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,831
Reaction score
3,805
Is this VoLTE really that good? It does not seem to have any difference in terms of quality as compare to when I listen on 3G.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
yes. Not all but in terms of quality, it does not seem much different from normal GSM.
I think the call is supposed to be connected faster as the phone don't need to switch to 3G. Now it can stay in 4G and connect the call. How much faster, I cannot tell.

But I agreed for the call quality wise, the improvement is minimum.
 
Last edited:

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
yes. Not all but in terms of quality, it does not seem much different from normal GSM.

To my understanding, VoLTE only works when both lines are VoLTE enabled and it harness 4G and do not work on 3G. Thus, if u're in an area where there is no 4G, VoLTE will not be activated.

Having said that, the call quality of some phones, eg, Note 4 is already great as it is, thus, u may not not be able to tell if there is a significant improvement when using VoLTE since the improvement is incremental only.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top