Note 4 Fast Charging Question

guess55

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone I have a question pertaining to the fast charging of the Note 4. During my first week of using the phone, whenever i am charging the phone and turn on the screen, the popup saying fast charging will work if the screen is turned off will appear. The popup appears each time I turn on the screen while charging. I did not tick the "do not show the message again".

However, now when I charge the phone, the above message only appears once, and does not appear each time I turn the screen on. And I do not see the lightning icon which indicates that fast charging is activated. I used to see the icon last time. Anyone knows what is wrong?

How do I tell if fast charging is working? Thanks :)
 
Last edited:

nightkids7089

Banned
Joined
Mar 20, 2014
Messages
24,939
Reaction score
2,243
erm.....i tout whenever you use the fast charging charger with the cable, and plug in your hp, it will always be fast charging.....no? :s11: :s11: :s11:
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
Hey everyone I have a question pertaining to the fast charging of the Note 4. During my first week of using the phone, whenever i am charging the phone and turn on the screen, the popup saying fast charging will work if the screen is turned off will appear. The popup appears each time I turn on the screen while charging. I did not tick the "do not show the message again".

However, now when I charge the phone, the above message only appears once, and does not appear each time I turn the screen on. And I do not see the lightning icon which indicates that fast charging is activated. I used to see the icon last time. Anyone knows what is wrong?

How do I tell if fast charging is working? Thanks :)

The notification bar will say fast charger connected. The lightning symbol comes on for any charger attached... it's just a charging icon... nothing to do with the fast charging thing.
 

G4

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
4
erm.....i tout whenever you use the fast charging charger with the cable, and plug in your hp, it will always be fast charging.....no? :s11: :s11: :s11:

by default is enabled. but IMO, fast charging it too much will kill the battery faster.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,329
Reaction score
293
by default is enabled. but IMO, fast charging it too much will kill the battery faster.

Not true lar... the phone has a charging logic built in that will limit the current... note that the super fast charging bit only occurs up to 50% charge... it does that in 30 min... for the next 50% it doesn't charge at that rate.
 

guess55

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
The notification bar will say fast charger connected. The lightning symbol comes on for any charger attached... it's just a charging icon... nothing to do with the fast charging thing.

Hi there :) The lightning icon I was referring to isn't the normal one found at the battery icon. I'm referring to the lightning icon on the top left of the screen without any battery icon which indicates the fast charging.

But my notification bar does not say fast charger connected? Any idea why? Lastly, when I turn on the screen while charging, it does not display the message about fast charging anymore. It used to pop up every time I turn on the screen while charging last time. Anyone knows what is wrong? Thanks
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hey everyone I have a question pertaining to the fast charging of the Note 4. During my first week of using the phone, whenever i am charging the phone and turn on the screen, the popup saying fast charging will work if the screen is turned off will appear. The popup appears each time I turn on the screen while charging. I did not tick the "do not show the message again".

However, now when I charge the phone, the above message only appears once, and does not appear each time I turn the screen on. And I do not see the lightning icon which indicates that fast charging is activated. I used to see the icon last time. Anyone knows what is wrong?

How do I tell if fast charging is working? Thanks :)

There could be a possibility of the wire you are using is faulty. Also, the charger might be faulty too. The motherboard in which the fast charging mechanism is at could be faulty too.

You need another known to be good fast charger to isolate the problem..
 

nightkids7089

Banned
Joined
Mar 20, 2014
Messages
24,939
Reaction score
2,243
Hi there :) The lightning icon I was referring to isn't the normal one found at the battery icon. I'm referring to the lightning icon on the top left of the screen without any battery icon which indicates the fast charging.

But my notification bar does not say fast charger connected? Any idea why? Lastly, when I turn on the screen while charging, it does not display the message about fast charging anymore. It used to pop up every time I turn on the screen while charging last time. Anyone knows what is wrong? Thanks

There could be a possibility of the wire you are using is faulty. Also, the charger might be faulty too. The motherboard in which the fast charging mechanism is at could be faulty too.

You need another known to be good fast charger to isolate the problem..

i tink for fast charging, charger and usb cable and hp must all have this ability....bcos i use fast charging cable with normal cable to charge my Edge, no fast charging icon leh....

yesterday i charged my phone using fast charging, the lightning logo come out, then disappear....
 

liuhao

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
0
For fast charging, the initial charging current very high. I ever saw 2500ma when charging from 5%. Imagine if it's 5v and the actual current going through the cable is same, even the cable is 1ohm resistor, the power loss is 2.5 Watt on the cable. That's scary. So I guess during initial charging the voltage is higher so that the current going through cable is lower, to avoid power loss

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

guess55

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
For fast charging, the initial charging current very high. I ever saw 2500ma when charging from 5%. Imagine if it's 5v and the actual current going through the cable is same, even the cable is 1ohm resistor, the power loss is 2.5 Watt on the cable. That's scary. So I guess during initial charging the voltage is higher so that the current going through cable is lower, to avoid power loss

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

Nowadays when I charge my phone, (I am using the original adaptor and usb cable by the way)the pop up message which says that the phone will charge faster with the screen off only appears once. It doesn't appear when I turn the phone screen on unlike in the past.

How do I know that fast charging is working? I don't see the lightning icon anymore.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Nowadays when I charge my phone, (I am using the original adaptor and usb cable by the way)the pop up message which says that the phone will charge faster with the screen off only appears once. It doesn't appear when I turn the phone screen on unlike in the past.

How do I know that fast charging is working? I don't see the lightning icon anymore.

If fast charging is current employed, you will not be able to untick fast charging because this option will be greyed out at power saving settings..
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
still have questions about quick charge 2.0?

well let android authority explain...

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top