Note 4 IR blaster not working

ToiletUncle

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
410
Reaction score
0
I've been using the Samsung IR app on my S4 to control my old CRT TV but I installed the same app on my Note 4 and it doesn't work.

I looked at my Note 4's IR blaster under a camera and it indeed shone IR but none of my appliances can receive it.

Since the app claims it supports Note 4, I have no doubt about that.
 

Super

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
24,601
Reaction score
0
DO a *#0*#in the dialer.

There is a menu to test the IR blaster.
 
Last edited:

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Note 4 got a new apps pre-installed to control TV. It is called Smart Remote. Not need to install the S4 one.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top