Note 4 ‘Screen Protector’ Controversy!

pm

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Despite multiple messages, disappointing feedback and horror stories from so many users on this forum in the midst of conflicting and own business promoting messages from a few mobile accessories shop owners (one can except this issue to become a big controversy once the Note 4 gets launched in the US and European markets later), it is indeed sad to observe our fellow Samsung (and latest iPhone) users and Note 4 forum members here in SG, spending precious money on various types of screen protectors from different rival shops, only to completely regret later!


Don’t believe the shop owners or sales men who are desperate to exhaust their first stocks of Note 4 (and new iPhone) screen protectors. There is no phenomenon of some being lucky and some unlucky. Every Note 4 screen is the same! (all are High Definition, tapered down on all 4 sides, 2.5D tough glass screens). From special tempered glass to 9H hardness to laser cut to plastic to PET to super fine film to some rocket science nano material that the salesmen may claim, currently there is NO SCREEN PROTECTOR for the NOTE 4 that is satisfactory and sticks perfectly!

Note the screen shots below.

Well, in a strange way it is a good development since customers need to understand that unless you have a glass cutter or sharp iron blade in your pocket or elsewhere, it is impossible for any mobile handset’s thick glass or gorilla glass or sapphire screen to get scratches that affect proper use. Indeed, aside to common sense, had there been a real need, every mobile handset manufacturer would have added a glass protector in the original box, along with the various sizes of ear phone buds. Unfortunately there has been a multi-million dollar industry in mobile handset screen protectors!

To be frank, the only worth-while and additional accessory seriously advisable would be a very soft, flexible, shock absorbing case/cover for the handset, to protect it from breakage, when it falls on the floor or road (Viz., most common cause for damage or breakage). While there are 100’s of handset case models available for all sorts of crazy prices, the very best and time-tested as the most reliable is the silicon, flexible or rubberized cover (transparent, translucent or with a small color tone) that is affordable too! Among the more expensive, the genuine leather cases or think black rubber cases are pretty good shock absorbers too. Talking about handsets cases, I suggest do sufficient research before ordering online, since almost all accessories brands already advertise new items on their websites for the Note 4, while most have not yet started manufacturing!

Finally, to those with a big, bulging pocket, my 2 cents of suggestion is to take some sane advice and splurge your extra dollars on a very high end, extra bass earphone, since the original ear phones from all the manufacturers are simple plain-vanilla models. Music lovers will definitely need a high-end earphone along with the excellent 'PowerAmp Full Version' App from Max MP.


As soon as the screen is pasted:



After 30 mins to 1.5 hrs (notice in all the 4 sides there is a ugly 3 MM gap due to the 2.5D screen that has suddenly tapered down surface/edges on all four sides of the glass screen):

 
Last edited:

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,220
Reaction score
5,200
I think the issue is accidental drops, and we all have dropped our phones.
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
What brand glass protector are you using?

Got a Clasy Korea from Adix82. I went about 8pm yesterday and according to him i'm the first customer to test it as the stock just arrived.

My situation is not as bad as yours. Currently after more than 12 hrs, little gap can only be seen near the home button area. I'll continue monitor and do a review later in the afternoon.
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
As soon as the screen is pasted:



After 30 mins to 1.5 hrs (notice in all the 4 sides there is a ugly 3 MM gap due to the 2.5D screen that has suddenly tapered down surface/edges on all four sides of the glass screen):


Btw your comparison of picture 1 and 2 seems to come from different screen protectors!
The 1st picture's showing the protector flushed in line with the home button but 2nd picture seems to be more extended.
 

pm

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2001
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Bro, you are right about the Picture 1 and 2.
Assume the picture 1 is of any mobile phone the moment the screen is pasted. Little did I realize of the need to take a snap of my screen the moment I got.
The Picture 2 is what I saw when I reached back home!

More importantly, if you have a 100% perfect screen (which si impossible), hats off to you and congrats.
You are probably one of the very lucky few that various shop owners have been claiming out here!
BTW, I hope you are yourself not an accessories shop owner ;-)

FYI, I tried two brands and then decided not to experiment anymore.

To all other readers, take my word, from Spigen (original or fake) to various Mainland made to Taiwanese brands to Korean or European makes, from clasy to iloome to UAG and a 100 others, there is no perfect screen protector for the Note 4. Nothing to do with the manufacturers, it is all because of the tapered 2.5D glass screen of the handset!

From P20 to Adix to Sim Lim to Burlington Square to Mobile Square and beyond, it is time folks realized that there is no screen protector that is 100% perfect for the Note 4.

Of course, we will always have occasional disputes and claims of being lucky, magic and such other miracles....
 

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
22,274
Reaction score
238
Use a reputable liquid sp combo with a good case if shattered screen is one's main concern
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Bro, you are right about the Picture 1 and 2.
Assume the picture 1 is of any mobile phone the moment the screen is pasted. Little did I realize of the need to take a snap of my screen the moment I got.
The Picture 2 is what I saw when I reached back home!

More importantly, if you have a 100% perfect screen (which si impossible), hats off to you and congrats.
You are probably one of the very lucky few that various shop owners have been claiming out here!
BTW, I hope you are yourself not an accessories shop owner ;-)

FYI, I tried two brands and then decided not to experiment anymore.

To all other readers, take my word, from Spigen (original or fake) to various Mainland made to Taiwanese brands to Korean or European makes, from clasy to iloome to UAG and a 100 others, there is no perfect screen protector for the Note 4. Nothing to do with the manufacturers, it is all because of the tapered 2.5D glass screen of the handset!

From P20 to Adix to Sim Lim to Burlington Square to Mobile Square and beyond, it is time folks realized that there is no screen protector that is 100% perfect for the Note 4.

Of course, we will always have occasional disputes and claims of being lucky, magic and such other miracles....

Hey bro, try again on Monday at Burlington square. Ur view might change.

Apart from p2o who use scheme to cheat ppl to paying 29 when he post $9. ( and still get big bubble) the kind of shop u should stay away from if u need glass protector.
Clasy Korea is out there with a warranty to make sure if bubble appear, u will get to change to a newer version once it's available. That's the assurance clasy Korea is giving and not even spigen can match it.

Skinny86 will get a newer version once available if his bubble for the new batch appear to be out of proportion. This is an assurance for him. U will get the same treatment too.

After pasting 100 pcs of glass for note 4. I have enough prove to show u on different note 4 with different kind of curve and different degree in the bubble. Note all note 4 screen curve the same. U are welcome to take a look at the photo. U are welcome to try to apply one 2 different note 4 if u wan to but u have to edit your statement if I am correct.
I have already communicated with samsung and they are aware of it and will monitor the situation. That is how Samsung listen to customer and work on feedbacks.
 
Last edited:

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,220
Reaction score
5,200
Bro, you are right about the Picture 1 and 2.
Assume the picture 1 is of any mobile phone the moment the screen is pasted. Little did I realize of the need to take a snap of my screen the moment I got.
The Picture 2 is what I saw when I reached back home!

More importantly, if you have a 100% perfect screen (which si impossible), hats off to you and congrats.
You are probably one of the very lucky few that various shop owners have been claiming out here!
BTW, I hope you are yourself not an accessories shop owner ;-)

FYI, I tried two brands and then decided not to experiment anymore.

To all other readers, take my word, from Spigen (original or fake) to various Mainland made to Taiwanese brands to Korean or European makes, from clasy to iloome to UAG and a 100 others, there is no perfect screen protector for the Note 4. Nothing to do with the manufacturers, it is all because of the tapered 2.5D glass screen of the handset!

From P20 to Adix to Sim Lim to Burlington Square to Mobile Square and beyond, it is time folks realized that there is no screen protector that is 100% perfect for the Note 4.

Of course, we will always have occasional disputes and claims of being lucky, magic and such other miracles....

Basically wait for undersized one that stops before the curves at the edge lor, right?
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Basically wait for undersized one that stops before the curves at the edge lor, right?

Let us positively hope that manufacturers can find ways to make it work. Honestly i'm still loving glass over normal plastic screen protectors and i'm not giving up on it. :s12:
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Hey bro, try again on Monday at Burlington square. Ur view might change.

Apart from p2o who use scheme to cheat ppl to paying 29 when he post $9. ( and still get big bubble) the kind of shop u should stay away from if u need glass protector.
Clasy Korea is out there with a warranty to make sure if bubble appear, u will get to change to a newer version once it's available. That's the assurance clasy Korea is giving and not even spigen can match it.

Skinny86 will get a newer version once available if his bubble for the new batch appear to be out of proportion. This is an assurance for him. U will get the same treatment too.

After pasting 100 pcs of glass for note 4. I have enough prove to show u on different note 4 with different kind of curve and different degree in the bubble. Note all note 4 screen curve the same. U are welcome to take a look at the photo. U are welcome to try to apply one 2 different note 4 if u wan to but u have to edit your statement if I am correct.
I have already communicated with samsung and they are aware of it and will monitor the situation. That is how Samsung listen to customer and work on feedbacks.

Means Monday your new arrival is Version 3 and I can go down and change too? I went down and pasted your "version 2" korean one on Sat evening.
 

ninpeh

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
2,212
Reaction score
0
my note 2 lasted two years without a screen protector and never had a single scratch mark. i left it face down on table, in the bag and virtually everywhere.
so i dont think note 4 gorilla screen should be any worse.

unless one is looking for privacy screen, i doubt a piece of plastic sheet is really necessary...
 

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,166
Reaction score
0
Means Monday your new arrival is Version 3 and I can go down and change too? I went down and pasted your "version 2" korean one on Sat evening.

Wow..so adix giving free replacement for all that pasted the version 1 and 2??
I think this is really solid customer service. .all those who pasted version 1 and 2 ..please go see adix for free replacement ..
This is really satki. ..good service. ..well done...
 

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,166
Reaction score
0
Hey bro, try again on Monday at Burlington square. Ur view might change.

Apart from p2o who use scheme to cheat ppl to paying 29 when he post $9. ( and still get big bubble) the kind of shop u should stay away from if u need glass protector.
Clasy Korea is out there with a warranty to make sure if bubble appear, u will get to change to a newer version once it's available. That's the assurance clasy Korea is giving and not even spigen can match it.

Skinny86 will get a newer version once available if his bubble for the new batch appear to be out of proportion. This is an assurance for him. U will get the same treatment too.

After pasting 100 pcs of glass for note 4. I have enough prove to show u on different note 4 with different kind of curve and different degree in the bubble. Note all note 4 screen curve the same. U are welcome to take a look at the photo. U are welcome to try to apply one 2 different note 4 if u wan to but u have to edit your statement if I am correct.
I have already communicated with samsung and they are aware of it and will monitor the situation. That is how Samsung listen to customer and work on feedbacks.

This is the bloody problem with you...always bad mouth people when they just do their own business..

I know that there fans of yours but you also have a fair share of enemies here...

I agree p2o Daniel is not as glib tounge as you ...and yes you are passionate about your work...but just do your own business and let others do theirs..

You have already been using this forum to do many free advertising...

So tomorrow all that pasted your version 1 and version 2 will get free replacement yah..
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
Wow..so adix giving free replacement for all that pasted the version 1 and 2??
I think this is really solid customer service. .all those who pasted version 1 and 2 ..please go see adix for free replacement ..
This is really satki. ..good service. ..well done...

Already had a pact with those who came to paste. They will know what to do. U don have to worried.

Maybe u can help to announce p2o charge ppl $29 instead of $9 for a pcs of tempered glass. It might help the community
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
This is the bloody problem with you...always bad mouth people when they just do their own business..

I know that there fans of yours but you also have a fair share of enemies here...

I agree p2o Daniel is not as glib tounge as you ...and yes you are passionate about your work...but just do your own business and let others do theirs..

You have already been using this forum to do many free advertising...

So tomorrow all that pasted your version 1 and version 2 will get free replacement yah..

My enemies are ppl who can't reap profit from here anymore and thus hate me. My enemies are ppl who type nonsense in the forum to create trouble.

There are 2000 over handphone shops in Singapore. U must be crazy thinking I go ard bad mouth ppl. I simply have no time to do it. I only bad mouth ppl like p2o who overcharge or always use my name to do nonsense. He love to tell ppl I go toilet or buy dinner whenever they are searching for me. I am so sick of it.

I have proof that he overcharge. There are hwz member here nearly charge at $29. U don get so work up. Go read.

Daniel p2o is my neighbor for 10 years and I see him everyday. U don. And trust me I don wan to dab into his work.. Because there is nothing worth mention and we are so busy everyday day.. We really don wan to bother about him.. But there is a saying.. Paper cannot wrap fire. If do the right thing, who will be so free to say things about u. But sadly he been doing a lot of back hand job bullying us. My guy have been tolerating his nonsense and till now we are still tolerating his nonsense.
I won't even wanna say it out. If u don know the story. Pls stand one side. Don be so gullible to fall for it. It's long history. U are not in the right position to comment. Let's stick back to tempered glass.

If u are free to hear story. Come look for me. I will tell u story and u might be interested in seeing some proof too.

By the way.. Ppl have been telling me u are actually not a UNI student as u claimed.. And I know who u are.. Ppl digging out u are married but u go ard telling ppl u are UNI student.. Ppl like u create trouble. U better go alter all ur thread to make the story believable.
 
Last edited:

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
Use a reputable liquid sp combo with a good case if shattered screen is one's main concern

true... fit all size of screens... save the trouble of pasting incorrectly / find correct sp for that models...
 

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
31,384
Reaction score
3,526
There's no need to use screen protector unless you are used to rubbing your screen with fine sand.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top