Note 4 ‘Screen Protector’ Controversy!

Leonard_Ong

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
11
I read the first page only. Bought two screen protectors, one nanotech glass which oversized and has the same problem as the OP. I also bought S View Cover from Korea which comes with free normal plastic screen protector which is at the right size and stick surprisingly very well.

The nanotech seller has replied that he will send a replacement factroing the curved screen


Already had a pact with those who came to paste. They will know what to do. U don have to worried.

Maybe u can help to announce p2o charge ppl $29 instead of $9 for a pcs of tempered glass. It might help the community
 

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2001
Messages
17,101
Reaction score
602
Adix is consider a very neutral dealer liao

he doesnt really advertise his products
and most of the time his "advertisements" are more like "help" to most of the noobs here loh (people who dont know how to buy SP/case online or stick SP themselves)

i been reading about people going to this P2O thinking they are Adix since years ago

still happening ah? they must be very happy.. got free advertisement..

Adix never consider moving to another location?
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Wow..so adix giving free replacement for all that pasted the version 1 and 2??
I think this is really solid customer service. .all those who pasted version 1 and 2 ..please go see adix for free replacement ..
This is really satki. ..good service. ..well done...

You butt hurt meh?

TBH I won't say I am a die hard fan of Adix but I do frequent his place well enough because of the range of stuff he does offer and I go other places for mobile stuffs as well. Technically I go wherever can offer me what I want and the place is convenient to me.

It is very simple. You need a protector you get it. If someone forewarn you that the protector might not fit perfectly but if it doesn't, he offers you a deal when a replacement come, and let you consider if you want to take up the offer, I don't see what is wrong. He didn't force anyone to paste it, you decide for yourself. And if you decide you want a glass protector now, obviously you go for someone who offers you something extra right (like his replacement deal)?

This is just a no brainier.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Already expected this when I messed with the Note 4. There is some slight curvature on the screen, and I already predicted this. :s13:
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Already expected this when I messed with the Note 4. There is some slight curvature on the screen, and I already predicted this. :s13:

Actually the unboxing event when they say 2.5D glass people already know siao liao :s13:

That was my first reaction too lol.

But I didn't know the usual flim protector also affected.
 

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Actually the unboxing event when they say 2.5D glass people already know siao liao :s13:

That was my first reaction too lol.

But I didn't know the usual flim protector also affected.

Yeah, I actually watch the love unboxing event and they said it, I was like WTFFFF. cause I'm using a S3 so i know the troublesome of pasting a SP.:vijayadmin:
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Yeah, I actually watch the love unboxing event and they said it, I was like WTFFFF. cause I'm using a S3 so i know the troublesome of pasting a SP.:vijayadmin:

I have the S3 as well, that time I don't think got glass pro or I sua ku didn't know about it, but I don't recall flim pro was bad though.

But ever since I used a glass pro then the unboxing event they show what smlj 2.5D curved screen I was like gg... not sure if want Note 4 cos glass pro will be either a bitch or impossible :(

And I don't even want to think about Note EDGE :s13:
 

Super

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
24,601
Reaction score
0
I thought Samsung announced it is 2.5D glass. That's mean the glass is curve at the side. No controversy here if you understood what is a 2.5D glass and it is for better swiping.



Since Samsung is so confidence about Note 4 and its drop test, perhaps, we should use it without any SP. :s13:
 

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
25,010
Reaction score
11
2.5D is not the problem. The problem is the unevenness on some devices. And also some curve earlier than the others. similar problem with LG G2. Samsung QC on the glass not very tight here as with their AMOLED (Uneven black patch). There is no big hooha on the issue with other 2.5D glass phone (ie iphone 6/6+, Note 2, S3, Nokia Lumia Line)

Want full protection, get those wet application screen protector. but don't complain about the texture

Personally i hate phones with 2.5D glass. I rather have a flat glass and paste a 2.5D glass protector.
 
Last edited:

Genome123

Banned
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
137
Hey bro, try again on Monday at Burlington square. Ur view might change.

Apart from p2o who use scheme to cheat ppl to paying 29 when he post $9. ( and still get big bubble) the kind of shop u should stay away from if u need glass protector.
Clasy Korea is out there with a warranty to make sure if bubble appear, u will get to change to a newer version once it's available. That's the assurance clasy Korea is giving and not even spigen can match it.

Skinny86 will get a newer version once available if his bubble for the new batch appear to be out of proportion. This is an assurance for him. U will get the same treatment too.

After pasting 100 pcs of glass for note 4. I have enough prove to show u on different note 4 with different kind of curve and different degree in the bubble. Note all note 4 screen curve the same. U are welcome to take a look at the photo. U are welcome to try to apply one 2 different note 4 if u wan to but u have to edit your statement if I am correct.
I have already communicated with samsung and they are aware of it and will monitor the situation. That is how Samsung listen to customer and work on feedbacks.

P2O is where? at simlim square or far east shop?:s11:
 

GenocidalX

Banned
Joined
Apr 11, 2008
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
432
Already had a pact with those who came to paste. They will know what to do. U don have to worried.

Maybe u can help to announce p2o charge ppl $29 instead of $9 for a pcs of tempered glass. It might help the community

I agree with adix, charging $29 for something that is $9 is pure bad.

Anyway I am not a fan of either but my girlfriend's sister who went to burlington sq said adix has better service and knowledge of the mobile units and accessories, she says the owner at P2O looks busy chatting with his kakis and less attentive to walk in customers.

This is what I heard from her experience, for me I used to getting my stuff from a buddy's shop at amk as I always get my stuff cost to cost from him.:D
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
I hope this saga won't continue into Note Edge. If there is a glass for edge that covers the side screen, bring it on! :s13:
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
2.5D is not the problem. The problem is the unevenness on some devices. And also some curve earlier than the others. similar problem with LG G2. Samsung QC on the glass not very tight here as with their AMOLED (Uneven black patch). There is no big hooha on the issue with other 2.5D glass phone (ie iphone 6/6+, Note 2, S3, Nokia Lumia Line)

Want full protection, get those wet application screen protector. but don't complain about the texture

Personally i hate phones with 2.5D glass. I rather have a flat glass and paste a 2.5D glass protector.

is it? I noticed most of the display set for Note 4 already got some slight curve at the edges.
 

pilotsnoopy

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
7
My enemies are ppl who can't reap profit from here anymore and thus hate me. My enemies are ppl who type nonsense in the forum to create trouble.

There are 2000 over handphone shops in Singapore. U must be crazy thinking I go ard bad mouth ppl. I simply have no time to do it. I only bad mouth ppl like p2o who overcharge or always use my name to do nonsense. He love to tell ppl I go toilet or buy dinner whenever they are searching for me. I am so sick of it.

I have proof that he overcharge. There are hwz member here nearly charge at $29. U don get so work up. Go read.

Daniel p2o is my neighbor for 10 years and I see him everyday. U don. And trust me I don wan to dab into his work.. Because there is nothing worth mention and we are so busy everyday day.. We really don wan to bother about him.. But there is a saying.. Paper cannot wrap fire. If do the right thing, who will be so free to say things about u. But sadly he been doing a lot of back hand job bullying us. My guy have been tolerating his nonsense and till now we are still tolerating his nonsense.
I won't even wanna say it out. If u don know the story. Pls stand one side. Don be so gullible to fall for it. It's long history. U are not in the right position to comment. Let's stick back to tempered glass.

If u are free to hear story. Come look for me. I will tell u story and u might be interested in seeing some proof too.

By the way.. Ppl have been telling me u are actually not a UNI student as u claimed.. And I know who u are.. Ppl digging out u are married but u go ard telling ppl u are UNI student.. Ppl like u create trouble. U better go alter all ur thread to make the story believable.

People whom are looking for you will be so blur to walk into his shop and be gullible to believe him saying you go out to toilet or dinner break?

Or is he actually standing outside your shop?
 

adix_82

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
16,223
Reaction score
0
People whom are looking for you will be so blur to walk into his shop and be gullible to believe him saying you go out to toilet or dinner break?

Or is he actually standing outside your shop?

Yes. Last saturday, a auntie carry silver iphone 6 Plus wan to sell. She was told i was not in. And Daniel keep wanting her to sell the iphone 6 plus saying i will be back later.

Sensing something fishy, the auntie went off and found my shop and i got the deal. And i was told the story. I don have make up story as it doesn't benefit me but it will benefit him if he got the iphone 6 plus.
 
Last edited:

Genome123

Banned
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
137
Yes. Last saturday, a auntie carry silver iphone 6 Plus wan to sell. She was told i was not in. And Daniel keep wanting her to sell the iphone 6 plus saying i will be back later.

Sensing something fishy, the auntie went off and found my shop and i got the deal. And i was told the story. I don have make up story as it doesn't benefit me but it will benefit him if he got the iphone 6 plus.

That's kind of a low-ball attempt if you ask me.

One off incident perhaps? can't be happening on the fly could it?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top