Note 4 Wifi issue

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
note 4 wifi on mine seems strange... btw im using singtel fibre 200... speedtest result very random jus between mins of ea test range can be from 7 - 168 mbps.... it will shoot up to 100+ and then start decreasing till 10+ mbps... try restart modem, phone, reset up wifi connections but doesn't solved... hopefully any bro can help thx :( tried google but still cant solve thks
 

ninpeh

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
2,212
Reaction score
0
didn't really measure it so dont know if the bandwidth got problem.

but i notice it will drop wifi connection & use data.
tried toggle the wifi on notification panel but it won't connect.
will only work if i to go settings->wifi, when it starts scanning again, then it will connect.
 

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
very disappointed with such a new phone I can't even enjoy with crappy wifi connection.... hopefully is not the phone but rather android kit kat :( hope someone can help
 

piaget

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
519
Reaction score
6
very disappointed with such a new phone I can't even enjoy with crappy wifi connection.... hopefully is not the phone but rather android kit kat :( hope someone can help
Why not bring down to the service centre since it is on warranty?
 

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
if really no choice then will go... this is my 2nd samsung products the 1st was S3 which 2 days ltr after purchased ended up in service center zzz... hopefully not this time round... it be very pissed off if is going in again within a week :( atm i've contacted the tech support and was told that shld not be a phone problem... but i told him my ipad and s3 are fine why only note 4? so he say try factory reset and see how it goes... after the reset it has stable on avg 80+ dl but can't cannot get over 150+ anymore :(
 
Last edited:

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
This is weird.. doesn't seems to happen for me leh.. I will go home and try later.
Is there QOS enabled on your router?
 

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
This is weird.. doesn't seems to happen for me leh.. I will go home and try later.
Is there QOS enabled on your router?

not sure.... i only hav the fiber modem provided by singtel and nvr really touch the internal setting
 

Zakhri32

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
69
I too have this issue, on Singtel 200MB fibre, getting around 8mbps download and 30 mbps upload :|
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Using 5Ghz.. This is my result
1001532068.png


Btw, I'm using Asus N56U router
 

Zakhri32

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
69
Here's mine, still having horrible speeds :|, is this hardware or software issue?

 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Here's mine, still having horrible speeds :|, is this hardware or software issue?

Depends on lots of factors I think.. You are connected via normal 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wireless? Maybe manual select Singtel server in the settings tab.
 

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
before factory restore i can get 168 dl and 210 ul but only 2 times... now after restore and choose singtel only avg 80 but very consistent atm... will monitor see how it goes... very disappointed...
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I was at Marina Bay Sands yesterday. Managed to download a 1.9gb file on the hotel wifi in less than 15minutes on my Note 4. So I don't think your problem with wifi is a problem with the Note 4. Either with your router or with Singnet.
 

Zakhri32

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
69
Depends on lots of factors I think.. You are connected via normal 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wireless? Maybe manual select Singtel server in the settings tab.

That was on the Singtel server, how to check whether I'm connected to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Not really a network savvy guy :p
 

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
That was on the Singtel server, how to check whether I'm connected to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Not really a network savvy guy :p

go into setting/wifi and see the one connected hav (5G) beside it... if no means u on 2.4
 

Zakhri32

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
69
go into setting/wifi and see the one connected hav (5G) beside it... if no means u on 2.4

I don't see any 5G on my connected network is it really the problem though? I tried on my Nexus 7 and LG G2 connected on the same WiFi they both get around 20-25 download.
 

xiaoheng

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
914
Reaction score
0
I don't see any 5G on my connected network is it really the problem though? I tried on my Nexus 7 and LG G2 connected on the same WiFi they both get around 20-25 download.

the problem for me will affect 2.4ghz too i tried in the morning before factory reset
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top