Note 5 hang and restarted

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
I was listening to the songs using the music app. Then i received a call. The GUI didnt pop up or notify me. My music is paused and cos i cant see the call notification, it says music cant play when a call is in progress. Following it, the phone was unresponsive and restarted.

Anyone has this issue? Or know whats the process running the call notification?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Could be an one off glitch.. can't really pinpoint unless u are rooted.m
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
Could be an one off glitch.. can't really pinpoint unless u are rooted.m

I hope so too. Just now it happened to my whatsapp. I launched whatsapp and it hanged for awhile. Lucky it responded.

Cpu temp, try remove casing and check temp?

I was in a normal aircon room so CPU temp should not be a problem Unless theres a huge resource hog. I was listen to the song for abt 10 mins or so only. But it auto restarted and i didnt have tools to monitor temperature.

However i just remembered i installed the network speed indicator app that was released on xda recently. I have uninstalled it since it restarted
 

Zen_mystic

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
I was listening to the songs using the music app. Then i received a call. The GUI didnt pop up or notify me. My music is paused and cos i cant see the call notification, it says music cant play when a call is in progress. Following it, the phone was unresponsive and restarted.

Anyone has this issue? Or know whats the process running the call notification?

It happened to me yesterday too, was listening to music and it paused, surfing with chrome lagged badly too. Then after a while it reboot too. so far encountered once.
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,168
Reaction score
2,877
I was listening to the songs using the music app. Then i received a call. The GUI didnt pop up or notify me. My music is paused and cos i cant see the call notification, it says music cant play when a call is in progress. Following it, the phone was unresponsive and restarted.

Anyone has this issue? Or know whats the process running the call notification?
once or always? u can test... if once, should be ok lah
 

sendytay

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
387
Reaction score
30
Once in a while I kena hang and I have to do cold reboot. About once a week. For me this is ok.

But the stupid sleep wake issue can occur like every day
 

anirudhks

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
1,479
Reaction score
0
juzt happend to me , now got a whatsapp message was replying and kaboom hang and restarted..
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
I uninstalled the network speed app and it didnt hang already but i have to monitor till next week.

But i do encounter random lags on various applications. It is almost unresponsive when i launch it. Sometimes when i want to type something, there is no response from the keypress.

This kind can only trial and error to troubleshoot liao
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,168
Reaction score
2,877
I uninstalled the network speed app and it didnt hang already but i have to monitor till next week.

But i do encounter random lags on various applications. It is almost unresponsive when i launch it. Sometimes when i want to type something, there is no response from the keypress.

This kind can only trial and error to troubleshoot liao
This could be due to certain apps... i did encountered after update to lollipop on my note 3.... especially fabebook... but after clear a few times cache, ok liao... seems lollipop or that particular apps not compatible bah...

Sent from the dark side of the moon using GAGT
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
This could be due to certain apps... i did encountered after update to lollipop on my note 3.... especially fabebook... but after clear a few times cache, ok liao... seems lollipop or that particular apps not compatible bah...

Sent from the dark side of the moon using GAGT

did u clear ur clear on ur note 3? When i updated to lollipop on my note 3 i took the opportunity to do a factory reset as well. so i havent had any kind of issues.

I dunno the unresponsiveness is due the apps or android OS itself
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
my Message (sms) app just became unresponsive when i wanted to send a sms. so its not isolated to a particular suite of apps. It could be any app. High chance its OS or some other threads are hogging on to the resources when waking the phone up
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
suddenly my phone has become very lag in everything i do. Typing, swiping. Time for a restart. What is happening?

I check the RAM usage on cached apps. its 3GB (used+cached). Maybe its the memory handling. I exit my apps properly (back all the way) and Android is supposed to handle the rest. Today i only used whatsapp and sms. I may have to manually clear cached apps like WinMo days or kill task in iOS
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
suddenly my phone has become very lag in everything i do. Typing, swiping. Time for a restart. What is happening?

I check the RAM usage on cached apps. its 3GB (used+cached). Maybe its the memory handling. I exit my apps properly (back all the way) and Android is supposed to handle the rest. Today i only used whatsapp and sms. I may have to manually clear cached apps like WinMo days or kill task in iOS

you never use smart manager to clear ram?
 

Kel1ng

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
575
Reaction score
23
suddenly my phone has become very lag in everything i do. Typing, swiping. Time for a restart. What is happening?

I check the RAM usage on cached apps. its 3GB (used+cached). Maybe its the memory handling. I exit my apps properly (back all the way) and Android is supposed to handle the rest. Today i only used whatsapp and sms. I may have to manually clear cached apps like WinMo days or kill task in iOS

R u using a 3rd party live wallpaper? I had that problem when I was using true weather live wallpaper.....
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
R u using a 3rd party live wallpaper? I had that problem when I was using true weather live wallpaper.....

I am using the stock wallpaper and theme. didnt change any lock screen wallpaper, home screen wallpaper or even the fonts.

I only reduced size of font and used fingerprint to unlock. Thats all. Everything is pretty much stock.
 

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2,730
Reaction score
9
Oh ya and btw, today i kena quite a few times of the random lag when launching apps after unlock. However today i didnt have much whatsapp message so i didnt encounter whatsapp messages not coming in.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top