Note 5 - Water Damage!

kernelspy

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
1
So my less than a year Note 5 got soaked in the pool. Crappy water-proof pouch! Anyhow, I put it in an uncooked rice, now everything works but the LED Screen looks very dim and yellowish... :(

Anybody experienced this and did you get it repair? Below's Samsung response via chat when I inquired about this issue. Obviously this is not included in their warranty/// :mad::

Firstly, there will be a diagnosis cost of SGD32.10, the approximate cost of the LCD replacement will be SGD320 while the approximate cost for the Note 5 battery will be SGD110. I do not have the approximate cost of the motherboard as this can only be finalized after the engineers evaluation.

I checked with getFynd https://www.getfynd.com/ and they will charge me $388 for LCD screen replacement.

I'm at lost now... I love my NOTE 5 but this is almost unusable now.

HELP! Any other shops?
 

stylechap

Master Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
4,199
Reaction score
342
if you have the tools, open it and let the screen dry up first
Note: the cover adhesive might not be strong enough for re-use so you have re-do the adhesive or buy a new cover

 

kernelspy

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
1
if you have the tools, open it and let the screen dry up first
Note: the cover adhesive might not be strong enough for re-use so you have re-do the adhesive or buy a new cover


Thanks but unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tools nor skills to fix this on my own.
 

stylechap

Master Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
4,199
Reaction score
342
Thanks but unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tools nor skills to fix this on my own.

then you might have to look at other ways to remove moisture off your phone first.
Like putting in fridge, under the sun or using proper water absorbent. Even these method will need a few days, it's your cheapest bet so might as well see if situation improves since it's still usable
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top