November 2017 SBF

LynR52

Reaction score
But I thought only after you buy new flat from HDB (2nd timer) then you need to pay levy? How can they deduct the levy straight after you sold the flat?

Yes. Which is why i received the full amount 60k 10yrs ago. Now they asking me 20k in cash for levy when i wanted to buy this sbf.

If u sell house then buy 2nd flat straight after selling. Then any cash profits they will deduct straight lor.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Yes. Which is why i received the full amount 60k 10yrs ago. Now they asking me 20k in cash for levy when i wanted to buy this sbf.

If u sell house then buy 2nd flat straight after selling. Then any cash profits they will deduct straight lor.

Crazy..... Who will keep 20K and wait till they apply new HDB again. As if we can predict what's for next. These ppl har........ Wanna give us grant, give properly lah. Ask to pay back, I can understand, but money spent liao then how?:eek:

Monday21

Reaction score
Crazy..... Who will keep 20K and wait till they apply new HDB again. As if we can predict what's for next. These ppl har........ Wanna give us grant, give properly lah. Ask to pay back, I can understand, but money spent liao then how?:eek:

Might as well dont give grant right :s13: Likewise for CPF, i just learnt that we can use our OA to further our studies. Initially i was happy cos current education is not that cheap, thought can finally continue my studies and upgrade myself, get a better paying job with better certs.

Then got to know that you have to repay back your OA with interest after you finish studies. Isn't OA our money in the first place?? Its like owing money to yourself :s22:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Might as well dont give grant right :s13: Likewise for CPF, i just learnt that we can use our OA to further our studies. Initially i was happy cos current education is not that cheap, thought can finally continue my studies and upgrade myself, get a better paying job with better certs.

Then got to know that you have to repay back your OA with interest after you finish studies. Isn't OA our money in the first place?? Its like owing money to yourself :s22:

yes. have to pay back together with the 5% interest. I need to earn more CPF for my girls to further study:s13:

LynR52

Reaction score

Yaa thats why...when i appeal they asked me for receipts of what i spent. Siow. 10yrs ago keep receipts also the prints disappear already. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

LynR52

Reaction score

Ya lah. Might as well dun give grant. But i think if u take grant then nvr sell tht house until u die then shld be worth itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Monday21

Reaction score
Yaa thats why...when i appeal they asked me for receipts of what i spent. Siow. 10yrs ago keep receipts also the prints disappear already. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

HDB sometimes can be so ridiculous... 10 years receipt... are you kidding me.. the prints would have disappeared lah....

LynR52

Reaction score
Correct.. once the grant status goes missing = processing.. 3-4days will know outcome.

I everytime before log in singpass nw will say my prayer for missing grant statusπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. The waiting game is too much for me to handle mannn. Dying to knw how much my husband get grant. Then cn minus the 34k cash. No need use HLE. No need take bank loan.

Monday21

Reaction score
Ya lah. Might as well dun give grant. But i think if u take grant then nvr sell tht house until u die then shld be worth itπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

but if dont give grant, i wont be able to take my keys this 30th haha... so like it or not, i still have to accept......

zidmosby

Reaction score

But the study one only for full time undergrad programs and from β€œrecognized” schools. I mean correct me if I’m wrong la but I would assume the majority of us on this forum have passed eligibility for this hahahaha.

I wanted to use it for post grad course at NTU but they blatantly stated there β€œnot applicable as we expect post grad students to already have money for their education as they already have a degree to earn money”. Something along those lines but it’s a big fat no. Sigh.

Erinlmh

Reaction score

am wondering... If we take grant and don't sell until the day we die. Our children will take over and sell for us. Will our children kena levy?:s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score

Siao.... Tell them take the details fom NTUC, Shengsiong, Cold Storage, Prime, etc..... :s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
I everytime before log in singpass nw will say my prayer for missing grant statusπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. The waiting game is too much for me to handle mannn. Dying to knw how much my husband get grant. Then cn minus the 34k cash. No need use HLE. No need take bank loan.

I will pray hard , hopefully to see them processing our grant:s13::s13:

Monday21

Reaction score

but i don't remember seeing any missing grant status leh.... mine was all the way application received bla bla.... just to be sure, call the hotline and ask, why the grant status is missing?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
but if dont give grant, i wont be able to take my keys this 30th haha... so like it or not, i still have to accept......

If they give you the grant, just take. Stay and dun sell liao. When got money, buy ang mo house. Rent out this flat to service your ang mo house expenses:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.