November 2017 SBF

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
I still feel its too long. Lol....still no news of grant? No missing status or anything?

Just missing status of the sign of lease only haha! But the grant status still remain the same. What about urs?

LynR52

Reaction score
Just missing status of the sign of lease only haha! But the grant status still remain the same. What about urs?

Same. The grant status no missing. Lets hope later we get good news lah. I sian already every morning check. Lol

haogui

Reaction score
I mean I have done selection, now waiting for grant results, if let say I wish to cancel, meaning I no need the grant, will I collect keys earlier?

Or I wait for appointment to collect keys, then go down and tell the officer that I don't want the grant.. Possible? Cause I feel rather stupid to pay back the interest (not low somemore) if I going to upgrade or downgrade in the future.. My grants mostly only approved at 20k only..

You are paying interest to your own OA, not hdb.
So long as you going to buy next house, this interest have no much meaning.

I. E. You took 20k grant 10 years ago. Interest 15k
When you sell, put back cash 35k into your OA.
When you buy your next property, this 35k draw out again for your next property.
In either way, this 15k have to go, just make 1 more step go in OA and come out. Cos gov doesn't want us taks the capital cash earning for super renovation
In next property and then ask hdb for higher loan again. Gov didn't take any cent for grant.
(don't confuse with Levy, that's another thing)

If you are in really urgent case, I heard hdb do help to expertise everything if you let them know. Inform your CRM to get him understanding.
If not in a hurry, wait for few months can get this free cash (take months or years to accumulate 20k in OA).... Why not?

Take note that some grant is only for first timer, you cant apply anymore in future. In Chinese it means no more this shop after you passed this village.

haogui

Reaction score
I done selection on 19 June 2018, till now now results, normal anot? I scare they forget about my file, hle expire mid Nov.. Abit scare, need to go though all the hassle to apply hle again, then option only last to 3months, mean by 18 sept option expired, will hdb take my option fee and say I fail to exercise my options? 1st timer with PR wife, abit scare..

Dont worry about the option fee. But HLE expire might be a good gate to help you secure the key by that. Some friends in this forum did shared that HLe expiry do help to expertise.. How I wish my HLe is expiring next week..... Hahaha...

viccom87

Reaction score
OK.. Noted.. Thanks.. No la actually I no rush.. Just wants to see inside.. Reno I planing to DIY, get aircon man to install air con, slowly get the carpentry to do up the dining and master bed room, the rest slowly buy slowly install still can stay at my parents house, my wife says can save money.. Haha..

LynR52

Reaction score
You are paying interest to your own OA, not hdb.
So long as you going to buy next house, this interest have no much meaning.

I. E. You took 20k grant 10 years ago. Interest 15k
When you sell, put back cash 35k into your OA.
When you buy your next property, this 35k draw out again for your next property.
In either way, this 15k have to go, just make 1 more step go in OA and come out. Cos gov doesn't want us taks the capital cash earning for super renovation
In next property and then ask hdb for higher loan again. Gov didn't take any cent for grant.
(don't confuse with Levy, that's another thing)

If you are in really urgent case, I heard hdb do help to expertise everything if you let them know. Inform your CRM to get him understanding.
If not in a hurry, wait for few months can get this free cash (take months or years to accumulate 20k in OA).... Why not?

Take note that some grant is only for first timer, you cant apply anymore in future. In Chinese it means no more this shop after you passed this village.

Harr...so confusing. I tot if u took grant, u will have to pay levy for ur nxt house? Thats what the officer told me during selection anyways.

I received grant 20k 15yrs ago. After sell house, tht 20k put back in my cpf. Now 10yrs later, i want to buy this sbf unit, all my cpf deduct... on top of tht need to pay levy 20k in cash. So in my point of view...hdb gave me 20k grant put in cpf. But when u buy ur nxt house. Hdb wants 20k back in cash. Tsk tsk. I wudnt mind them taking tht 20k grant back frm my cpf instead of asking me 20k in cash lei and then called it levy. Lol

LynR52

Reaction score
Dont worry about the option fee. But HLE expire might be a good gate to help you secure the key by that. Some friends in this forum did shared that HLe expiry do help to expertise.. How I wish my HLe is expiring next week..... Hahaha...

Dont think so lah. My HLE expiring 12th Aug. Still havent get any grant approval. 😅

zidmosby

Reaction score
OK.. Noted.. Thanks.. No la actually I no rush.. Just wants to see inside.. Reno I planing to DIY, get aircon man to install air con, slowly get the carpentry to do up the dining and master bed room, the rest slowly buy slowly install still can stay at my parents house, my wife says can save money.. Haha..

Ya, I also planning to do slowly. I don't want to commit out of rush then regret later on.

haogui

Reaction score
Harr...so confusing. I tot if u took grant, u will have to pay levy for ur nxt house? Thats what the officer told me during selection anyways.

I received grant 20k 15yrs ago. After sell house, tht 20k put back in my cpf. Now 10yrs later, i want to buy this sbf unit, all my cpf deduct... on top of tht need to pay levy 20k in cash. So in my point of view...hdb gave me 20k grant put in cpf. But when u buy ur nxt house. Hdb wants 20k back in cash. Tsk tsk. I wudnt mind them taking tht 20k grant back frm my cpf instead of asking me 20k in cash lei and then called it levy. Lol

Ya, your case explain clearly that interest and levy is 2 different things.
Levy is needed when you sell a subsidised house and buy another subsidised house.

Wherea grant is to help you for house purchase. If you sell it, you need to put it back with interest.

Whether you take grant or not, levy will still be needed as long as you meet the conditions.

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
Same. The grant status no missing. Lets hope later we get good news lah. I sian already every morning check. Lol

I iust check and still the same! So sian already. If want to call the crm like very annoying like that. Hahaha

Erinlmh

Reaction score
I iust check and still the same! So sian already. If want to call the crm like very annoying like that. Hahaha

I left 2 messages to my CRM liao, still no news from her. Called up grant department, say wanna check also never revert.:(

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
I left 2 messages to my CRM liao, still no news from her. Called up grant department, say wanna check also never revert.:(

May i know whats the number for grant department? I wanna try calling them up too! Thank you..

LynR52

Reaction score
Haha. Sorry to hear that.
Did you let your CRM know your HLe expiring?
Seem like it not working for everyone.

No. Didnt tell her my HLE expiring. LOL. Only say my son is starting school soon. I didnt want to call her again bcause everytime i call her, she asked me for another stupid unnecessary documents to submit. Lol

haogui

Reaction score
No. Didnt tell her my HLE expiring. LOL. Only say my son is starting school soon. I didnt want to call her again bcause everytime i call her, she asked me for another stupid unnecessary documents to submit. Lol

Lolz...
Initially I also quite hurry.
Now getting peace... Haha.. Just let it flow.

LynR52

Reaction score
Lolz...

Yup same. Initially wanted my son to start sch july. But nw im able to defer his school entry till sept. So its ok lah. Plus the thought of having to do HLE again, haiyahhh. Not forgetting all the electricals items tht is going to come 30th aug. My brain too tired to think already. Even if i rush them now...too late already lah. LOL

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Lolz...

got time go sign up those credit card with freebies:s12::s12:. since you are going to do reno soon.. sure alot of things needs to swipe.. must well get the free gift like luggage!! i just got a samsonite luggage from Maybank :s13::s13:

LynR52

Reaction score
got time go sign up those credit card with freebies:s12::s12:. since you are going to do reno soon.. sure alot of things needs to swipe.. must well get the free gift like luggage!! i just got a samsonite luggage from Maybank :s13::s13:

But take credit card might as well take personal loan right? Credit card i see the interest like quite high lei.

konoha

Reaction score
i got the number, should i apply HLE now since the appointment is during nov?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.