NS Down PES

fishessss

Junior Member
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can down pes if i have Osgood–Schlatter disease? It is a condition for the swelling of the knee area, a particular bone feels sore all the time and when i prone or hit it softly, it is painful.

Thanks
 

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,690
Reaction score
33
Can, but it takes time. How old are you?

I could only downgrade when I was 29 yrs old. You have to take X-Ray and get a specialist letter and then book a medical appt with an MO. After that, you have to get the MO to send you to the medical board. When you meet the board, which is 3 guys, one NS Colonel, 1 Regular Capt and Lt, you have to convince the Colonel how much distress OSD is causing you.
 

fishessss

Junior Member
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Can, but it takes time. How old are you?

I could only downgrade when I was 29 yrs old. You have to take X-Ray and get a specialist letter and then book a medical appt with an MO. After that, you have to get the MO to send you to the medical board. When you meet the board, which is 3 guys, one NS Colonel, 1 Regular Capt and Lt, you have to convince the Colonel how much distress OSD is causing you.

Hi thanks for the reply!

I'm 23 this year, went for my first ICT. But they are most probably posting me to a combat company. And i cant take it because every time i prone or run too much, there will be a sharp pain at that particular bone. I don't want to experience it man.

May i know how much the x-ray and checkups would cost?

Thanks!
 

andyjeewk

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
2,312
Reaction score
0
Last time tink OSD can downgrade. Nowadays quite hard liao.

Wat unit are u in? Rank?
 

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,690
Reaction score
33
Hi thanks for the reply!

I'm 23 this year, went for my first ICT. But they are most probably posting me to a combat company. And i cant take it because every time i prone or run too much, there will be a sharp pain at that particular bone. I don't want to experience it man.

May i know how much the x-ray and checkups would cost?

Thanks!

Not much, firstly, you need to go to a polyclinic to get the referral letter for a subsidized rate for the XRay and Specialist visit. Total about $40-$50, also it depends on the grade of the specialist, I just took the cheapest one but also took 3 tries before I could see medical board.
 

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
64,429
Reaction score
1,776
u might have to prepare for MRI done at your expense if the x-rays done by saf or your polyclinic doctor didnt warrant further examinations.

even then, yr MO might not recommend u for downgrade so u might have to request to be boarded.
if your MO refuses, dont argue. after outpro, call ns hotline (NOT the saf hotline) and request to be boarded in person.

probably take a few weeks.
 

starsaver

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
.
If had minor stroke in brain, got chance to downgrade?

u might have to prepare for MRI done at your expense if the x-rays done by saf or your polyclinic doctor didnt warrant further examinations.

even then, yr MO might not recommend u for downgrade so u might have to request to be boarded.
if your MO refuses, dont argue. after outpro, call ns hotline (NOT the saf hotline) and request to be boarded in person.

probably take a few weeks.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can down pes if i have Osgood–Schlatter disease? It is a condition for the swelling of the knee area, a particular bone feels sore all the time and when i prone or hit it softly, it is painful.

Thanks

Since you have OSD, what were you doing during your NSF days?
 

fishessss

Junior Member
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Since you have OSD, what were you doing during your NSF days?

Hi, i was an arty soldier in my 1st year, then tmep down pes in 2nd year cause of other reasons to become a clerk.

I didn't realise i have OSD until i asked my friend who is studying medicine why i have a bone thats always feels sore. I thought it was normal, until i asked all my friends and they said they didnt have it.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi, i was an arty soldier in my 1st year, then tmep down pes in 2nd year cause of other reasons to become a clerk.

I didn't realise i have OSD until i asked my friend who is studying medicine why i have a bone thats always feels sore. I thought it was normal, until i asked all my friends and they said they didnt have it.

oh.. Although OSD can be diagnosed clinically, but i dont think it is enough without a x-ray.

moreover, OSD occurs most commonly in adolescents going through puberty, or sportsmen engaging rough sports that requires strong quadriceps contraction.

Besides OSD, Sinding-Larsen Johansson syndrome (SLJS) also has similar clinical manifestations but different aetiology.

Why not visit a GP first to ask for some advices? I believe those experienced GPs are good at giving you advice, and they are less biased towards army. :)
 

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
32,714
Reaction score
78
I have OSD since young, shown in xray when im about 14 years old.

When i entered army last year the xray shows no signs of OSD.
Was pes BP, trained till almost pop then ooc due to accident.

During bmt i went to MO many times, the xray didnt show any OSD.

I went to SGH specialist through polyclinic , did xray and mri. They told me i have stress fracture, but another specialist said it is my OSD instead of fracture.

OSD lets me downgrade to c2l2
Stress fracture straight E9L9.
Both temp 6 months.
Still undergoing bone scan, doctor asking me to go operation but no money
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,286
Reaction score
5,867
I have OSD since young, shown in xray when im about 14 years old.

When i entered army last year the xray shows no signs of OSD.
Was pes BP, trained till almost pop then ooc due to accident.

During bmt i went to MO many times, the xray didnt show any OSD.

I went to SGH specialist through polyclinic , did xray and mri. They told me i have stress fracture, but another specialist said it is my OSD instead of fracture.

OSD lets me downgrade to c2l2
Stress fracture straight E9L9.
Both temp 6 months.
Still undergoing bone scan, doctor asking me to go operation but no money
R u still in NS?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top