NS Enlistment in Aug 2019

twh_9977

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Just received my enlistment letter last week. Will be enlisting in 14 Aug, 945am, BMTC. Just wondering if anyone got the same enlistment date as me?
 
Last edited:

Lee Jia Xin

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
0
Me enlisted on 9 November 2017. BMTC School 3, Pulau Tekong. Bravo coy. Using Taurus coy building. Cookhouse usually at cookhouse 2 (the one next to school 3), sometimes at cookhouse 3 (the one next to Pulau Tekong medical centre). The most memorable 4 months of the 24 months of my National Service journey.

Then after that I got posted to Armour, at Sungei Gedong Camp. Re-posted actually, because my BMT was with 1guards.

Unit life is so specialised. Armour in particular is not the same as Infantry. Everyday do about the same thing. But a lot more welfare and admin time. :)

3 more months to ORD. Woots. :D
 
Last edited:

Lee Jia Xin

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
0
Tips for incoming NSFs, from outgoing NSF (3 more months to ORD)

1. Wet wipes, use the $1 baby looney toons wet wipes, available at most valudollar stores. Eg. Jurong Point. But I must say, not every valudollar store have. This wet wipes is a favourite among NSFs.

2. Mobile phone data. That time I was using only 6.5gb. BMT time still can survive with 6.5gb, because most of the time outside. But after BMT, when I'm posted to unit, I find that my data always burst. 15gb is okay if you use conservatively. But, for heavy users like me, 30gb is advisable. Which, lucky for you, m1 now got 30gb for $25.

The rest, ask your Sergeants.
 

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
Me enlisted on 9 November 2017. BMTC School 3, Pulau Tekong. Bravo coy. Using Taurus coy building. Cookhouse usually at cookhouse 2 (the one next to school 3), sometimes at cookhouse 3 (the one next to Pulau Tekong medical centre). The most memorable 4 months of the 24 months of my National Service journey.

Then after that I got posted to Armour, at Sungei Gedong Camp. Re-posted actually, because my BMT was with 1guards.

Unit life is so specialised. Armour in particular is not the same as Infantry. Everyday do about the same thing. But a lot more welfare and admin time. :)

3 more months to ORD. Woots. :D

no worry... after few yrs...

get ready for the related NS activities... yearly will have some sms to remind u ones...
 

green72

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
681
Hi all,

Just received my enlistment letter last week. Will be enlisting in 14 Aug, 945am, BMTC. Just wondering if anyone got the same enlistment date as me?
TS ask this, why hijack his post talk cock ah?

Why need to tell your NS liability status? I also long ago MR but this info not answering his question.
 
Last edited:

Lee Jia Xin

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
0
Oh ya. Another thing is, the enlistee very first allowance is given on the day when they book out for the first time, after their two weeks of confinement.

Allowance is for the one month ahead.

And the first allowance, and probably the last allowance also, is prorated.

So, for the thread starter (TS), his enlistment is on 14 August, his first allowance is for the period from 14 August to 9 September.

The subsequent allowance is on the 10th of every month.
 

green72

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
681
Oh ya. Another thing is, the enlistee very first allowance is given on the day when they book out for the first time, after their two weeks of confinement.

Allowance is for the one month ahead.

And the first allowance, and probably the last allowance also, is prorated.

So, for the thread starter (TS), his enlistment is on 14 August, his first allowance is for the period from 14 August to 9 September.

The subsequent allowance is on the 10th of every month.
His 1st bookout will be on 30th Aug.

So, if what I understand, his 1st pay on 10 Sept is for 14 Aug to 9 Sept?
 

Lee Jia Xin

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
0
I'm speaking from my experience. Maybe during your time not like that. But during my time, it was like that.

As always, the thread starter can ask his Sergeants about it.
 

green72

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
681
I'm speaking from my experience. Maybe during your time not like that. But during my time, it was like that.

As always, the thread starter can ask his Sergeants about it.
Can't remember my time, too long ago. Ha..ha..ha.

And yes, TS commanders can give him a more accurate info. I believe he maybe in the same batch as my son. Also enlisted ytd.
 

matey1982

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
64,586
Reaction score
14,919
Me enlisted on 9 November 2017. BMTC School 3, Pulau Tekong. Bravo coy. Using Taurus coy building. Cookhouse usually at cookhouse 2 (the one next to school 3), sometimes at cookhouse 3 (the one next to Pulau Tekong medical centre). The most memorable 4 months of the 24 months of my National Service journey.

Then after that I got posted to Armour, at Sungei Gedong Camp. Re-posted actually, because my BMT was with 1guards.

Unit life is so specialised. Armour in particular is not the same as Infantry. Everyday do about the same thing. But a lot more welfare and admin time. :)

3 more months to ORD. Woots. :D

your answer irrelevant to his question
next!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I'm speaking from my experience. Maybe during your time not like that. But during my time, it was like that.

As always, the thread starter can ask his Sergeants about it.
Maybe your first book out coincide with the regular pay day.
 

Lee Jia Xin

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
0
Prorated value, probably from my first bookout on 24 November 2017 to 9 December 2017, before I begin drawing my allowance on the regular date on the 10th of every month.

15/30 × 560 = 280

Around there. Minus off the 0.2 for Pioneer magazine and 0.2 for NSmen magazine, I think the amount is 279.6

Similarly, when I approach my last allowance, for the period from 10 October to 8 November, I believe it will be slightly prorated, as the allowance would be for 29 days, instead of the usual 30 days.

Reason is because by enlisting, I am officially part of them already, so of course the first allowance would be given on the day when I book out for the first time, so that I got money to spend, and not have to survive on my own until the 10th of the next month, which is 15 days on my own.
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Prorated value, probably from my first bookout on 24 November 2017 to 9 December 2017, before I begin drawing my allowance on the regular date on the 10th of every month.

15/30 × 560 = 280

Around there. Minus off the 0.2 for Pioneer magazine and 0.2 for NSmen magazine, I think the amount is 279.6

Similarly, when I approach my last allowance, for the period from 10 October to 8 November, I believe it will be slightly prorated, as the allowance would be for 29 days, instead of the usual 30 days.

Reason is because by enlisting, I am officially part of them already, so of course the first allowance would be given on the day when I book out for the first time, so that I got money to spend, and not have to survive on my own until the 10th of the next month, which is 15 days on my own.
Think you think too much. Ur first book out just coincided with the regular pay date.
 

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
I believe payday for SAF regulars and NSMen are fixed on the 10th of each month, unless 10th is a public holiday in which the money will be deposited on the 9th. It has been like that since a long time ago, even during my time in 1987.

Anybody here has a different experience (ie got their pay other than on the 9th or 10th)?
 

Lee Jia Xin

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
0
So, those who posted their enlistment dates, what's your worries about National Service?

Otherwise what's the purpose of creating this thread?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top