NS Enlistment In May 2019

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. Just received my enlistment letter from MINDEF and I am enlisting on 10 May 2019. Hmm just want to post a thread to see if any other guys are enlisting on the same date on me or around May as well. FYI, I failed my IPPT because my fitness sucks. I hope the 5 months BMT will help me to become fitter afterwards. Haha.

To all who have completed NS or still serving NS, can you please enlighten me on what items to bring into Tekong? LOL. I am really clueless.. Thanks in advance!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hi guys. Just received my enlistment letter from MINDEF and I am enlisting on 10 May 2019. Hmm just want to post a thread to see if any other guys are enlisting on the same date on me or around May as well. FYI, I failed my IPPT because my fitness sucks. I hope the 5 months BMT will help me to become fitter afterwards. Haha.

To all who have completed NS or still serving NS, can you please enlighten me on what items to bring into Tekong? LOL. I am really clueless.. Thanks in advance!
the enlistment letter never say what items to bring?
 

Food_Lover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2014
Messages
13,974
Reaction score
4,630
I will be due to graduate from Polytechnic this upcoming May.

I failed my IPPT and definitely would be thrown to PTP batch. However, I have yet to receive any enlistment letter for now. My milestone on ns.sg doesn't show i got posted to anywhere.

I'm not sure why, but may i ask if your Poly graduation ceremony is earlier than 10 May or your birth month is Jan or Feb?
 
Last edited:

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Hi guys. Just received my enlistment letter from MINDEF and I am enlisting on 10 May 2019. Hmm just want to post a thread to see if any other guys are enlisting on the same date on me or around May as well. FYI, I failed my IPPT because my fitness sucks. I hope the 5 months BMT will help me to become fitter afterwards. Haha.

To all who have completed NS or still serving NS, can you please enlighten me on what items to bring into Tekong? LOL. I am really clueless.. Thanks in advance!

My son just completed his BMT in March. Here's what he brought on enlistment day:

Toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, soap, shampoo, etc.
A few rolls of toilet papers (heard always run out of toilet paper)
A cheap watch (the sergeant will ask you to change your watch if he deems it expensive), alarm clock (optional)
Enough mobile charger (you won't be able to charge your phone using AC in camp, so bring enough mobile charger as there will be a confinement for the first two weekends)
Marker (to write your name on your belonging)
Soap powder / washing detergent (you will have to wash your clothes almost every day)
Underwear
Some money (to buy ziplock bags, etc)

Almost everything else you need will be issued on the first day
 

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
I will be due to graduate from Polytechnic this upcoming May.

I failed my IPPT and definitely would be thrown to PTP batch. However, I have yet to receive any enlistment letter for now. My milestone on ns.sg doesn't show i got posted to anywhere.

I'm not sure why, but may i ask if your Poly graduation ceremony is earlier than 10 May or your birth month is Jan or Feb?
Hello I am born in November and I am graduating on 9 May. I saw the letter was mailed out on 22 March. I guess you will have to wait for a few days to see if you get your letter. I heard one of my classmates will be enlisting on 11 May as well and he got his letter. So dont worry MINDEF wont forget about us haha keep each other updated alright!
 
Last edited:

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
My son just completed his BMT in March. Here's what he brought on enlistment day:

Toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, soap, shampoo, etc.
A few rolls of toilet papers (heard always run out of toilet paper)
A cheap watch (the sergeant will ask you to change your watch if he deems it expensive), alarm clock (optional)
Enough mobile charger (you won't be able to charge your phone using AC in camp, so bring enough mobile charger as there will be a confinement for the first two weekends)
Marker (to write your name on your belonging)
Soap powder / washing detergent (you will have to wash your clothes almost every day)
Underwear
Some money (to buy ziplock bags, etc)

Almost everything else you need will be issued on the first day

Thank you so much! These are the stuffs that are going into my checklist haha xiexie
 

itzdamnhot

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Just follow the checklist given in the letter you should be safe. Bring more toilet paper if you think you use a lot to clean your down there (they do provide 1-2 rolls but save that for your 10 packs later). Bring enough portable charger cause after dinner high chance play phone in bunk till lights out (for PTP phase, BMT phase more busier). Bring a lot of hanger to hang your clothes. Bring fabreeze to spray on your smelly clothes (mixed feelings cause some people hate/like it).

Have fun during PTP phase cause it is just PTs both in the morning and afternoon.
 

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
7,440
Reaction score
1
Hi guys. Just received my enlistment letter from MINDEF and I am enlisting on 10 May 2019. Hmm just want to post a thread to see if any other guys are enlisting on the same date on me or around May as well. FYI, I failed my IPPT because my fitness sucks. I hope the 5 months BMT will help me to become fitter afterwards. Haha.

To all who have completed NS or still serving NS, can you please enlighten me on what items to bring into Tekong? LOL. I am really clueless.. Thanks in advance!

I still remember the most important thing someone from this forum told me to bring when I went for my BMT.

Hangers and Pegs

Pegs!!! Very important

Coins.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
21,980
Reaction score
11,556
Pretty much what the previous posters mentioned, plus a few rolls of black electrical tape. Not sure if they'd make you tape up loose bag straps nowadays. If still the case, you'll see yourself going through 2 rolls in BMT easily.

And bring how many power banks you think you need to last the initial confinement period. Wall plugs not allowed! (Not sure again if they've changed this)

Also, I'd advise against Febreeze on your sweaty clothes. Will make them stinkier and also leave some residue on the clothes which you'll feel very gaowei when wearing. Bring extra undies in case you lazy wash, no time wash or got stolen. 7 is a good number.

Don't bring too large a bag/pack on enlistment day. You'll have to stow it into your field pack upon first bookout, together with all the barang-barang you can't keep/use in camp.

Oh and leave your intelligent brain at home. Once in camp, just do as they say no matter how stupid it is, unless it endangers any life. Wearing helmet also takes 50pts away from your IQ. Other than that, enjoy! :s13:
 
Last edited:

mrmmme

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2015
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Im also enlisting to SAF BMTC on 10 May, did you receive the envelope with the white letter and a red letter? Is that the only envelope you receive from them?
 

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Im also enlisting to SAF BMTC on 10 May, did you receive the envelope with the white letter and a red letter? Is that the only envelope you receive from them?

Yes! Thats the only letter i received. Didnt see any checklist maybe MINDEF wanna save paper lol but you fail your IPPT as well? When is your birthday though? I was quite shocked to receive my letter now given my birthday is in Nov.
 
Last edited:

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Just follow the checklist given in the letter you should be safe. Bring more toilet paper if you think you use a lot to clean your down there (they do provide 1-2 rolls but save that for your 10 packs later). Bring enough portable charger cause after dinner high chance play phone in bunk till lights out (for PTP phase, BMT phase more busier). Bring a lot of hanger to hang your clothes. Bring fabreeze to spray on your smelly clothes (mixed feelings cause some people hate/like it).

Have fun during PTP phase cause it is just PTs both in the morning and afternoon.
Haha thanks! For sure i will bring more portable charger haha
 

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Pretty much what the previous posters mentioned, plus a few rolls of black electrical tape. Not sure if they'd make you tape up loose bag straps nowadays. If still the case, you'll see yourself going through 2 rolls in BMT easily.

And bring how many power banks you think you need to last the initial confinement period. Wall plugs not allowed! (Not sure again if they've changed this)

Also, I'd advise against Febreeze on your sweaty clothes. Will make them stinkier and also leave some residue on the clothes which you'll feel very gaowei when wearing. Bring extra undies in case you lazy wash, no time wash or got stolen. 7 is a good number.

Don't bring too large a bag/pack on enlistment day. You'll have to stow it into your field pack upon first bookout, together with all the barang-barang you can't keep/use in camp.

Oh and leave your intelligent brain at home. Once in camp, just do as they say no matter how stupid it is, unless it endangers any life. Wearing helmet also takes 50pts away from your IQ. Other than that, enjoy! :s13:
I see. I will bring some tape inside in case it is needed haha.

Thanks for the advice haha will definitely follow their instructions unless it is life-threatening or what.
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I see. I will bring some tape inside in case it is needed haha.

Thanks for the advice haha just follow their instructions unless it is life-threatening or what. LOL time to screenshot what Minister Ng said during parliament
u following their instructions meh? enlistment notice got say what to bring?
 

mrmmme

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2015
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Yes! Thats the only letter i received. Didnt see any checklist maybe MINDEF wanna save paper lol but you fail your IPPT as well? When is your birthday though? I was quite shocked to receive my letter now given my birthday is in Nov.

Ya, I failed my IPPT also. My birthday is on 10 March, I wonder why ur enlistment so early when ur birthday on Nov, lol
 

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Ya, I failed my IPPT also. My birthday is on 10 March, I wonder why ur enlistment so early when ur birthday on Nov, lol

Maybe because I was born in 1998 lol u born in 1999? So I am considered "early" as compared to the rest of the batch haha
 

hengheng98

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Oh this thread seems to be abit low on the page let me push it up abit. Haha

Hi is anyone enlisting on 10 May 10.45am? I will be in the PTP batch. Feeling slightly nervous lol.. Any ptp seniors can provide any advices/things to note?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top