Arrgggh unfortunately I saw TS post too late.
I had been to Australia a number of times now and always thought campervan might be an interesting option but thought it was mostly the locals who do such trips. I had this impression because I frequently stay at Big4 accom in Australia and realised that most visitors there stay on their campervans rather than in the chalet/rooms. Too bad I had already booked my hotels for another trip next month so its too late to cancel without incurring hefty charges.
Anyway I intend to visit Sydney next year so this could be an option. I have to convince my wife as I think she will not be happy if i tell her the campervan does not come with shower/toilet given the drawbacks that you have mentioned here.
For me, I am only worried about the maneuverability since a van can be quite clumsy (i drive a big SUV but i think its still far from the campervan).
Anyway thanks TS. Great to see Singaporeans who are getting more and more adventurous in their travels.
I had been to Australia a number of times now and always thought campervan might be an interesting option but thought it was mostly the locals who do such trips. I had this impression because I frequently stay at Big4 accom in Australia and realised that most visitors there stay on their campervans rather than in the chalet/rooms. Too bad I had already booked my hotels for another trip next month so its too late to cancel without incurring hefty charges.
Anyway I intend to visit Sydney next year so this could be an option. I have to convince my wife as I think she will not be happy if i tell her the campervan does not come with shower/toilet given the drawbacks that you have mentioned here.
For me, I am only worried about the maneuverability since a van can be quite clumsy (i drive a big SUV but i think its still far from the campervan).
Anyway thanks TS. Great to see Singaporeans who are getting more and more adventurous in their travels.
