NTUC INcome new clauses

Retribution

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
I just read Incomes new benefits clauses, " The benefit only pay for reasonable expenses for necessary medical treatment for the insured in the policy year.

This seems vague. Who decides what is reasonable expenses and necessary medical treatment? The insurance company?

This seems to give the insurance company to reject any claims as they see fit.

Am I misunderstanding this?
 

soneat

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
318
I think the terminology is not new. They have been using such wordings. From what I recall . . medically necessary - as determined by doctor to be necessary (and not elective).
 

Retribution

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
I think the terminology is not new. They have been using such wordings. From what I recall . . medically necessary - as determined by doctor to be necessary (and not elective).

Thanks Soneat, I read further and it spells out how to do the mitigation if there is a difference of opinion as well.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top