NUS BTech Experience

Swisspers

Reaction score
Any past/current students of NUS BTech care to share their experiences?
How hard is it to cope with the syllabus?

Swisspers

Reaction score
I see... Thank you for sharing

Are you able to juggle between your job and studies?

Trendnet18

Reaction score
I see... Thank you for sharing

Are you able to juggle between your job and studies?
how many lessons are there per subject in a week ? I heard there is 1 lab and 1 lecture. Admin services giving me conflicting stories.

b0ring

Reaction score
You definitely have to sacrifice some stuff. Be it work, study result, friendship, entertainment time or sleep. 1 semester is 3 module, which could have as many as 4 days of 3 hours classes per week. This exclude additional time required to do your assignment, homework, group project, revision for exam etc. Rinse and repeat this for 4 years. Syllabus wise is not easy, and out of my year 1 sem 1 group mates of 5, currently all of drop out and I am struggling to hang on. I failed 1 module in year 1 sem 2 and it is a prerequiste thus I am unable to take other modules. Thus I have to wait 1 year to retake that module and hopefully i pass after i retake and then i can continue the recommended schedule pathway to take further on modules. Good luck!

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You definitely have to sacrifice some stuff. Be it work, study result, friendship, entertainment time or sleep. 1 semester is 3 module, which could have as many as 4 days of 3 hours classes per week. This exclude additional time required to do your assignment, homework, group project, revision for exam etc. Rinse and repeat this for 4 years. Syllabus wise is not easy, and out of my year 1 sem 1 group mates of 5, currently all of drop out and I am struggling to hang on. I failed 1 module in year 1 sem 2 and it is a prerequiste thus I am unable to take other modules. Thus I have to wait 1 year to retake that module and hopefully i pass after i retake and then i can continue the recommended schedule pathway to take further on modules. Good luck!
Are you currently employed ?

ohnonon0

Reaction score
Yes i am employed. And to study btech, the requirements by nus is that you have to have a full time employment.
Hello, may I know what programme are u in? What was ur cgpa and whether u had to take any entrance exams?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.