Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got the non-pro version too last year....slipped in a 128gb sdcard but barely used it....since most media nowadays just either streaming or access via my NAS...

so really, a media center with huge local storage is pretty much pointless (IMO).

Unless you are planning to use it to play android / geforce now games such as Half Life 2 etc...even then, the experience is not as great using the joypad. I hae 2 joypads (1 from Shield tablet) and they are just sitting in the living room collecting dust...lol.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new shield tv available for pre -order at amazon.com
was thinking iof getting it but since there is not much difference, scrapped the idea lol

for the benefit of ppl thinking of getting a set here is a review

https://recombu.com/digital/article/nvidia-shield-tv-2017-new-vs-original-specs-update-uk#
the only difference between old and new is that the new one (non-pro version) is smaller...and comes with the new controller...that's all..

the internal of new shield is still same as the old one and all the features they announced for the new shield tv will also be available to the old one via an update.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Nvidia shield TV can view 1080p 60fps videos easily in a web browser like Chrome or do you have to root etc.? I know about KODI but sometimes the source doesn't always work and video will only play on a web browser so at least there's a back up if it went down.
there's always VLC...which is on android tv too...

this is the first time i've heard of such a thing that video 'can only be viewed' on a browser.......

are you talking about local media or streaming media? What's the codec of the video you are talking about?

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Shield has not been updated with anything except size, the internals are still the same from what I read.

Apparently the new Nintendo Switch uses the shield series of chips, perhaps the hiatus was to ramp up production for Nintendo and thus slowing down on developing the Shield TV, I know for a period, the Shield TV was out of stock in Amazon.

nivlac9

Reaction score
2 questions

1) there seems to be some lag between audio n video. NVTV connected direct to TV, TV loop back audio to AVR. anyone know how to sync it?

2) NVTV always auto boot up every time I switch on the power. Anyway to remove the auto boot up.

psiblade84

Reaction score
Thinking of buying it just for the fact that it appears to be the only android tv box capable of playing Netflix HD currently. Or is there any other android tv box with Netflix HD that I should consider?

What about warranty and technical support in Singapore for this device? Is there any?

lunarsong

Reaction score
Thinking of buying it just for the fact that it appears to be the only android tv box capable of playing Netflix HD currently. Or is there any other android tv box with Netflix HD that I should consider?

What about warranty and technical support in Singapore for this device? Is there any?

if you buy from Amazon, there will not be warranty and support in Singapore.

There are a few sellers on qoo10, they may provide but i believe it's not by Nvidia

D.N.K.

Reaction score
2 questions

1) there seems to be some lag between audio n video. NVTV connected direct to TV, TV loop back audio to AVR. anyone know how to sync it?

2) NVTV always auto boot up every time I switch on the power. Anyway to remove the auto boot up.

Go to settings HDMI you will find an option to sync audio and video. Nvtv is supposed to stay on standby just like your TV. You can maybe disable HDMI cec control in your TV I keep it on as it allows me to control nvidia shield using my TV remote

nivlac9

Reaction score
Thanks DNK. Tried this but still out of sync. 😓

Go to settings HDMI you will find an option to sync audio and video. Nvtv is supposed to stay on standby just like your TV. You can maybe disable HDMI cec control in your TV I keep it on as it allows me to control nvidia shield using my TV remote

hsm1user

Reaction score
Just ordered the newest 2017 version from Amazon, free shipping. Just curious, other than KODI, can other apks be installed just like those Xiaomi mibox and other Android boxes in sim lim

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qoo10 sellers provide support? :s22:
if you buy from Amazon, there will not be warranty and support in Singapore.

There are a few sellers on qoo10, they may provide but i believe it's not by Nvidia

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the newest 2017 version from Amazon, free shipping. Just curious, other than KODI, can other apks be installed just like those Xiaomi mibox and other Android boxes in sim lim
yes.....................

mengkian

Reaction score

Netflix 4K & YouTube 4K are enough to entertain me whole day.i brought mine from Amazon 1yr ago. Must buy the remote control, it makes the navigation sleek n smooth.

nivlac9

Reaction score
Yeah agree the remote is easier to navigate than the controller.

Netflix 4K & YouTube 4K are enough to entertain me whole day.i brought mine from Amazon 1yr ago. Must buy the remote control, it makes the navigation sleek n smooth.

lunarsong

Reaction score
Anyone use it for gaming? Seems like an interesting option for casual gaming

don't have alot of games to play with and they are usually paid ones.

you are better off buying a PS4 if u want to game with

skpuppy

Reaction score
don't have alot of games to play with and they are usually paid ones.

you are better off buying a PS4 if u want to game with

Isn't this thing build for both home entertainment + gaming?

sob80sup81

Reaction score

Hi, care to share from which seller are you ordering it from? Tried finding one in Amazon only to find that none of the seller i came across ship to Singapore.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.