Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think that Nvidia Shield TV is that hot...
Only IT folks can appreciate it...
Most people will just buy Apple TV and paid subscriptions...

It's a failed product actually. Google playstore is broken cause Android TV only can install limited apps. Chrome is also not a standard app. Sideloaded apps need a different launcher. Better off getting a normal android box.

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea I decided against a Shield in the end.

Went with a Minix U9-H flashed to run LibreElec. Cheapest option while waiting for something that can properly support UHD HDR in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos with reasonable storage.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a failed product actually. Google playstore is broken cause Android TV only can install limited apps. Chrome is also not a standard app. Sideloaded apps need a different launcher. Better off getting a normal android box.
it's a 'failed' products for pirates that just want to get free streams without paying alright......

you want your 'successful' pirates, tiong land designed products is just right around the corner.

in b4 you said something stupid like 'why pay when you can get it for free?'

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
It's actually not illegitimate to want access to the full Google PlayStore on the Shield. Quite a few apps in there that the Shield can easily run or which customers can use: Chrome being a really good example.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's a 'failed' products for pirates that just want to get free streams without paying alright......

you want your 'successful' pirates, tiong land designed products is just right around the corner.

in b4 you said something stupid like 'why pay when you can get it for free?'

lol exactly.
and most limitations have work arounds

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's actually not illegitimate to want access to the full Google PlayStore on the Shield. Quite a few apps in there that the Shield can easily run or which customers can use: Chrome being a really good example.
you can install install those apks with unknown source option checked. Those apps are not optimised for TV screen anyways so the experience will not be good so you might as well just chromecast those.

I don't know any Media box at the moment that can be more powerful than a shield tv with Kodi/Plex. Even the latest Apple TV isn't.

Obviously, scums that dislike paying for content and like to leech artist by pirating stuff will disagree with me but why do i care about the opinions of scums.

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
you can install install those apks with unknown source option checked. Those apps are not optimised for TV screen anyways so the experience will not be good so you might as well just chromecast those.

I don't know any Media box at the moment that can be more powerful than a shield tv with Kodi/Plex. Even the latest Apple TV isn't.

Obviously, scums that dislike paying for content and like to leech artist by pirating stuff will disagree with me but why do i care about the opinions of scums.
Power is one thing but compatibility is another.

Shield's software implementation has issues with Atmos pass-through and upscaling.

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Isn't Kodi pirate? :s8:

You dun know say so lah I tell you. Here http://en.egreatworld.com/egreat-a10-4k-uhd-hdr-blu-ray-navigation-hdd-media-player.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.