ocbc 360 account

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Hi dork32,


What I am trying to say is that from my point of view in terms of ROI, I will only get 0.5%. The other 0.5% earned by my wife is totally hers. Although we do have joint accounts, but we keep our personal finance separate too.

so if you say and your wife keep separate accounts. i would assume the 120k is shared between you and your wife equally. so you have 60k and she has 60k. your 60k earns 600 a year and her 60k earns 600 a year. you earn 1%, she earns 1%. both of you do not earn 0.5%. or total your 120k earns 1200, it is still 1%
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Hi, please don't be trigger-happy in shooting me... You should have gotten your facts right first to avoid misguiding other ppl. CIMB fast saver only gives 1% for the 1st 50K. Any amount exceeding that only gives 0.6%.

And to correct your 2nd statement, I have no issue with letting my wife earn interest from my spare cash. All I am aiming is to maximise the amount of interest that I can squeeze out from our hard earned money.

you are right on fast saver. i blur and stupid. the reason is i dont use fast saver. i have isavy and esaver because it is much higher than fast saver.

and if fastsaver gives lousy rates above 50k, you open 1 account, your wife open 1 account. your 120k will be earning closer to 1% than 0.6%

you are right that we must maximize our interest. to do that we must be able to do maths and evaluate our returns so that we can choose the best option. people zoosh, trazora and myself try to optimize like mad.

ps. i also argued with zoosh before. so i dont think he likes me.
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Why are people still discussing how to maximize return from OCBC 360, when there is superior alternative out there?

The enlightened ones should know what I meant.

Hint : BoC :D

yes there is boc smartsaver, there is also the save up account. 360 is definitely not the best option around.

but ocbc does have its advantages. it is not i buay song tiong or dont like najib. ocbc has many branches and atms all over the place. it is more convenient.

i also have uob1. like ocbc, uob also have many branches and atm.
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
No worries lah bro... don't call yourself stupid. Everyone will missed out something, somewhere, some day. :)

you are right on fast saver. i blur and stupid. the reason is i dont use fast saver. i have isavy and esaver because it is much higher than fast saver.

and if fastsaver gives lousy rates above 50k, you open 1 account, your wife open 1 account. your 120k will be earning closer to 1% than 0.6%

you are right that we must maximize our interest. to do that we must be able to do maths and evaluate our returns so that we can choose the best option. people zoosh, trazora and myself try to optimize like mad.

ps. i also argued with zoosh before. so i dont think he likes me.
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,170
Reaction score
18,862
yes there is boc smartsaver, there is also the save up account. 360 is definitely not the best option around.

I'm hesistant too cos boc internet banking must install a spy software in order to access
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
No leh. I only optimise normally. Only save money enough to go market 買菜. Where got like mad :(:(:(



Got meh? How come I dun lemember? I where got no like u

the way you write and calculate, i know you got some standard one. maybe to you is relax relax. to other people it is quite a lot of effort already.

you do transfer your cash here and there to earn more. some people really do find this process very troublesome.
 

hogrider88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2014
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
0
I'm hesistant too cos boc internet banking must install a spy software in order to access

same. boc ibank i use till vomit blood. thats why i stick to 2 ocbc360 acct + maybank saveup.. until i save further ltr then think.

well, some of us r ok with scrutiny as long we learn something out of the argument/debate, it is wad we r here for.

anyway i think been awhile u r active zoossh!
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,170
Reaction score
18,862
I just did a search and realise UOB HYA refers to High Yield Account under their privilege banking. This is definitely out of my league as I certainly don't have 350K in spare cash. heh.

I guess I have to settle for CIMB as my best alternative then.

Why not esaver? Just switch once every 2months. If more than 200k no fall below. If not just maintain 1k as base. Rate is not bad from at least 1.2-1.4 and historically up to 1.68
 

IamBeeP

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Which means if I had accounts from long time ago but I had never use dash, no point to read further loh

Can ask your co to open new dash easy or joint dash easy account.
But .......... (I hope no 2nd case here about 2% become 1%) 🤑
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
Anyone recently tried opening CIMB fast saver account online? I tried but it says "server is unavailable" at the last step. WTH man... Doesn't give me a good first impression.
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
which idiot puts money in bank that earns 0% for 6 months? can you tell me the bank's name? khong guan?

your wife earn interest is also your family's money.

Haha... just for sharing... 1 bank actually start charging negative interest rates for deposit in certain currency. Those affected might really put their money in khong guan tins. :s13:
 

jazzman80

Master Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
4,787
Reaction score
0
Why are people still discussing how to maximize return from OCBC 360, when there is superior alternative out there?

The enlightened ones should know what I meant.

Hint : BoC :D

BoC rejected my application of opening a savings account, what's the next best alternative? May bank?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top