OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I bought my clothes from H&M online but wasn't awarded the bonus dollars. Please advice. H&M is listed as one of the eligible example.

Hi kwokwing,

Please share with us your mobile number via PM.
We will check on this, and call to further assist.

^DG

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi OCBC think some time last year u mentioned will be making some changes to this card... Did that happen?

scrumple

Reaction score
Hi,

If I’m looking to spend 5-10k at Parisilk via Favepay (due to the current CNY 8.88% promotion), would this be eligible for 10x reward points? Will sign up for the card if so.

Thanks!

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I’m looking to spend 5-10k at Parisilk via Favepay (due to the current CNY 8.88% promotion), would this be eligible for 10x reward points? Will sign up for the card if so.

Thanks!

if i were you, i will buy 1 very cheap item in Parisilk (e.g. AAA battery) and call OCBC to check the MCC if it falls under the list of eligible MCC for 10X b4 i make the big purchase.

scrumple

Reaction score
if i were you, i will buy 1 very cheap item in Parisilk (e.g. AAA battery) and call OCBC to check the MCC if it falls under the list of eligible MCC for 10X b4 i make the big purchase.

I think Parisilk MCC does normally fall under the eligible MCC, but I'm not sure if paying through Favepay would make a difference. IIRC the Favepay 8.88% promo only applies to certain categories ("Televisions, Soundbars, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Dryers, Dishwashers, Wine Chillers, Hobs, Hoods, Built-in Ovens, Ceiling Fans"), which are all big ticket items.

Last edited:

TerryPower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i remember the ocbc staffs (DG or XF) mentioned favepay no 10x because the description of item purchased is favepay and will not include the original store's name

i may remember wrongly so do wait for ocbc's reply

Trent_83

Reaction score
Based on the rewards conversion of 3600 ocbc $ to $10 rebate, can I work out that spending rebates is equivalent to around 2.7%?

Wanna seek experts views here 😅

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
I think Parisilk MCC does normally fall under the eligible MCC, but I'm not sure if paying through Favepay would make a difference. IIRC the Favepay 8.88% promo only applies to certain categories ("Televisions, Soundbars, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Dryers, Dishwashers, Wine Chillers, Hobs, Hoods, Built-in Ovens, Ceiling Fans"), which are all big ticket items.[/QUOTE

Like I said. Try small favepay amount at Parisilk. That's the only way to find out what mcc under favepay. Else u can forgo this.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi scrumple,

It will depend on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

We will only be able to check a merchant's MCC after the purchase is charged to the card. Seeking your kind understanding on this, thank you.

^XF

scrumple

Reaction score
Hi scrumple,

It will depend on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

We will only be able to check a merchant's MCC after the purchase is charged to the card. Seeking your kind understanding on this, thank you.

^XF

Thanks! Would the same also apply to, for example, a purchase on Amazon.de?

Assault

Master Member
Reaction score
I've got one of these OCBC Titanium cards, pretty much unused all these years since I've got other cards to use my spending on.

Recently as the annual fee nears for this card, I started taking it out to use.. especially since I do go to the shops listed as Bonus OCBC$ from time to time.

In December I used the card once at Mustafa, and once at Ikea. However, by March, I still hadn't received the Bonus OCBC$ yet. Strange, right?

It's not much but I was planning to use the card at Courts, since I need to buy some appliances for my house reno later this month.

I called the OCBC hotline (very free at home nowadays, why not..) and they took down my inquiry, and promised to call me back later.

A few days later, someone from OCBC called me back, and said my transactions were not eligible for the Bonus OCBC$. I said, uh what? Your own website says that Mustafa and Ikea are among the eligible merchants..

He went to surf the site himself, and he also said... oh yah... I also don't understand! Why ah? This is a bank staff talking here!

He then said he would go on to check further and call me back again.. still waiting for this call.

Why OCBC want to jiak our bonus points ah? Don't use the card, will force you to pay annual fee. Use the card, don't issue the rewards as promised. What should we do? :s22:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just cancel all the credit cards, bank accounts and brokerage account that you’ve with OCBC.

It’s a ****** up bank ffs.

Don’t waste your time with it.

Trust me.

:)

I've got one of these OCBC Titanium cards, pretty much unused all these years since I've got other cards to use my spending on.

Recently as the annual fee nears for this card, I started taking it out to use.. especially since I do go to the shops listed as Bonus OCBC$ from time to time.

In December I used the card once at Mustafa, and once at Ikea. However, by March, I still hadn't received the Bonus OCBC$ yet. Strange, right?

It's not much but I was planning to use the card at Courts, since I need to buy some appliances for my house reno later this month.

I called the OCBC hotline (very free at home nowadays, why not..) and they took down my inquiry, and promised to call me back later.

A few days later, someone from OCBC called me back, and said my transactions were not eligible for the Bonus OCBC$. I said, uh what? Your own website says that Mustafa and Ikea are among the eligible merchants..

He went to surf the site himself, and he also said... oh yah... I also don't understand! Why ah? This is a bank staff talking here!

He then said he would go on to check further and call me back again.. still waiting for this call.

Why OCBC want to jiak our bonus points ah? Don't use the card, will force you to pay annual fee. Use the card, don't issue the rewards as promised. What should we do? :s22:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi Assault,

We are sorry to learn of your experience.
Mustafa, Ikea, and Courts are eligible merchants for the bonus OCBC$.

Could you share with us your mobile number via PM?
We would like to look into the matter.

^DG

Assault

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Assault,

We are sorry to learn of your experience.
Mustafa, Ikea, and Courts are eligible merchants for the bonus OCBC$.

Could you share with us your mobile number via PM?
We would like to look into the matter.

^DG

Hi OCBC Bank,

Appreciate your response!

I got a call back from the OCBC customer support line, and I got a quite unexpected answer.

It appears that the OCBC card I have is the Titanium Mastercard, and not the Titanium REWARDS Mastercard. So I'll get nothing for the charges to the card. :s13:

The person on the phone was quite nice and apologetic when telling me of this unfortunate outcome lol.

I suppose I should have thought that OCBC will make 2 different cards, Titanium and Titanium Rewards!

It is all Hardwarezone Forum's fault because I saw this thread which reminded me of the card I had :s13:

I told them I accept this and will move on from this.. lol.

Last edited:

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi OCBC Bank,

I got a call back from the OCBC customer support line, and I got a quite unexpected answer.

It appears that the OCBC card I have is the Titanium Mastercard, and not the Titanium
REWARDS
Mastercard. So I'll get nothing for the charges to the card.
:s13:

The person on the phone was quite nice and apologetic when telling me of this unfortunate outcome lol.

I suppose I should have thought that OCBC will make 2 different cards, Titanium and Titanium Rewards!

It is all Hardwarezone Forum's fault because I saw this thread which reminded me of the card I had
:s13:

It is today years old that I realise we have all been talking abt the titanium rewards benefits on a titanium card forum.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC Bank,

It appears that the OCBC card I have is the Titanium Mastercard, and not the Titanium REWARDS Mastercard. So I'll get nothing for the charges to the card. :s13:

It is all Hardwarezone Forum's fault because I saw this thread which reminded me of the card I had :s13:

Hi Assault,

We are sorry to learn about this!

You may wish to consider applying for the Titanium Rewards card instead. It would entitle you to more benefits as compared to the older Titanium Mastercard.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, can I check if goyard and Louis Vuitton quality for 10x ocbc$ under the titanium rewards card?

Hi there,

^XF

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.