OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Onlineshopper1988

Reaction score
Hi there,

It will depend on the Merchant Category Code (MCC) coming in for those transactions. We will not be able to check on the MCCs prior to a purchase, as this is determined by the merchant and the payment association (Visa/MasterCard), and is not within OCBC's control.

We will only be able to check a merchant's MCC after the purchase is charged to the card. Seeking your kind understanding on this, thank you.

^XF

Hi, the purchase has been made already. Do I have to call OCBC up to check the MCC?

hwz_zx

Reaction score
Hi OCBC Bank,

Appreciate your response!

I got a call back from the OCBC customer support line, and I got a quite unexpected answer.

It appears that the OCBC card I have is the Titanium Mastercard, and not the Titanium REWARDS Mastercard. So I'll get nothing for the charges to the card. :s13:

The person on the phone was quite nice and apologetic when telling me of this unfortunate outcome lol.

I suppose I should have thought that OCBC will make 2 different cards, Titanium and Titanium Rewards!

It is all Hardwarezone Forum's fault because I saw this thread which reminded me of the card I had :s13:

I told them I accept this and will move on from this.. lol.

i also encountered similar issues before. They just happily rebrand their card and refuse to upgrade old card users to the new mastercard.

Continue to charge annual fee and expect you to use the card with the 1X OCBC$ benefit. If you don't look hard enough to notice the different between Titanium and Titanium Rewards (mastercard vs worldmastercard) and the "Rewards" wording on the card, there's isn't any other noticeable differences

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
i also encountered similar issues before. They just happily rebrand their card and refuse to upgrade old card users to the new mastercard.

Continue to charge annual fee and expect you to use the card with the 1X OCBC$ benefit. If you don't look hard enough to notice the different between Titanium and Titanium Rewards (mastercard vs worldmastercard) and the "Rewards" wording on the card, there's isn't any other noticeable differences

We are sorry not not being able to convert the old Titanium MasterCard to the Titanium Rewards card. If you have not already done so, you can put in an application for the Rewards card.

^DG

spitter99

Reaction score
hi,

made a few purchases at Louis Vuitton but still no sight of bonus ocbc$..
and the hotline is always busy..
can somebody please assist?
TIA

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, I meant to find out if we have hit the 120,000 OCBC$ limit for the membership year for 10X rewards

Hi Sethisfy,

Our service executive will be able to do a check on this for you. You may either drop us a secured mail via ibanking, or share your contact number with us via PM for a callback, thank you.

^XF

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
hi,

TIA

Hi spitter99,

Our service executive will be able to do a check on this for you. You may either drop us a secured mail via ibanking, or share your contact number with us via PM for a callback, thank you.

1. Log in to https://internet.ocbc.com/internet-banking/
2. At the top of the page, find the word 'Mailbox', click on it
3. Click on ‘Compose’
4. From there, please clearly state your query.

^XF

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
hi,

TIA

all the best to you. my italy LV last year all gone case cos tagged under luggage MCC.

Timphil

Reaction score
Hi,

1. How do we check for transaction level breakdown for ocbc$.

2. How do we check the base points and bonus points for ocbc titanium rewards card?

3. When are the bonus points credited for ocbc titanium rewards card?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

1. How do we check for transaction level breakdown for ocbc$.

2. How do we check the base points and bonus points for ocbc titanium rewards card?

3. When are the bonus points credited for ocbc titanium rewards card?

Hi Timphil,

5 OCBC$ will be credited for every S$5 spend (i.e. the Base OCBC$) when the transaction is posted.

The remaining 45 OCBC$ (i.e. the Bonus OCBC$) will be credited by the end of the following month, computed based on the relevant transaction posting date.

You may look under ‘FAQs > Common questions > When will my OCBC$ be credited?’ for more details:

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titanium-rewards-credit-card

If you would like to check on the breakdown of OCBC$ earned in the previous month, you may give us a call to 1800 363 3333 or drop us a secured mail via ibanking for a check. Thank you.

^XF

swifix

Reaction score
After many years of carrying ocbc 360 cards, just cancelled it and change to titanium mastercard. My heavy usuage usually for online purchases. First thing I realised on this titanium card is that when making purchase, it doesn't bring me to authentication page that require mobile token code before confirm payment?

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
After many years of carrying ocbc 360 cards, just cancelled it and change to titanium mastercard. My heavy usuage usually for online purchases. First thing I realised on this titanium card is that when making purchase, it doesn't bring me to authentication page that require mobile token code before confirm payment?
I guess it is dependent on whether the merchant set-up requires 2-factor authentication as well.. Example, Amazon website does not require a code to approve transactions where buying tickets online at GV website require.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is dependent on the MCC of the merchant, and is not within the bank's control.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG

Last edited:

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is dependent on the MCC of the merchant, and is not within the bank's control.

To earn Bonus OCBC$, retail transactions made locally or overseas must fall within any of the following MCCs:

MCC 5311 Departmental Stores
MCC 5611 Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores
MCC 5621 Women's Ready to Wear Stores
MCC 5631 Women's Accessory and Speciality Stores
MCC 5641 Children's and Infants' Wear Stores
MCC 5651 Family Clothing Stores
MCC 5661 Shoe Stores
MCC 5691 Men's and Women's Clothing Stores
MCC 5045 Computers, Peripherals, and Software
MCC 5732 Electronics Stores
MCC 5699 Miscellaneous Apparel and Accessory Shops

And these merchants:

Alibaba
Daigou
Mustafa Centre
AliExpress
Ezbuy
Qoo10
Amazon
IKEA
Shopee
Courts
Lazada
Taobao

^DG
DG, any plans to expand the list of targetted merchants specific for rewarding OCBC$? It's been a long while since this list was reviewed. Though quite a list but can be more to give more ease of mind to your customers not to have a shock of no points that would be your likely target spending behaviour. Would be nice to have extras like major brands Gain City, Parisilk, LV, Best Denki, Challenger, Apple into the mix.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
DG, any plans to expand the list of targetted merchants specific for rewarding OCBC$? It's been a long while since this list was reviewed. Though quite a list but can be more to give more ease of mind to your customers not to have a shock of no points that would be your likely target spending behaviour. Would be nice to have extras like major brands Gain City, Parisilk, LV, Best Denki, Challenger, Apple into the mix.
Hi silverbomb,

Thanks for getting in touch.
We will share this with the team for their review and consideration.

^DG

ditchdog

Reaction score
Hi DG. May I check if Mega discount store qualifies for 10x rewards on the titanium card? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.