[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljohn78

Reaction score
Hi to all fish nerds,

This thread is created for all fish lovers to share and discuss everything from fresh water to brackish water to salt water, small fish to medium fish to monster fish.

This thread is also created to post update on local LFS and stockings of various watery creatures and aquarium equipment.

Do keep the thread civil and dont break any hardwarezone rules.

So Fish nerds, remember to keep your hands wet!

(This thread is not for fish tank with mermaid inside.)

hUWizlhl.jpg

Some useful links below: (recommended by Ows)

Aquarium Stocking Calculator

Design your tank setup

List of local fish shop - Courtesy of Aquatic Quotient

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Last edited:

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nanyang Trading Aquarium Pte Ltd

Dear Customers,
Thank you for your support over the years!
We are in the process of setting up our brand new aquarium at No. 8 Chencharu Link.
Do give us some time to set up the place and get it ready to serve you.
Please be assured that we will continue to provide our comprehensive range of aquatic products, flora and fauna at affordable prices.
We will notify you here once we are ready to serve. Please Like our page and check back here often.
Appreciate your continued support and look forward to serving you real soon!

DragonFire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Koi keeper. If looking for advice in pond technology or design you can ask me.

Now running a 20T. 75T being planned for next build.

ljohn78

Reaction score
Koi keeper. If looking for advice in pond technology or design you can ask me.

Now running a 20T. 75T being planned for next build.
Thank you dragonfire for being helpful and contributing to fish keeping community.

MusicAddict

Reaction score
i tried my hands at a planted shrimp tank, but it failed. plants did not spread sideways but spread upwards despite trimming and the shrimps just keep dying instead of breeding. did proper cycling and washing of equipment already but still fail

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
i tried my hands at a planted shrimp tank, but it failed. plants did not spread sideways but spread upwards despite trimming and the shrimps just keep dying instead of breeding. did proper cycling and washing of equipment already but still fail

temperature issue? shrimps thrive with cooler water.

ljohn78

Reaction score
First thing. Dont give up and try to learn more before attempting again.

If your carpet plant spreads upward, it is usually due to insufficient light and or CO2. If you can increase both light and CO2 then the carpet will grow low.

Proper nitrogen cycling is important for water quality.

MusicAddict

Reaction score
i know my light is strong because algea starts to form, but the CO2 maybe not enough because i using yeast+sugar only. shrimps wise I am still not sure. will probaby try a new planted betta tank if I can find a better tank solution and a nice betta

VTEC3100

Reaction score
After i quit my aqurium 5 years ago, now bit feel like going back to fish keeping hobby.
Got lobang for reliable fish tank maker at reasonable price to intro?
I need 6ft tank for arowana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.