Official: GTX 980 Ti Owner and Chit Chat Club

Maximus_XXVIII

Reaction score
wah worse :s13:=:p

It's a chain reaction once you get the the second GPU.

You'll need to change Mobo, CPU and PSU. If change to Z170 or X99, you'll need to get DDR4 rams.

Since already running 980Ti SLI, might as well upgrade to a better monitor.

You want better airflow for SLI, change to full tower.

Default SLI bridge looks bad, then upgrade to EVGA Pro SLI Bridge V2.

End of the day, change everything. LOL

Reppps

Reaction score
It's a chain reaction once you get the the second GPU.

You'll need to change Mobo, CPU and PSU. If change to Z170 or X99, you'll need to get DDR4 rams.

Since already running 980Ti SLI, might as well upgrade to a better monitor.

You want better airflow for SLI, change to full tower.

Default SLI bridge looks bad, then upgrade to EVGA Pro SLI Bridge V2.

End of the day, change everything. LOL

never ending :s13:
custom loop with single 980ti worth it mah?

Reppps

Reaction score
Custom loop for more performance? Sli gives u bang for buck in your case lol.

heheh. but not for 1080p :3
will be replacing my mobo and cpu soon as I would be moving mine to another build. waiting for the z170 krait :)

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heheh. but not for 1080p :3
will be replacing my mobo and cpu soon as I would be moving mine to another build. waiting for the z170 krait :)

seriously X99 more worth it than skyshit... =:p

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously X99 more worth it than skyshit... =:p

Heading to Taiwan tomorrow liao, going their Taiwan's "SLS" and buy EVGA x99 :), hope I can find there lol.

But I got a few friends say if don't need the 6 cores on the 5820k, get 6700k better sia... because their single core more powerful lol. Do I need very good cooling to OC 5820K to the same 4++Ghz to be on par with 6700k?

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heading to Taiwan tomorrow liao, going their Taiwan's "SLS" and buy EVGA x99 :), hope I can find there lol.

But I got a few friends say if don't need the 6 cores on the 5820k, get 6700k better sia... because their single core more powerful lol. Do I need very good cooling to OC 5820K to the same 4++Ghz to be on par with 6700k?

Just buy 5960x.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5820k is an easy piece to oc. Smelly smelly also can get 1ghz boost from 3.3ghz. Temps are definitely better as it is a soldered cpu.

5960x may seems a better buy if you wanna do a real upgrade.

It is not really on par with 6700k but better in many applications. Besides that i doubt you can find that many evga stuffs in taiwan sls. Surprised? Well it is like SG SLS.

Evga is not a taiwan company. Despite the regional rma centre is there.

Edit: went there this year april. There were not even 1 store that i recalled bringing in evga mobos.

There they popularise this few brands....

Avexir, Adata, sandisk, superflower, the 4 major mobo brands, kingston, and some china brands.

Last edited:

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5820k is an easy piece to oc. Smelly smelly also can get 1ghz boost from 3.3ghz. Temps are definitely better as it is a soldered cpu.

5960x may seems a better buy if you wanna do a real upgrade.

It is not really on par with 6700k but better in many applications. Besides that i doubt you can find that many evga stuffs in taiwan sls. Surprised? Well it is like SG SLS.

Evga is not a taiwan company. Despite the regional rma centre is there.

Edit: went there this year april. There were not even 1 store that i recalled bringing in evga mobos.

There they popularise this few brands....

Avexir, Adata, sandisk, superflower, the 4 major mobo brands, kingston, and some china brands.

Okay good to hear easy to oc 5820k! Maybe my friends didn't use x99 before just read here and there like me hehe, most of them using for gaming, hopefully dx12 is promising. By the way the stacking of Vram in future is only available in Pascal GPU or any with DX12 will support?

Dammit :(! Then I guess I've to import from NewEgg Global, but the x99 Classified price after GST and shipping already $680.... That price can get Rampage V liao...
Guess I have to decide again after I'm back, like this I can save 1 trip for other place if not going to their SLS lols.

Thanks alot bro!

Just buy 5960x.

Bo lui bro, don't want spurge so much on it since I don't really need so many cores lol, plus when broadwell-e I might change again.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay good to hear easy to oc 5820k! Maybe my friends didn't use x99 before just read here and there like me hehe, most of them using for gaming, hopefully dx12 is promising. By the way the stacking of Vram in future is only available in Pascal GPU or any with DX12 will support?

Dammit :(! Then I guess I've to import from NewEgg Global, but the x99 Classified price after GST and shipping already $680.... That price can get Rampage V liao...
Guess I have to decide again after I'm back, like this I can save 1 trip for other place if not going to their SLS lols.

Thanks alot bro!

Bo lui bro, don't want spurge so much on it since I don't really need so many cores lol, plus when broadwell-e I might change again.

You are just side grading nia to be frank.

Toby88

Reaction score
So this has escalated to a higher level.......a higher level of poison spreading and many upgrades to come :)

PC master race ftw.

Last edited:

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks alot bro!

Ehh u gaming need 6 core meh? Building server or rendering farm ah? :s13::s13:

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the only PSU you should be buying... :s13::s13::s13:

EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready 10 Year Warranty Power Supply 220-T2-1600-X1

71udOM0TfwL._SL1200_.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.