Official May 2017 SBF

Yuppie98

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2017
Messages
926
Reaction score
0
Did anyone screed up to 40mm and lay vinyl tiles?

HDB Screeding soon.

Dfi4ysJ.jpg


 
Last edited:

Yuppie98

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2017
Messages
926
Reaction score
0
Here’s the thing the 2 Indian guy came and 1 of them asked me if I wanna top up, so I asked how much, and he said his boss will ring me, I tried ringing his boss and his boss said he’ll call me on Thurs coz shop is not open yet.
And the Indian guy tried to asked for exorbitant price. I’m thinking if e boss doesn’t give me a reasonable price I will leave it at 40mm

But your unit is going to screed soon. So u should already know how much is your top up right?
 

Smiletoyou

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Here’s the thing the 2 Indian guy came and 1 of them asked me if I wanna top up, so I asked how much, and he said his boss will ring me, I tried ringing his boss and his boss said he’ll call me on Thurs coz shop is not open yet.
And the Indian guy tried to asked for exorbitant price. I’m thinking if e boss doesn’t give me a reasonable price I will leave it at 40mm



I seee. For my unit. I think they dint really do shun zhun 50mm though. My ID mentioned that my living room will higher than kitchen by 2mm.
 

Yuppie98

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2017
Messages
926
Reaction score
0
So step down kitchen & elevated living.. did u actually felt e difference?

I’m really anxious when are they gonna talk to me abt e top up.. did e workers or e boss asked u for your top up?

Do u have pix that u could share of your screeded floor 2mm higher?

Was e screeding quality good? Did u visit e site when they screed? I’m wondering how it’s done.

I seee. For my unit. I think they dint really do shun zhun 50mm though. My ID mentioned that my living room will higher than kitchen by 2mm.
 

Smiletoyou

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
So step down kitchen & elevated living.. did u actually felt e difference?

I’m really anxious when are they gonna talk to me abt e top up.. did e workers or e boss asked u for your top up?

Do u have pix that u could share of your screeded floor 2mm higher?

Was e screeding quality good? Did u visit e site when they screed? I’m wondering how it’s done.



Vinyl not lay yet. So won't really know how big is the difference for now. My ID helped with all these liasing including to rush and push them cause it was taking too long after my submission and finally got it completed after 1 month from my request.

For a first time home owner, I don't really feel the tiny bumps that my ID mentioned that it exist actually. So ya. Should be still acceptable?

They dint allow my ID to enter when they were doing so I only went down like 2 days after they completed.

They screed till my doors in all my rooms and the cabinet near the door area as well. So it look very dirty for now. I tried to wipe it off with water and it can be removed, so it should be alright.
 

Yuppie98

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2017
Messages
926
Reaction score
0
Ahh thanks so much for all the information you’ve shared in such great detail, it helps me a lot.
I chased myself and managed only to get them to start after 5 weeks wait (they told me e queue is abt 6-8weeks for my area punggol)

So now I have a clearer idea on the screeding.

My plan is to paint & install vinyl straight after the screed is completed. Hopefully that can be done.

Maybe I’ll envoy my ID to discuss about the top-up with them.

It’s a one day work right? They told me it takes only a day.

So here’s my plan:
21st Painting
22nd Screed
23rd Vinyl Installation
24th Clean



Vinyl not lay yet. So won't really know how big is the difference for now. My ID helped with all these liasing including to rush and push them cause it was taking too long after my submission and finally got it completed after 1 month from my request.

For a first time home owner, I don't really feel the tiny bumps that my ID mentioned that it exist actually. So ya. Should be still acceptable?

They dint allow my ID to enter when they were doing so I only went down like 2 days after they completed.

They screed till my doors in all my rooms and the cabinet near the door area as well. So it look very dirty for now. I tried to wipe it off with water and it can be removed, so it should be alright.

 

Smiletoyou

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Ahh thanks so much for all the information you’ve shared in such great detail, it helps me a lot.
I chased myself and managed only to get them to start after 5 weeks wait (they told me e queue is abt 6-8weeks for my area punggol)

So now I have a clearer idea on the screeding.

My plan is to paint & install vinyl straight after the screed is completed. Hopefully that can be done.

Maybe I’ll envoy my ID to discuss about the top-up with them.

It’s a one day work right? They told me it takes only a day.

So here’s my plan:
21st Painting
22nd Screed
23rd Vinyl Installation
24th Clean







Yah. They told me 6-8 weeks as well but i got it around 1 month after request.
Maybe should paint after screed cause they screed till my walls as well.
Not sure how long it takes to dry so it's safer to buffer one day in between before laying vinyl?
 

Yuppie98

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2017
Messages
926
Reaction score
0
Oh ok, Tmr I’ll quickly inform them change dates for painting & vinyl.
Are u also @punggol then 6-8wks too.

Yah. They told me 6-8 weeks as well but i got it around 1 month after request.
Maybe should paint after screed cause they screed till my walls as well.
Not sure how long it takes to dry so it's safer to buffer one day in between before laying vinyl?

 

pandanwaffles

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm a little confused. Read here that we can appeal to HDB for screeding but the officer at branch office told us otherwise. No way to appeal too
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top