[Official] Playstation 5

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
493
Reaction score
287
Is it just me but I find Digital Edition more “beautiful”? The disc slot for standard edition doesn’t look nice at all. My psn account is also US so i always buy my games digitally.
PS5 DE look better vertically/standing up, while PS5 look better horizontally/lying down.

Black base stand is included in both version this time around, as it need to be use at all times. Even if the console is placed down horizontally.
Ehpd_RqWAAUdSQq
 

lmf2501

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Messages
7,702
Reaction score
28
I dont mind the ol skool grey classic if they do release it :D

(Pic from reddit)

ir1oo8r.png
 

comcrepe

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
477
Reaction score
94
You guys need a TV or monitor with HDMI 2.1 that supports 120hz+ to take advantage if a game supports 120fps.

Not sure how many games will support 120fps though.

I'm thinking of getting a 55 inch 4k TV for PS5. My current TV is only Full HD / HD ready. Just not sure if it's really necessary to get one that supports 120hz as I'm looking at the TCL range of TVs because they are price friendly.
 

Radecx

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
303
Reaction score
14
Do we need a good high speed HDMI cable too?

Just use whatever comes with the PS5

I'm thinking of getting a 55 inch 4k TV for PS5. My current TV is only Full HD / HD ready. Just not sure if it's really necessary to get one that supports 120hz as I'm looking at the TCL range of TVs because they are price friendly.

I mean it's not necessary, you'll be fine in probably 90% of the games.
Most will probably just hover around 30-60fps.
 

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
493
Reaction score
287
You guys need a TV or monitor with HDMI 2.1 that supports 120hz+ to take advantage if a game supports 120fps.

Not sure how many games will support 120fps though.
Only certain games will support 120fps (While usually running at a lower resolution, 1800p/1440p/1080p), mainly in Multiplayer mode. First-Person Shooters, Racing & Fighting games are likely to support 120fps. (Gran Turismo 7, Dirt 5, COD: Black Ops Cold War)

Besides those, ports of last-gen game might support 120fps (Devil May Cry 5)

For single-player Action Adventure games that are built from the ground up exclusively for next gen hardware, focusing on graphics & visual fidelity (Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, GOW Ragnarok) 120fps definitely won't be supported. 60fps max.
 

jnashville

Banned
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
2
I'm thinking of getting a 55 inch 4k TV for PS5. My current TV is only Full HD / HD ready. Just not sure if it's really necessary to get one that supports 120hz as I'm looking at the TCL range of TVs because they are price friendly.

u can get a LG 55CX. comes with gysnc/variable refresh rate at 120hz 4k

i gotten a 65CX mainly to watch movies but also interested in the ps5 with Grand turismo~

btw any links for online pre order at 11?
 

velcry

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
147
Reaction score
11
Hmm... the official Sony Store preorder link for PS5 just disappeared... it was there earlier this morning when I checked.

Sigh does this mean going to the physical store is the only option left...
 

eaphla

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2002
Messages
490
Reaction score
24
Hmm... the official Sony Store preorder link for PS5 just disappeared... it was there earlier this morning when I checked.

Sigh does this mean going to the physical store is the only option left...

Yeah, i saw it too and can add to cart somemore to checkout.

Maybe there is a gitch. Somebody may have preorder successfully before 11am.
 

velcry

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
147
Reaction score
11
Yeah, i saw it too and can add to cart somemore to checkout.

Maybe there is a gitch. Somebody may have preorder successfully before 11am.

Just saw this: https://geekculture.co/low-stocks-for-playstation-5-expected-in-singapore-at-launch/

"Geek Culture understands that the various retailers across the island will only be holding as much as 200 units across the board, regardless of the number of outlets said retailer has, and whether the retailer is online or offline."

LOL. I think I'm going to manage my expectations about whether I can get one or not already...
 

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
Seems like 11am online pre-order is a hoax, by then physical walk in one already taken up all the slots, not to mention those manage to did the pre-order earlier than 18 Sept..:vijayadmin:
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Walked-in to Sony@Westgate at 1050am. 7 pax in queue.
Only 1 per pax. Made full payment, confirmed receipt.
Done in 10mins.

Limited stock. They refused to say how many.
There is no queue whatsoever now, and pretty sure they have pre-order stock.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top