[Official] Playstation 5

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
idk man heard diff brands need to take out and update

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
just plug and use why is there a need to update?
you just need to format your ssd after you insert into the ps5 ssd bay

in case you cant get it
the ssd is like the "storeroom" in your house
you can leave it there for as long as you want

PS:if you really that clueless on ssd feel free to find youtube video
not sure why you quoting another clueless individual post on fb...

popeyes

Reaction score
I think his concern is the read/write speed, some ssd brand do need to update the initial firmware before it can achieve the advertised read/write speed. Hehe.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think his concern is the read/write speed, some ssd brand do need to update the initial firmware before it can achieve the advertised read/write speed. Hehe.
Errrr nvme ssd is blazing fast already

and I copy and paste the wall of text mentioned ext hdd is for ps4 or ps5 storage(Sony support not some 3rd party site)

we can only spoon feed them so much if he can’t understand there’s nothing I can do🙃

dashingnugget1

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanna ask for some advice / opinions.

Have been on the Sony waitlist (Wisma atria) since Sep 2021 and recently was told that the waitlist has extended to two years. Very unlikely I will get the opportunity to buy one at retail price anytime soon :(

Only other way is buying from scalpers or buying a korean set from Qoo10 (which cost about 760 with discount i think). I understand that the Korean set is essentially the same device but i'm worried about the warranty as its a 1 year "seller warranty".

Are there any other ways I could buy at retail price, seems like every other game shop are either scalping or out of stock. Or should i just wait it out? Really excited to play the new God of War though, I'm not sure if I could avoid spoilers for too long.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Have been on the Sony waitlist (Wisma atria) since Sep 2021 and recently was told that the waitlist has extended to two years. Very unlikely I will get the opportunity to buy one at retail price anytime soon :(

Only other way is buying from scalpers or buying a korean set from Qoo10 (which cost about 760 with discount i think). I understand that the Korean set is essentially the same device but i'm worried about the warranty as its a 1 year "seller warranty".

Are there any other ways I could buy at retail price, seems like every other game shop are either scalping or out of stock. Or should i just wait it out? Really excited to play the new God of War though, I'm not sure if I could avoid spoilers for too long.
buy a cheap ps4 2nd hand.

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Try the TOG wait list which they announce via their fb, opens quite regularly. I got mine from there during the 3rd try and my friend got it during his 1st try.

Else, look for those local retailers with bundles if you don't mind. Some of them allow you to buy stuff you like as long as it hits certain value. Another friend of mine got it for the 1k bundle for the Horizon Forbidden West with a few games of his own choice.

One last way is to keep eyeing the Sony website as they restock quietly. I seen it before but i didn't buy as I have gotten mine from TOG. I am unsure how come people knows immediately once restock is done and my guess is, web crawler.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lazada got a local seller from e commerce keppel selling the local disk version with offical Sony warranty for $794.

dashingnugget1

Reaction score
Try the TOG wait list which they announce via their fb, opens quite regularly. I got mine from there during the 3rd try and my friend got it during his 1st try.

Else, look for those local retailers with bundles if you don't mind. Some of them allow you to buy stuff you like as long as it hits certain value. Another friend of mine got it for the 1k bundle for the Horizon Forbidden West with a few games of his own choice.

One last way is to keep eyeing the Sony website as they restock quietly. I seen it before but i didn't buy as I have gotten mine from TOG. I am unsure how come people knows immediately once restock is done and my guess is, web crawler.
thank you, i will give that a try :)

guess.who

Reaction score

Bought PS5 Disc (HFW Bundle) Local Set for $935 from Carousell Reseller.​

I am new to PS, or gaming in general. So very curious is this a good deal or not?

Also side note, I am not interested in the HFW Game, if anyone here wants, can pass to you for a cheap deal.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I am new to PS, or gaming in general. So very curious is this a good deal or not?

Also side note, I am not interested in the HFW Game, if anyone here wants, can pass to you for a cheap deal.
i bought my PS5 Disc HFW Bundle @ $799 .

so from there you can decide?

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Now retail is 879 for the same set you bought. Very good price actually

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many of you bought it but never upgrade ssd storage. Like you play finish and delete it. Wait for new games? Or you upgrade?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
I tried to not upgrade ssd storage but in the end I gave up. Lol.

Bought a 1tb aorus last November together with my friend from amazon and never regret it.

I like the peace of mind of not having to worry about the lack of space and thinking about which games I gotta delete.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.