[Official] Playstation 5

lionheart80

Reaction score
Waiting time?
I had no luck with TOG contest since May

TOG waiting time is quite short, make the full payment to the selected store you chose once you received their email or call and just wait for the console to be ready for collection if you are lucky enough to be selected

previously they were always bundling with additional controller but for december they are pushing the headset

nagase_4

Reaction score
I had no luck with TOG contest since May

TOG waiting time is quite short, make the full payment to the selected store you chose once you received their email or call and just wait for the console to be ready for collection if you are lucky enough to be selected

previously they were always bundling with additional controller but for december they are pushing the headset
Yea lo. if local sets are immediate stocks, i also dun mind paying a little more.

Problem is now local sets are heng suay one, if not needa wait very long.

In the end, I decided on an korean export set instead since no difference at all. Just that no local warranty.
Anyway warranty also 1 year nia, and PS mostly dun breakdown or spoil within the 1st year unless you sibeh suay lo.

If u sibeh suay, give u 2 years warranty also like tat.......lol!

lionheart80

Reaction score
$799 for 1100 model.
$20 more for 1200 model apparently.
I am guessing from sony's page. GOW set (1200 model) costs $20 more than Horizon set (1100 model).

Note that it was actually $729 for launch sets. So, it has had a $90 increase so far.
https://store.sony.com.sg/collections/playstation-consoles
nope you are wrong, the price diff is due to the game software bundled with it

FIFA23 bundle was a 1118 model selling at $889 which is the same price as GOWR 1218 which were newly release games to be bundled with the console whereas HFW was released for a period already and then Sony decided to bundle with the console itself with the price tag at $869

the official news for PS5 price increase was at $70 and that is the point where they are starting to ship out their 12XX models

Sony online store only shows the prices for HFW & GOWR bundles, if they include the FIFA23 bundle then you can get a better picture

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
nope you are wrong, the price diff is due to the game software bundled with it

FIFA23 bundle was a 1118 model selling at $889 which is the same price as GOWR 1218 which were newly release games to be bundled with the console whereas HFW was released for a period already and then Sony decided to bundle with the console itself with the price tag at $869

the official news for PS5 price increase was at $70 and that is the point where they are starting to ship out their 12XX models

Sony online store only shows the prices for HFW & GOWR bundles, if they include the FIFA23 bundle then you can get a better picture
Ah i see.

Weird because FIFA23 was reviewed pretty poorly and is not a AAA title like HFW and GOWR

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoot another PS5 for another room
28-FE601-B-158-E-4-AA7-93-DB-BC3-E63770-CCA.jpg

More games for PS5 and Switch to my collection
34036-D5-A-8835-4-AEA-99-DA-169-BBEADF76-F.jpg

radzkal

Reaction score
Oh. I didn't know there was such a price for korean set. I'm not very active in carousell, so sometimes scared kenna scam. Have to be careful to choosing the seller. Maybe I should go check out and see.
or if you're not that particular about console, u can get discounted xbox series x from courts. then learn how to redeem 3years of gamepass. the library has a large library too. beats playing the waiting game for ps5.

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any expert can advise me pls.

how come when I connect my wall Data port direct to ps5 using Lan cable, the ps5 detects but its greyed out?

I'm using the same LAN cable from wall data port plug to my MioTv setup box ok leh.

Is it the LAN must plug in thru modem then modem to ps5?

thanks in advance

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any expert can advise me pls.

how come when I connect my wall Data port direct to ps5 using Lan cable, the ps5 detects but its greyed out?

I'm using the same LAN cable from wall data port plug to my MioTv setup box ok leh.

Is it the LAN must plug in thru modem then modem to ps5?

thanks in advance
Did u get any up address when plugged in?

sgreddevil

Reaction score
Is it recommended to get a disc version instead of digital version?
Based on my past experience with nt ps4, most of my games were bought from store as the sale prices seem to be generally lower. Of course there are some instances I will come across some cheap physical copies on sale at lazads, amazon etc.
Not sure if the approximate 100 bucks difference is worth it.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on my past experience with nt ps4, most of my games were bought from store as the sale prices seem to be generally lower. Of course there are some instances I will come across some cheap physical copies on sale at lazads, amazon etc.

only you can decide if you prefer physical games or digital games.

World is moving away from physical though.....

radzkal

Reaction score
i got the disc version since last yr but till today i have never slotted any disc in. most of my library is from monthly free games. subscribing to ps plus gives free games monthly. they've given fifa 22, hot wheels unleashed etc. on top of that, u get access to some good titles like GOW (not ragnarok), MK11, Days Gone etc. like the above comment, world's moving away from physical discs in a way.

nagase_4

Reaction score
The only reason i got the disc version was because my kids still playing some of the old ps4 disc games. If not, i would have just gotten the digital version.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some of my games are physical because the PSN Store only sells Chinese versions of the games. Lots of lower budget JRPGs like Legend of Heroes series, Ys Series and Langrisser only have Chinese versions on PSN Store.

Even Persona 5 didn't have the English version on PSN until a few days after official launch.

Charles_Chi4

Reaction score
I think disc version has more advantages compared to digital, in terms of operational cost in the long run. You can buy cheaper used games and sell them after completion.

laksa2003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think disc version has more advantages compared to digital, in terms of operational cost in the long run. You can buy cheaper used games and sell them after completion.
hahaa. yes, play game for free!
buy second hand and sell after finish..
only cost is PS set which itself is worth so much over gaming pc..

lionheart80

Reaction score
ps plus subscription having $27 off for all tiers till 20/12 but it is for new subscribers only

so for essential tier signup, it will be at 50% off

Last edited:

randomph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ps plus subscription having $27 off for all tiers till 20/12 but it is for new subscribers only

so for essential tier signup, it will be at 50% off
Only new subscribers, if I previously subscribe to test out the free trial and back when I’m on their older plan I’m not eligible?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.