Purplestars, stop it. You came in here years ago arguing that high-interest bank accounts were better than bonds. You were wrong, and people in here pointed that out to you over and over again.
Please take a look at what is currently happening at the bond market.
Please take a look at what the people are asking you and telling you, over and over again. Just look back at the last page, which you'd just brush aside.
Guys like Revhappy and many others have bought into MBH and are now kicking themselves. And the best advice you have to offer is "Oh you are only down 2% when I promised you bonds are supposed to me negatively correlated to the stock market. It's doing it's job!" How can anyone think you are right there?
Do you think I am proven wrong when all bonds are tanking currently? Or is it time for you to take a step back and reconsider your position?
I engaged with you, and I actually found your arguments kind of persuasive; you persuaded me that high-interest accounts were a pretty good option for people's emergency funds, and I said as much at the time. I wasn't persuaded that high-interest accounts were a good alternative to bonds; I gave you good reasons, and I also said that at the time.
At that point, a normal person would say to themselves "OK, I wasn't able to persuade this person completely, I'll leave it alone. Maybe I'll start my own thread". But you started calling me names, and you kept coming in here over and over again to start the same fight.
You're trying to restart a fight from three years ago. Get over it.
Once again, nobody is interested to start a fight with you. The main interest is to educate the newbies from making this mistake and many people in here can speak out for it. They are just too afraid to and shellshocked at what's happening and desperately hoping you are right. The lack of past posters advocating holding these bond funds should be a big clue for you.
No, Purplestars, you get infracted because you do nothing but start fights, and the board has a explicit rule against fighting. If you stopped being so obnoxious and argumentative you wouldn't get infracted so much. How have you not figured this out?
People are get infracted because you have created a crazed fanatic like Flowerpalms who is now just reporting everybody who disagrees with him. See how dangerous your bad advice can be? He is now so delusional that nobody gets what's going on with him. On the surface he seems to be advocating your methods, then he claims to have war chests and applying other methods not in sync with you.
It hurts me to see people like that, and I wish I can prevent it from happening again.
The two major things I feel that should be paid special attention to:
1) The 110-age rule. You are literally encouraging a newbie 30 year old to put 80% of his assets into the stock market. It might be a good idea to do so now, but all the people who followed this advice to the letter in the past few years are probably in shock now and are in too much pain to appear in this thread. An education on personal risk tolerance needs to take place before getting people to jump into the deep end.
80% is a huge commitment and once they do so they will commited to see your plan work out due to cognitive dissonance. But we have already seen people here melting down and selling their MBH to buy into stock. But you conveniently ignored them of course, and these guys are probably stopped reading this thread out of shame.
2) Putting the rest of your net worth into bond funds.
The risk and drawbacks here are definitely not highlighted by you and we have seen many posters suffering from it now. But of course you aren't going to address why it happened and think of alternative solutions.