Official Xperia Z Thread

scubyti

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
996
Reaction score
0
Those who are using chrome, please go to settings, developer tools and untick tilt scrolling. My battery temp is lower when I disable that....
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
oh, didn't knew about that! Thanks! :s12:

Which means that it is better for us to erase data on google server first before we do a restore default and then moving on to new handset. =:p

Will do that next time when Sony's Togari/2H flagship come out. :D

Yes, you are right as the apps you installed in your previous smartphone might not suit the new smartphone. =:p
 

moi_dar

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
So far these are the problems I face after using this phone for two weeks:

1) cannot change keyboard unless I set it as default, meaning he shortcut to select keyboard is not working.

2) when I open a Whatsapp notification , I can't reply - cannot key in anything unless I exit from the conversation to the Whatsapp main page, select that conversation before I can reply.

3) the GPS signal receiving is weak when inside a building even with wifi on. It cannot detect my location but works fine outside building.

Also can someone teach me how to take screen shot without pressing the power button? I wanted to take a screenshot of the keyboard selection screen to post online but can't do it as whenever I press the menu button, the keyboard selection menu would disappear.

Any help/suggestion on how to resolve the above issues would be greatly appreciated.
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
So far these are the problems I face after using this phone for two weeks:

1) cannot change keyboard unless I set it as default, meaning he shortcut to select keyboard is not working.

2) when I open a Whatsapp notification , I can't reply - cannot key in anything unless I exit from the conversation to the Whatsapp main page, select that conversation before I can reply.

3) the GPS signal receiving is weak when inside a building even with wifi on. It cannot detect my location but works fine outside building.

Also can someone teach me how to take screen shot without pressing the power button? I wanted to take a screenshot of the keyboard selection screen to post online but can't do it as whenever I press the menu button, the keyboard selection menu would disappear.

Any help/suggestion on how to resolve the above issues would be greatly appreciated.
another way to take screenshot is the press power button and volume down button ...u will hear a camera shutter sound :)
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Whenever my 3G change to LTE, my speedtest will maintain at 1mbps dl and 9mbpd ul, no matter where I am and my reception full. To solve it, I need to restart phone in order to get 40mbps.
CSO keep insist its Singapore LTE not stable, but i test my friend note 2 and XY at Singtel hello shop, note 2 doesn't suffer such issues.
But what surprise me is, THEY NEED TWO WEEKS!

I hate comparing diff phone servicing, but 2 weeks is damn long.

iPhone give refurbish set, Samsung 2-3 days and u can request delivery to your door step and Sony? Two weeks.

So Sony user and future XY user, please take note of their servicing.
If so I think my Xperia Z also got problem leh. On LTE sometime 1mbps than sometime 40mbps
 

OnLyOnE

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
2,427
Reaction score
202
So far these are the problems I face after using this phone for two weeks:

1) cannot change keyboard unless I set it as default, meaning he shortcut to select keyboard is not working.

2) when I open a Whatsapp notification , I can't reply - cannot key in anything unless I exit from the conversation to the Whatsapp main page, select that conversation before I can reply.

3) the GPS signal receiving is weak when inside a building even with wifi on. It cannot detect my location but works fine outside building.

Also can someone teach me how to take screen shot without pressing the power button? I wanted to take a screenshot of the keyboard selection screen to post online but can't do it as whenever I press the menu button, the keyboard selection menu would disappear.

Any help/suggestion on how to resolve the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

Before I bought Xperia Z, I was using an application called "Screenshot ER", there is option whereby you can set your phone to take screenshot whenever you shake it. If you are rooted, you can try this app.

Btw, is there something wrong with your set because I am not getting any of the 3 issues you are getting. Maybe do a repair via PC companion?
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Before I bought Xperia Z, I was using an application called "Screenshot ER", there is option whereby you can set your phone to take screenshot whenever you shake it. If you are rooted, you can try this app.

Btw, is there something wrong with your set because I am not getting any of the 3 issues you are getting. Maybe do a repair via PC companion?

Agree. I also never encounter any of the 3 issues which you all are having, my LTE is very fast all the time unless it switch to 3G at certain area.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
So far these are the problems I face after using this phone for two weeks:

1) cannot change keyboard unless I set it as default, meaning he shortcut to select keyboard is not working.

2) when I open a Whatsapp notification , I can't reply - cannot key in anything unless I exit from the conversation to the Whatsapp main page, select that conversation before I can reply.

3) the GPS signal receiving is weak when inside a building even with wifi on. It cannot detect my location but works fine outside building.

Also can someone teach me how to take screen shot without pressing the power button? I wanted to take a screenshot of the keyboard selection screen to post online but can't do it as whenever I press the menu button, the keyboard selection menu would disappear.

Any help/suggestion on how to resolve the above issues would be greatly appreciated.
Lol I think your whatsapp got problem. Mine can reply? Maybe try update or reinstall.
 

sunnycrowe

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
1
If I use the backup n restore app to auto install my apps when changing phone, wil it screw up the led notification?

Or is it only the backup n reset setting will screw up the led?

Or both?
 

cutiedoggy92

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2006
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
6
Anyone can share settings to make the shutter speed of the camera to be faster? Cause my friend took my phone to play then say camera lagging which is quite true..

So anyone got any specific settings u use?
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Anyone can share settings to make the shutter speed of the camera to be faster? Cause my friend took my phone to play then say camera lagging which is quite true..

So anyone got any specific settings u use?

Is your camera on Superior Auto? You can just put to normal mode and if you want to get the shutter speed, put to Burst mode and try out 999 photos in 1 min and see which smartphone can do that?
 

IceShelterX

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
4,607
Reaction score
27
Whenever my 3G change to LTE, my speedtest will maintain at 1mbps dl and 9mbpd ul, no matter where I am and my reception full. To solve it, I need to restart phone in order to get 40mbps.
CSO keep insist its Singapore LTE not stable, but i test my friend note 2 and XY at Singtel hello shop, note 2 doesn't suffer such issues.
But what surprise me is, THEY NEED TWO WEEKS!

I hate comparing diff phone servicing, but 2 weeks is damn long.

iPhone give refurbish set, Samsung 2-3 days and u can request delivery to your door step and Sony? Two weeks.

So Sony user and future XY user, please take note of their servicing.

The servicing is really damn lousy.

From note 2 to XperiaZ... XperiaZ chrome surfing really awesome far much better than note 2. That is my experience.

If I use the backup n restore app to auto install my apps when changing phone, wil it screw up the led notification?

Or is it only the backup n reset setting will screw up the led?

Or both?

Depend on luck. Best just install fresh
 

Hello_Kitty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2000
Messages
31,474
Reaction score
15,311
So far these are the problems I face after using this phone for two weeks:

1) cannot change keyboard unless I set it as default, meaning he shortcut to select keyboard is not working.

2) when I open a Whatsapp notification , I can't reply - cannot key in anything unless I exit from the conversation to the Whatsapp main page, select that conversation before I can reply.

3) the GPS signal receiving is weak when inside a building even with wifi on. It cannot detect my location but works fine outside building.

Also can someone teach me how to take screen shot without pressing the power button? I wanted to take a screenshot of the keyboard selection screen to post online but can't do it as whenever I press the menu button, the keyboard selection menu would disappear.

Any help/suggestion on how to resolve the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

The GPS signal issue, I am also facing the same. Inside building sometime cannot detect. Outside buildings, most of the times OK. I have no issue with iPad mini and iPhone 5 inside the building though
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top