Official Xperia Z Thread

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,459
Reaction score
5,938
I experience it today. haha is like when you picked up, call speaker already on. :s13::s13: hopefully they will fix it through firmware update.
Yup, noticed it as well. Initially thought I may have accidentally activated the speaker. Once you disable it on current call, the next call will be disabled as well.

Looks more like it retains the setting of the previous call.
 

1-wind

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
357
Reaction score
1
Yup, noticed it as well. Initially thought I may have accidentally activated the speaker. Once you disable it on current call, the next call will be disabled as well.

Looks more like it retains the setting of the previous call.

For my case, it is there 4 out of 5 calls instead of previous call settings.
 

kewellz

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
2,493
Reaction score
0
Anyone can recall how long is the phone's warranty period? 12 months or 15 months? My Z coming to a year's old now, just realised the charging port the indicator has turned pink. lol, wonder if it will affect the trade in price in future or gives me technical issues later on, cos never plan to change this awesome phone away yet~ :(
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,943
Reaction score
374
Anyone can recall how long is the phone's warranty period? 12 months or 15 months? My Z coming to a year's old now, just realised the charging port the indicator has turned pink. lol, wonder if it will affect the trade in price in future or gives me technical issues later on, cos never plan to change this awesome phone away yet~ :(

if u register online will be extended to 15th month warranty.:s13:
 

kewellz

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
2,493
Reaction score
0
if u register online will be extended to 15th month warranty.:s13:

Thanks for info, i registered online yet i log in sony page dont have any dates there:s13:

Saw your signature that u are using xiaomi, how is it compared to xperia z?
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,943
Reaction score
374
Thanks for info, i registered online yet i log in sony page dont have any dates there:s13:

Saw your signature that u are using xiaomi, how is it compared to xperia z?

Not bad. comparable to Xperia Z. But surprising when link to Sony QX10, Redmi is vert smooth unlike Xperia Z.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Anyone can recall how long is the phone's warranty period? 12 months or 15 months? My Z coming to a year's old now, just realised the charging port the indicator has turned pink. lol, wonder if it will affect the trade in price in future or gives me technical issues later on, cos never plan to change this awesome phone away yet~ :(

My case is the same as yours, but of course with more hiccups. I am not trusting all the nonsense of water and dust proof anymore in the future le. My Z will reach 1yo by end this month, I think I will go their service centre to make them either change a new set of me or change all the flaps. The so call water proof flaps are quite a joke lor. I am doubtful if I will get another Xperia after this... :(
 

kewellz

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
2,493
Reaction score
0
My case is the same as yours, but of course with more hiccups. I am not trusting all the nonsense of water and dust proof anymore in the future le. My Z will reach 1yo by end this month, I think I will go their service centre to make them either change a new set of me or change all the flaps. The so call water proof flaps are quite a joke lor. I am doubtful if I will get another Xperia after this... :(

Yes, i closed all the time when my phone gets into contact with water, i realised my flap the rubber came off, so spoil already then water went in.

But the idea of going to service centre then wait for few weeks is quite turn off. So i was asking yhw22 about hows xiaomi, maybe can buy one.

however i still quite like sony xperia as compared to sammy or iphone :s13: maybe must get non water proof one :o
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
My case is the same as yours, but of course with more hiccups. I am not trusting all the nonsense of water and dust proof anymore in the future le. My Z will reach 1yo by end this month, I think I will go their service centre to make them either change a new set of me or change all the flaps. The so call water proof flaps are quite a joke lor. I am doubtful if I will get another Xperia after this... :(


changing or flaps isnt free.

it was mentioned in a new thread or somewhere in dunno XZ or XZ1 thread that he was charged $50 or $60 to change one of the flap.

I emailed Sony and also call them, and both did reply me that changing of the flap isnt free.

If u look at the previous page, I've removed my spoilt flap and ordered some new ones online.

no way am I gonna pay 50, 60 bucks just to replace a flap due to poor design.

heck, i dont even need the waterproofing features in the first place.

So I wont be putting in the new flap any time soon. prob only when I intend to sell my Z
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
changing or flaps isnt free.

it was mentioned in a new thread or somewhere in dunno XZ or XZ1 thread that he was charged $50 or $60 to change one of the flap.

I emailed Sony and also call them, and both did reply me that changing of the flap isnt free.

If u look at the previous page, I've removed my spoilt flap and ordered some new ones online.

no way am I gonna pay 50, 60 bucks just to replace a flap due to poor design.

heck, i dont even need the waterproofing features in the first place.

So I wont be putting in the new flap any time soon. prob only when I intend to sell my Z

50 bucks for all the flaps. HOwever, sometime they become kind and help u change for free. "SOMETIME" :s13:
 

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
70
Xperia Z design on the waterproofing is not working well. This is my last Sony phone...and I will continue to tell my friends about it.
 

kurtisnet

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
611
Reaction score
11
My Z kena water while washing it under a tap about 3 weeks ago.

Sent to service center a week later when the phone speakers didn't recover even after putting it in a bowl of rice for 3 days. They took 8 days this time to fix my phone and it came back with literally everything replaced - screen, back cover, frame, flaps, battery, motherboard and so on.

Quite a good experience I'd say.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Xperia Z design on the waterproofing is not working well. This is my last Sony phone...and I will continue to tell my friends about it.

Oh, really? I have been washing my Xperia Z under water and no such issue on water entering the phone as I will check properly on the flaps to ensure it is closed tightly before putting it under water.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top