Official Xperia Z Thread

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,617
Reaction score
0
Not sure if it is a bug but when I type using "swift keyboard" and I want to change the keyboard to the xperia Chinese keyboard, I can't. Anyone has the same experience?

Did u enable it in the imput settings?
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Don't really care about battery health but user experience because I do change phone once a year due to mio home package. Both WiFi and LTE, 2 HOURS Facebook refresh interval and no autosync for services. If I drop my brightness I reckon I could hit 5 hours of screen on time. Oh, no stamina mode too.

Same... Once a year. I wonder what next year flagship will have. 4k screen? 4GB Ram? 8 core processor? 16mp Exmor(Whatever) sensor? :s13:
 

wolvie77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
2,147
Reaction score
15
BFd2-6jCQAA5bXa.png


I realised my battery usage got better and better after charging it constantly..
Press *#*#service#*#*,today i realised my battery showing 2391000uah instead of the default 2370000uah...:s12:

I can press *#*#service#*#* using the number keypad? Can't key in text leh?
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Not for me... The chrome browser ofte get stuck midway n I had to press refresh many times for the page to get loaded... After I switched to dolphin browser, I truly understood the power of LTE..

Really? I feel that chrome is much faster in loading times and ever since last time dolphin spammed adwares on my phone I stopped using it.

But too bad I dont have LTE phone to test. :D
 

OnLyOnE

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
202
I too find chrome is the fastest out of the lot of browser I used. Although the new opera seems to be able to match chrome's speed.
 

moi_dar

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Yah I did. I can only change the keyboard in the setting and changing it to default. The keyboard pull down menu on top doesn't allow me to change the keyboard
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
YA donno... y.. black spots appearing liao...
u got see the front and the back... that thin shiny purple outline, that outline ur screen.. not the thick side...

ya I know you referring to that. Mine haven't peel cause maybe I using cover so protect it. Those texture I think use coin will scratch out the colours one.
 

OnLyOnE

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
202
I find FireFox is also faster too and I can change theme for the browser.

I tried firefox too. But I just find Chrome start up is faster... the new opera still got some delay in start up, firefox too. But chrome start is instantaneous.
 

stemcell

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
6,099
Reaction score
0
Just a gentle reminder to those who didn't see earlier post but keep complaining about battery cim. Go apps an disable your map.

I found my LTE chip got problem and need to service, they told me it needs to take two weeks!!!

For those Sony and would be Sony user, pls take note.

If they unable to fix my prob, I will let u all know about the LTE prob
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Just a gentle reminder to those who didn't see earlier post but keep complaining about battery cim. Go apps an disable your map.

I found my LTE chip got problem and need to service, they told me it needs to take two weeks!!!

For those Sony and would be Sony user, pls take note.

If they unable to fix my prob, I will let u all know about the LTE prob

how did you find your LTE chip got problem?
 

devil1158

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
612
Reaction score
3
I'm on 4G lte now! Called Starhub and request to change plan, within 10 mins I got 4G already. Just as you guys said, the speed difference is very significant. Thanks for the info that gave me the push I needed to change to 4G guys!

Only downside is the drop from 12gb to 2gb. Now just need to use wifi whenever I'm home. I rarely use wifi on my phones before and not used to changing from 3G to wifi. But "Location based wifi" helps a lot with that.

Mr Gev

when u on LTE better watch ur ata.. Yes I agree the speed very fast.. but the data u consuming is also much faster... so 2GB sure use up fast...
Just be careful in case u get a shock when u receive ur bill...

:)
 

stemcell

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
6,099
Reaction score
0
how did you find your LTE chip got problem?

Whenever my 3G change to LTE, my speedtest will maintain at 1mbps dl and 9mbpd ul, no matter where I am and my reception full. To solve it, I need to restart phone in order to get 40mbps.
CSO keep insist its Singapore LTE not stable, but i test my friend note 2 and XY at Singtel hello shop, note 2 doesn't suffer such issues.
But what surprise me is, THEY NEED TWO WEEKS!

I hate comparing diff phone servicing, but 2 weeks is damn long.

iPhone give refurbish set, Samsung 2-3 days and u can request delivery to your door step and Sony? Two weeks.

So Sony user and future XY user, please take note of their servicing.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top