Official Xperia Z Thread

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
5,623
Reaction score
7
Sian.... I must wait till 01/05 then can buy.... Called and ask for earlier recontract they say that's the max(10 days ) they can give..... Wonder where will still have stock for it.

hi,12 mths upgrade or 21th mth? may i know which telco? i tried to ask from starhub for a week earlier 12thmth upgrade but was rejected.
 

chunxi

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
14
just go Google Samsung sd cards. flash memory sadly Korean are pretty good and so far qc is quite good.

i don't trust korean published/sponsored/involved result.

you see how many euro4 hyundai taxi around, most of them are farting black smoke. how did they get euro4 certified? :s11:
i guess either they paid alot of 'sponsorship' to euro, or the sample they send for certification is the only 1 that can pass.
 

bt_jason

Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
hi,12 mths upgrade or 21th mth? may i know which telco? i tried to ask from starhub for a week earlier 12thmth upgrade but was rejected.

21 mths. Singtel.....
My key line which can get handset yearly, I tried calling Singtel also give around 7 days early.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
i don't trust korean published/sponsored/involved result.

you see how many euro4 hyundai taxi around, most of them are farting black smoke. how did they get euro4 certified? :s11:
i guess either they paid alot of 'sponsorship' to euro, or the sample they send for certification is the only 1 that can pass.

I agree with you on this. Korean products or cars will never as good as the Japanese cos they themselves are never as refine like the Japanese so it applies to their products too.

Their car engine technology are not as good so have to copy from the Japanese or European but engine not refine and very rough so the engine will not last as long as Japanese engine.

I have a Korean car and Japanese car, my Korean car starts to have major problems at about 3 years but my Japanese car only have minor problems at about 5 years so you know which is more reliable.
 

kitboi

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
0
gps cant detect location

Anyone having problems with the GPS detection even after following the faq?

7) Help! Google locations/Maps is not working for me even though I have enable GPS!
Go to settings> Accounts > Google > Location Settings > Let google apps access your location
 

Dr.Quattro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
16,647
Reaction score
0
Really no regrets getting my xperia z after seeing so many complaints about the features in s4 being useless and it heating up to 36 degree
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
No matter how good the card look better or perform better. Most of the time its inside the phone. As long it does its job well. Speed shows difference in the transfer files from phone to PC/ PC to phone. internal transfer speed is not much quicker.

I used a Samsung hdd, have rma-ed before. Sad..

Whaa liao HDD cannot be compared to flash lei.....
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
i don't trust korean published/sponsored/involved result.

you see how many euro4 hyundai taxi around, most of them are farting black smoke. how did they get euro4 certified? :s11:
i guess either they paid alot of 'sponsorship' to euro, or the sample they send for certification is the only 1 that can pass.

I agree with you on this. Korean products or cars will never as good as the Japanese cos they themselves are never as refine like the Japanese so it applies to their products too.

Their car engine technology are not as good so have to copy from the Japanese or European but engine not refine and very rough so the engine will not last as long as Japanese engine.

I have a Korean car and Japanese car, my Korean car starts to have major problems at about 3 years but my Japanese car only have minor problems at about 5 years so you know which is more reliable.



We must compare Apple to Apple.

Most of the good flash chips came from Korea which they are widely use by Good Brands... that is why they have a good support.

I am not sure are you all into PC. Samsung SSD is top 3 most reliable SSD....

I used to look at them with a glare... but past few years... it is proven over and over again.

I don't like to bash brand and country. If that particular product is good, I will say it is good. If they are bad, I will say they are bad.

There are always balances somewhere which we must recognised and respect it.

I believe Xperia Z internal flash is Samsung made.

Sony Xperia Z FCC Teardown Gallery
 

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
70
We must compare Apple to Apple.

Most of the good flash chips came from Korea which they are widely use by Good Brands... that is why they have a good support.

I am not sure are you all into PC. Samsung SSD is top 3 most reliable SSD....

I used to look at them with a glare... but past few years... it is proven over and over again.

I don't like to bash brand and country. If that particular product is good, I will say it is good. If they are bad, I will say they are bad.

There are always balances somewhere which we must recognised and respect it.

I believe Xperia Z internal flash is Samsung made.

Sony Xperia Z FCC Teardown Gallery

HDD manufacturing is more complex than NAND / DRAM. How do you justify your own statement about Samsung SSD is top 3?
 

happily1986

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
110
We must compare Apple to Apple.

Most of the good flash chips came from Korea which they are widely use by Good Brands... that is why they have a good support.

I am not sure are you all into PC. Samsung SSD is top 3 most reliable SSD....

I used to look at them with a glare... but past few years... it is proven over and over again.

I don't like to bash brand and country. If that particular product is good, I will say it is good. If they are bad, I will say they are bad.

There are always balances somewhere which we must recognised and respect it.

I believe Xperia Z internal flash is Samsung made.

Sony Xperia Z FCC Teardown Gallery

Honestly speaking, the quality of the NAND chips are not really the issue for SSD. There are pretty high read/write cycle rated NAND chips used by the major SSDs nowadays.

The problem lies with the quality and the abilities of the network controllers found on the SSD.

A while back, the top SSDs all dependent on Sandforce which was arm-twisted by Intel because the latter helped to fix a major firmware issue but due to cross licensing issues (i believe), Sandforce was unable to roll out patches to its other SSD makers.
 

happily1986

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
110
HDD manufacturing is more complex than NAND / DRAM. How do you justify your own statement about Samsung SSD is top 3?

of course the entire production process of putting together the HDD is more complex than producing the NAND chip. For constructive purpose, do consider comparing to the process of producing a SSD instead. Which in any case by simple reasoning of # of moving parts, the HDD is more complex to produce than the SSD.

For e.g. SSD makers buy NAND chips from either 1st or 2nd source suppliers but HDD makers have to produce their own platters inhouse using sputtering.
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Honestly speaking, the quality of the NAND chips are not really the issue for SSD. There are pretty high read/write cycle rated NAND chips used by the major SSDs nowadays.

The problem lies with the quality and the abilities of the network controllers found on the SSD.

A while back, the top SSDs all dependent on Sandforce which was arm-twisted by Intel because the latter helped to fix a major firmware issue but due to cross licensing issues (i believe), Sandforce was unable to roll out patches to its other SSD makers.

Yes you right. But the problem is now long can the chip last.

I not interested in Speed since every controller is different.

Samsung and Curcial Controller is by far the most stable and constant.

SF I am not sure but under Intel sure is safe ( I smell something fishy here) LOL

Will only buy things I trust, since tested with LOL.
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
of course the entire production process of putting together the HDD is more complex than producing the NAND chip. For constructive purpose, do consider comparing to the process of producing a SSD instead. Which in any case by simple reasoning of # of moving parts, the HDD is more complex to produce than the SSD.

For e.g. SSD makers buy NAND chips from either 1st or 2nd source suppliers but HDD makers have to produce their own platters inhouse using sputtering.

Well explained!
Add on, I not sure but Toshiba used to have very good NAND chips... but recently they are pretty slient.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top