Official Xperia Z Thread

happily1986

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
110
Yes you right. But the problem is now long can the chip last.

I not interested in Speed since every controller is different.

Samsung and Curcial Controller is by far the most stable and constant.

SF I am not sure but under Intel sure is safe ( I smell something fishy here) LOL

Will only buy things I trust, since tested with LOL.

Taiwan-based Macronix has discovered that thermal treatment may be utilised to repair/reset the short read/write lifecycle of NAND chips. May be far from implementation.

Hot Flash: Researchers Use Heat to Counter NAND Flash Wear-n-Tear -
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
Anyone having problems with the GPS detection even after following the faq?

7) Help! Google locations/Maps is not working for me even though I have enable GPS!
Go to settings> Accounts > Google > Location Settings > Let google apps access your location
indoor or outdoor?
 

cuteoz

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
3
How much is XZ selling now? just saw Kasia selling XZ at $740 now.

I called kasia, and check there website, they state it at 810, where you get 740, I visited them 2 days also still 810, I think maybe you mistake the price..
 

Ben555

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Really no regrets getting my xperia z after seeing so many complaints about the features in s4 being useless and it heating up to 36 degree

Seems like characteristics of the chip. So in future a phone can be used for cooking too. How's the heat on ZL? Is is much better than Z?
 

yhw22

Master Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
4,941
Reaction score
374
Anyone having problems with the GPS detection even after following the faq?

7) Help! Google locations/Maps is not working for me even though I have enable GPS!
Go to settings> Accounts > Google > Location Settings > Let google apps access your location

Try re-start your phone. it should work. I also encountered it too. After re-starting, it works. :s13:
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Last edited:

hawkz02

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I'm facing some problem at the home screen. I need to tap top of the folder or icon to activate the app/open the folder. This happen after I disable some apps and also on the stamina option.
Anyone facing this problem??
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
We must compare Apple to Apple.

Most of the good flash chips came from Korea which they are widely use by Good Brands... that is why they have a good support.

I am not sure are you all into PC. Samsung SSD is top 3 most reliable SSD....

I used to look at them with a glare... but past few years... it is proven over and over again.

I don't like to bash brand and country. If that particular product is good, I will say it is good. If they are bad, I will say they are bad.

There are always balances somewhere which we must recognised and respect it.

I believe Xperia Z internal flash is Samsung made.

Sony Xperia Z FCC Teardown Gallery

Probably it will be good to show some photo that the internal flash is made by Samsung.=:p
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Yes. I check out the photos in the link you have posted. Only can see one chip with the "S" and cannot confirm that is is made by Samsung.

Please la, you go Google the list on who make NAND chips. Don't be ***. Seriously.
 

ringrain_78

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
236
Just switched over from BB.

I have got an issue with the email filing, when I ticked the email for filing, my folders are all jumbled up, not in any sequence and it's impossible to scroll through hundreds of folders/sub folders to correctly file that email.

I am using the native email program, with active sync to MS Exchange. Email is my most important need for my work...
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Sandisk? Looks like it, samsung always use capital A

You are right, I have done a search for SAMSUNG NAND and SanDisk NAND, it can be confirmed that Sony is using SanDisk NAND and not SAMSUNG NAND.

You can see the below photo of the NAND Chips from SAMSUNG and SanDisk :

SAMSUNG NAND


SanDisk NAND
 

alsonstc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
play RMVB format

Hi, I am new in Android. Can anyone enlighten me what player can I download in playstore for playing RMVB format movie?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top