Official Xperia Z Thread

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
what I dont understand is why people want to intentionally test their phone by constantly washing it, or going into the swimming pool deeper than recommended or even showering with the phone.

I mean, it all seems unnecessary to me.

just use it as a normal phone lah, like how phones were used before all these waterproof or water resistance crap came about.

unless u really need to use it under water, under the rain etc etc...

wash phone with soap? bad idea. i think soapy water is very thin and it can go in between gaps easily.

been using the phone since day 1 of its launch, i still dont see the need to dunk my phone into a bucket of ice to impress people, like some did. or bring it into the shower, like my fren did (which eventually spoilt the phone), or bring it into the pool like 2 meters deep.

in all honesty, i would prefer Sony to have an equivalent model of the xperia without this waterproofing crap, so that 1) price may be lower, 2) dont need to have the stupid water tight flaps which eventually spoil and require us to replace it at a cut throat price.

having so many of these covers or flaps for the usb port, earphone port etc.... is an ingenious solution to a problem that shouldnt have existed in the first place.


- end of my rant.
 

lekhte

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2012
Messages
689
Reaction score
0
what I dont understand is why people want to intentionally test their phone by constantly washing it, or going into the swimming pool deeper than recommended or even showering with the phone.

I mean, it all seems unnecessary to me.

just use it as a normal phone lah, like how phones were used before all these waterproof or water resistance crap came about.

unless u really need to use it under water, under the rain etc etc...

wash phone with soap? bad idea. i think soapy water is very thin and it can go in between gaps easily.

been using the phone since day 1 of its launch, i still dont see the need to dunk my phone into a bucket of ice to impress people, like some did. or bring it into the shower, like my fren did (which eventually spoilt the phone), or bring it into the pool like 2 meters deep.

in all honesty, i would prefer Sony to have an equivalent model of the xperia without this waterproofing crap, so that 1) price may be lower, 2) dont need to have the stupid water tight flaps which eventually spoil and require us to replace it at a cut throat price.

having so many of these covers or flaps for the usb port, earphone port etc.... is an ingenious solution to a problem that shouldnt have existed in the first place.


- end of my rant.
u are using xperia z?

in fact, there's a non-waterproof equivalent, call xperia ZL.

it was brought into Singapore, so local warranty.
 

Slackersg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2010
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
0
Huh?

Sorry but... why do you guys buy Z in the first place when you are skeptical about it's main selling point and still pay high price for it? :s11:
Please help me to understand this part.

Anyway, my Z finally shutdown for good.
The banging.. .continues at Bishan...
 
Last edited:

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
Huh?

Sorry but... why do you guys buy Z in the first place when you are skeptical about it's main selling point and still pay high price for it? :s11:
Please help me to understand this part.

Anyway, my Z finally shutdown for good.
The banging.. .continues at Bishan...
I didn't buy it for its waterproofing in the first place, and I didn't pay a high price for it too. ;)
 

Slackersg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2010
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
0
Orhhh... ok... got it..
I buy things to suit my lifestyle.. so different league.. :)
So i guess i have to do what my friend always reminded me before every biking: have you waterproof your water-resistant phone? :o
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
I never had much faith in all this waterproof thingy...all it takes is a tiny gap. If I'm the person who had already sent in twice due to water trouble, I definitely won't tempt fate again by washing the phone again.

simple solution:


stop putting your phone under the tap!

what I dont understand is why people want to intentionally test their phone by constantly washing it, or going into the swimming pool deeper than recommended or even showering with the phone.

I mean, it all seems unnecessary to me.

just use it as a normal phone lah, like how phones were used before all these waterproof or water resistance crap came about.

unless u really need to use it under water, under the rain etc etc...

wash phone with soap? bad idea. i think soapy water is very thin and it can go in between gaps easily.

been using the phone since day 1 of its launch, i still dont see the need to dunk my phone into a bucket of ice to impress people, like some did. or bring it into the shower, like my fren did (which eventually spoilt the phone), or bring it into the pool like 2 meters deep.

in all honesty, i would prefer Sony to have an equivalent model of the xperia without this waterproofing crap, so that 1) price may be lower, 2) dont need to have the stupid water tight flaps which eventually spoil and require us to replace it at a cut throat price.

having so many of these covers or flaps for the usb port, earphone port etc.... is an ingenious solution to a problem that shouldnt have existed in the first place.


- end of my rant.

u are using xperia z?

in fact, there's a non-waterproof equivalent, call xperia ZL.

it was brought into Singapore, so local warranty.

So far I am lucky no problems, is not water proof by the way. Ish water resistance....
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
I didn't buy it for its waterproofing in the first place, and I didn't pay a high price for it too. ;)

I am fine with the price, since knowing Android values drop within the first 3 months. It is nothing new if early adopters suffers the lost in $$. (I think everyone knows that)

Plus I brought it was because I am pretty attracted to Sony's design.

Water Resistance is just a additional bonus.
 
Last edited:

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Orhhh... ok... got it..
I buy things to suit my lifestyle.. so different league.. :)
So i guess i have to do what my friend always reminded me before every biking: have you waterproof your water-resistant phone? :o

You really super suay. I been washing here and there so far ok.

I even removed my ASF lol.
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Hi! all. i have a rooted 4.1.2 Xperia Z. Trying to use flashtool to flash a generic 4.3 firmware. But whenever i connect in flash mode. when i click flash, the phone keeps boot up normally & flash tool would say flash cancelled. i tried enabling & disabling USB debug mode, change from MTP to MSC as instructed but i still can't get it to flash the firmware. Any one can help? I don't want to update to kitkat due to the battery drain issue.

If you are on rooted firmware. Go try custom ROM.

I am on custom 4.4.2 and there are no issues of battery draining. ^^
 

Slackersg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2010
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
0
I know it is water resistant and not waterproof just in case.
What i did was just soap and rinse, not submerged for few good minutes or like what they used to advertised, take it to shower with me. LOL
 

wolvie77

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
2,147
Reaction score
15
If you are on rooted firmware. Go try custom ROM.

I am on custom 4.4.2 and there are no issues of battery draining. ^^

I am on stock rom. Don't intend to go custom. Anyone can advice why i can't flash stock 4.3? The phone boots up normally whenever i choose the file & hit flash.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,787
Reaction score
2,793
u are using xperia z?

in fact, there's a non-waterproof equivalent, call xperia ZL.

it was brought into Singapore, so local warranty.


yes, using Z.

aiyah Z was launched first mah.

it was the first to be sold by sony and the telcos.

i kan cheong spider bought it on the first day.

cant rmb about ZL and its prices.

if i had a choice, i would be happier to pay a lower price for an equivalent of Z without its water resistance feature.

maybe the speakers would turn out to be louder and better sounding too?
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
yes, using Z.

aiyah Z was launched first mah.

it was the first to be sold by sony and the telcos.

i kan cheong spider bought it on the first day.

cant rmb about ZL and its prices.

if i had a choice, i would be happier to pay a lower price for an equivalent of Z without its water resistance feature.

maybe the speakers would turn out to be louder and better sounding too?

Yesh ZL speaker is louder and nicer!
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
I am on stock rom. Don't intend to go custom. Anyone can advice why i can't flash stock 4.3? The phone boots up normally whenever i choose the file & hit flash.

Did you put your phone to flash mode before connecting to the computer?
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
Yes. But when the screen shows preparing files to flash, after a while, the phone boots mormally & screen says flash canceleed

You may have connected the phone too early. What I normally do is to select the flash file first, then wait until the prompt comes up for me to connect my phone, before I actually connect the phone via flash mode.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top