OLA EC @ Anchorvale

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464

captain huat

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
4,140
Reaction score
85
$2m EC. Hohohoho.

Developer think they can con buyers with their widespread marketing on radio, tv and public transport. Maybe yes?

Kind advice to those interest in this project would be to boycott this unscrupulous developer this weekend. Logical sales figure should be 10%.

Unscrupulous?

U want to pass such a strong judgement, pls clarify it with facts.

Dun just be a hot air balloon.

Oh wait. U are a cold air balloon. Lolx.
 

YHLiang

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
10
I wonder if price for 21/3 is not acceptable, then rise in 22/3 how? Will many rush this sat before price up on sun. Hmm
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
$2m EC. Hohohoho.

Developer think they can con buyers with their widespread marketing on radio, tv and public transport. Maybe yes?

Kind advice to those interest in this project would be to boycott this unscrupulous developer this weekend. Logical sales figure should be 10%.

Unscrupulous? I'm sorry I think it's overpriced but they are not doing anything illegal lol.

Everyone wants to buy and sell higher after MOP, so entry cost becomes higher and higher every time. Don't agree with the price then just don't buy. Unless they promise you all the carpentry but end up give u a bare unit, then that is called unscrupulous.

The 2nd highest bid for this project is just 2 cents lower psf. It's not just one single developer that bid high.

Food for thought: What if the pricing for ECs are controlled according to land valuation, and it's up to the developers to bid as high as they can (the higher the bid the smaller the profit margin).
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
I wonder if price for 21/3 is not acceptable, then rise in 22/3 how? Will many rush this sat before price up on sun. Hmm

It's a marketing gimmick to make people feel like they have to sign on the spot. Take it as an early bird discount. All launches have it.
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
"Nearly half of the units are priced lower than or equal to existing executive condominium stocks on a psf basis, OLA developer Anchorvale said."

Because almost every other ECs don't have stacks facing the hospital :s22::s13:

The other half more expensive, that’s what they are saying.

Land bid price was similar to the rest. They drove up the cost themselves by wasting money on marketing and “$500k chandelier”.
 

Path-Finder

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Yes i believe so, there r probably a group of ppl who dropped PG earlier on thinking Ola might be cheaper due to the poorer location n resale competition posed by Vales and Treasure Crest. PG will surely be one of the beneficiary of such absurd pricing by Ola

Haha not sure some of them will go back to buy PG instead. 12xxpsf for Sengkang EC under such climate. one word, “Siao!!”
 

Emolisher

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
423
Reaction score
2
Yes i believe so, there r probably a group of ppl who dropped PG earlier on thinking Ola might be cheaper due to the poorer location n resale competition posed by Vales and Treasure Crest. PG will surely be one of the beneficiary of such absurd pricing by Ola

This is the same tactic used by developers in Hong Kong, which new release are always more expensive than the previous one, and interested buyer have to fall back to the previous one.
 

A11Glory2H1M

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
My agent has been telling me really attractive pricing. I fail to see it no matter how I look.

Of course the price is so attractive to put me away. I haven’t visited the SF yet and after looking at the price list I will give this a miss. Adding 50 psf for my resale levy, I will be paying close to $1200 psf where I can get a PC down the road with the oversupply in the market. Good luck to the rest who is happy to buy. You must all rejoice as I m giving my less than 300th place. I m out of this gamble. With the recession round the corner, be wise. Pls buy only if u can really afford to be jobless at least 1- 2 years.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
Of course the price is so attractive to put me away. I haven’t visited the SF yet and after looking at the price list I will give this a miss. Adding 50 psf for my resale levy, I will be paying close to $1200 psf where I can get a PC down the road with the oversupply in the market. Good luck to the rest who is happy to buy. You must all rejoice as I m giving my less than 300th place. I m out of this gamble. With the recession round the corner, be wise. Pls buy only if u can really afford to be jobless at least 1- 2 years.
Like I said earlier, along with resale levy, new ECs are no longer for the sandwiched class.
 

momoeagle

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,800
Reaction score
519
The other half more expensive, that’s what they are saying.

Land bid price was similar to the rest. They drove up the cost themselves by wasting money on marketing and “$500k chandelier”.

$500k chandelier adds only $1 per unit.

It's the TV ads that kills. Non prime time already costs about $200k I think to be played a few times. I think roughly 5m splashed on TV. Or average $10k per unit.

100 hours free training, minimally charged at $30 per hour, would be $3k per unit.

These are the "freebies" thrown in "at the cost of the developer".
 

bigherosg

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
1,756
Reaction score
279
Yes i believe so, there r probably a group of ppl who dropped PG earlier on thinking Ola might be cheaper due to the poorer location n resale competition posed by Vales and Treasure Crest. PG will surely be one of the beneficiary of such absurd pricing by Ola

Price high to help the rest sell finish. After then reduce price.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015

Guorong

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Of course the price is so attractive to put me away. I haven’t visited the SF yet and after looking at the price list I will give this a miss. Adding 50 psf for my resale levy, I will be paying close to $1200 psf where I can get a PC down the road with the oversupply in the market. Good luck to the rest who is happy to buy. You must all rejoice as I m giving my less than 300th place. I m out of this gamble. With the recession round the corner, be wise. Pls buy only if u can really afford to be jobless at least 1- 2 years.

Can share what is this resale levy of 50 psf?
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
318
Yes i believe so, there r probably a group of ppl who dropped PG earlier on thinking Ola might be cheaper due to the poorer location n resale competition posed by Vales and Treasure Crest. PG will surely be one of the beneficiary of such absurd pricing by Ola

Truly agree, in fact , the last few weeks ever since Ola launched, PG sales has moved quite a bit.. yst itself we sold 2 units..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top