OLA EC @ Anchorvale

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ola_ph.jpg

Ola penthouse looks good!

Wonder how much is the price.

I think the kitchen might be quite dark with 4 walls, a door and yard opening at the corner which is already somewhat out of the main kitchen boundary.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Looks good! I feel very jealous and sandwich when I look at this

I could easily bought this if there wasnt a ceiling for EC.

Sad.

Sometimes I do have the same struggle like u. It always feels good to live in a bigger size unit at cheaper price compared to a PC of smaller size but more expensive.
But ultimately, the logical side of me keep reminding myself location x3 even at the expense of compromising a little bit of space, at a higher price but better in locality.
And yes, MOP is another deterring factor.

Last edited:

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I do have the same struggle like u. It always feels good to live in a bigger size unit at cheaper price compared to a PC of smaller size but more expensive.
But ultimately, the logical side of me keep reminding myself location x3 even at the expense of compromising a little bit of space, at a higher price but better in locality.
And yes, MOP is another deterring factor.

But if u drive location off a bit also nvm ma... For 1.5M I can hardly buy a 3br condo in good location le, somemore probably will be a 3br compact

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But if u drive location off a bit also nvm ma... For 1.5M I can hardly buy a 3br condo in good location le, somemore probably will be a 3br compact

I think even if you drive a good location still makes a difference because the tenant base would be different, the overall project feel would be dependent on the locale and if you have kids or other half not driving that can be an issue too.

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think even if you drive a good location still makes a difference because the tenant base would be different, the overall project feel would be dependent on the locale and if you have kids or other half not driving that can be an issue too.

But I would buy for own stay, don't care if can rent a not. Also I prefer development which has less tenants, unfortunately not the case these days with new launches. Many trying to rent out (but I think large majority still empty)

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I would buy for own stay, don't care if can rent a not. Also I prefer development which has less tenants, unfortunately not the case these days with new launches. Many trying to rent out (but I think large majority still empty)

Then I think alright, if only yourself and you own a car. Cos different ppl have different preferences, but largely a good location is well sought after.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

Then u will like EC cos the first 5 yrs by right canot rent out, so no tenants.. having said that, there are some by left one oso ya, will still ‘rent’ out their ‘rooms’

greyice

Reaction score
Even after mop of 5 yrs, most people do no rent out. You can do a quick search on etc that just mop not Long ago, you hardly find any unit available.

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
Even after mop of 5 yrs, most people do no rent out. You can do a quick search on etc that just mop not Long ago, you hardly find any unit available.

EC normally the location not so ideal. hard to find tenant, might as well sell and get profit $ to buy 2 properties?

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then I think alright, if only yourself and you own a car. Cos different ppl have different preferences, but largely a good location is well sought after.

Yeah I mean if me I sure whack the penthouse, own stay I think location is a trade off lo, where got cheap n good location one right? Haha

If I wanna buy good location 5 br penthouse, probably need 6M

condovshdb

Reaction score
How’s the morning traffic towards YCK Road?

I drive but don’t take CTE to avoid ERP

For me I currently stay very very near to the site of Ola and it checks all the boxes for me:

- near in law's who just moved to fernvale (they look after my kid)
- near hospital - I see it as a pro more than a con. You actually dont hear sirens that much, in fact I'd say it's quite rare.
- nearby a new hawker centre that's being built at anchorvale village
- can dispose current BTO 6 months after TOP, save on rental and having to time and nego the move with both buyer and seller if buying resale condo
- I actually like living in this area very much!
- may be my last chance to buy a "discounted condo"

All the other ECs surrounding Ola will hit MOP by the time Ola TOP in 2023 - I wonder if that timing was on purpose, and would it help with resale value of Ola it being the newest on the lot. Buyers may be more attracted to new? And when it hits 10 years, the surrounding ECs will be "oldish" at 15 years. Even Rivercove (900psf) is gonna TOP this year.

I wonder then would buyers compare Ola to Parc Botannia (~1300psf, TOP 2020) given the age of these 2 developments..

The two empty plots nearby have been zoned for schools as well. Maybe Ola will be able to ride on that for capital appreciation too?

antitrust

Reaction score
How’s the morning traffic towards YCK Road?

I drive but don’t take CTE to avoid ERP

Quite bearable to be honest. I find it a better drive than KPE to ECP and TPE to Changi. I've driven all these routes on peak for some time before.

From fernvale to Scotts road around 20-25 mins if I start my journey from fernvale. Dont go YCK - enter expressway from Jalan Kayu / Seletar. YCK either you kena queue cutters or you bo bian cut the queue yourself...

D19homesweethome

Reaction score
My agency is the appointed agency for Ola EC. Showflat preview starts 15 Feb. If you are keen, do pm me to schedule a vip preview for you when the showflat opens. :)

condovshdb

Reaction score
Quite bearable to be honest. I find it a better drive than KPE to ECP and TPE to Changi. I've driven all these routes on peak for some time before.

From fernvale to Scotts road around 20-25 mins if I start my journey from fernvale. Dont go YCK - enter expressway from Jalan Kayu / Seletar. YCK either you kena queue cutters or you bo bian cut the queue yourself...

thanks for the input

what do u guys think of developers' track record?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Just tell them it is of Spanish theme :s13:

You know... developer's attempt at a selling point.

Been to the showflat yesterday, tbh, its trying to promote the spanish theme, which to me is irrelevant.. got ‘gallery’ of the paintings( like those we see in the ads).. games corner for the kids.. Facilities wise, pretty standard, but the entrance part looks pretty nice..

iphone1s

Reaction score
must always think 20 years ahead.

Look at all the old condos now, look like ghetto.

Hope your OLA don't turn into spanish fly. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.