OLA EC @ Anchorvale

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Been to the showflat yesterday, tbh, its trying to promote the spanish theme, which to me is irrelevant.. got ‘gallery’ of the paintings( like those we see in the ads).. games corner for the kids.. Facilities wise, pretty standard, but the entrance part looks pretty nice..

Entrance of showflat doesn't sell.
Spanish theme doesn't attract me.

The telehealth service is interesting, and I feel like it compliments being beside a hospital.

Now the problem comes.... With the virus on-going, and SKGH being like "ground zero" with an isolated patient, will there still be crowds at the showroom?

Then, the other concern is in the longer term... Let's say another epidemic occurs, would you dare to take the LRT that is just beside the hospital, with lots of patients bringing germs and viruses in and out of the hospital to the LRT station?

To me.... I want to study how Ola is going to be sold with the launch date just after the virus outbreak, if it is sold at a high psf. Good lesson on marketing.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ola should tear down showflat and rebuild near Mrt away from hospital. That way, people won't be reminded of Wuhan Virus.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Entrance of showflat doesn't sell.
Spanish theme doesn't attract me.

The telehealth service is interesting, and I feel like it compliments being beside a hospital.

Now the problem comes.... With the virus on-going, and SKGH being like "ground zero" with an isolated patient, will there still be crowds at the showroom?

Then, the other concern is in the longer term... Let's say another epidemic occurs, would you dare to take the LRT that is just beside the hospital, with lots of patients bringing germs and viruses in and out of the hospital to the LRT station?

To me.... I want to study how Ola is going to be sold with the launch date just after the virus outbreak, if it is sold at a high psf. Good lesson on marketing.

Ady receive updates fr developer, the pricing is $1080-1150psf.. similar to PC

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Ady receive updates fr developer, the pricing is $1080-1150psf.. similar to PC

Thanks for the update. Not really unexpected given the over zealous bidding by the developers previously, who then expect buyers to flock to them to bail them out so that they can still make a profit.

I am now pretty sure I will give this EC a miss.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite pricy considering quite a bit of existing EC 900+ psf can get

They really no choice if they want to make a profit.
Have to let buyers bail them out of the high costs paid.

The problem with EC scheme is that it is based on land bidding by developers, unlike HDBs. It makes sense that eventually, EC pricing will gravitate towards PC prices, such that eventually EC scheme "fails".

And developers with multiple launches will usually also price each new launch higher and higher so that previous launches appear cheaper and move. Excellent pricing strategy in a capitalist economy.

One also has to consider resale levy. For a 5 rm flat owner, it is $45k. So for 1000 sqft unit, it is additional $45k. This will push up the pricing to $1125~ $1195 psf.

I also did a quick calculation for the Ola PH unit of 1722 sqft. At $1080 psf, along with resale levy, it would be $1.9 mil.

Comparatively, at Parc Botannia, a 1507 sqft unit just went for $1137 psf in Jan 2020 at about $1.7 mil.

WarChild86

Reaction score
It seems like the pricing model for new launch ECs are here to stay; similar to that if new launch PCs, which has up and up.

End of day, as long as the place is where you want to stay, just go ahead. If one is always concerned about pricing and prioritizing earnings as first, might as well stay in HDB and invest in somewhere else instead for better returns.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
They really no choice if they want to make a profit.
Have to let buyers bail them out of the high costs paid.

The problem with EC scheme is that it is based on land bidding by developers, unlike HDBs. It makes sense that eventually, EC pricing will gravitate towards PC prices, such that eventually EC scheme "fails".

And developers with multiple launches will usually also price each new launch higher and higher so that previous launches appear cheaper and move. Excellent pricing strategy in a capitalist economy.

One also has to consider resale levy. For a 5 rm flat owner, it is $45k. So for 1000 sqft unit, it is additional $45k. This will push up the pricing to $1125~ $1195 psf.

I also did a quick calculation for the Ola PH unit of 1722 sqft. At $1080 psf, along with resale levy, it would be $1.9 mil.

Comparatively, at Parc Botannia, a 1507 sqft unit just went for $1137 psf in Jan 2020 at about $1.7 mil.

The quantum seems too high for a development that imposes an income ceiling of $16,000. A couple can get a max loan of about 1mil to 1.2mil and have to come up with the rest thru selling existing place n cash, how many can do it?

That being said, not like got a lot of penthouse on offer here lol

And you are right about Parc Botannia, no resale levy and if I not wrong you also get the private lift lobby

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct! Master toilet comes with double sink too.

QCD4JNF.jpg

And you are right about Parc Botannia, no resale levy and if I not wrong you also get the private lift lobby

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
sembawang vs sengkang, miles apart

err.. im not saying Sembawang is same as Sengkang leh.. i'm just updating the Ola prices here and stating the fact that the prices of Ola is similar to Parc Canberra even though its in different locality.. for the same pricing, which one is better? up to u to decide cos i'm not the one buying..

dragonbryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Err.. if u are talking about new ECs, then confirm canot get at 9xxpsf.. cos the cheapest one at the moment oso 10xx psf le..

Ummmm bro, as mentioned in my reply that you quoted, I'm talking about existing EC..... I mean why would you want to buy new EC at such steep price. Should let the developers burn they finger then we all would have good choices. If not they just keep pushing prices up and buyer pays for their mistake of bidding high prices for the land

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Ummmm bro, as mentioned in my reply that you quoted, I'm talking about existing EC..... I mean why would you want to buy new EC at such steep price. Should let the developers burn they finger then we all would have good choices. If not they just keep pushing prices up and buyer pays for their mistake of bidding high prices for the land

oh, u referring to resale ECs .. if resale ECs at 9xx psf vs New EC at 10xx psf, which one will u get ? who doesn't like new things? new car, new house.. new wife?? hahah, just kidding..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.