OLA EC @ Anchorvale

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya lor. Developers must be rather crazy to build and sell $1.8M EC hor?

Must see who the developer also bah, Hoi Hup's finishings for Parc Canberra is disappointing for me but Ola need do e-app to see the showflat, and I abit can't be bothered.

So with mid quality finishings, developers still can save money while selling at higher price because EC is still a "cheaper" condo option.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must see who the developer also bah, Hoi Hup's finishings for Parc Canberra is disappointing for me but Ola need do e-app to see the showflat, and I abit can't be bothered.

So with mid quality finishings, developers still can save money while selling at higher price because EC is still a "cheaper" condo option.

EC finishing are always be a tad lower than PC though imo. HoiHup is quite an esteemed developer in the EC market which is good. It’s also better to buy projects from reputable developers, thus Piermont Grand by CDL sees good take up rate.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
If one can afford Watercove or Shoreline Residences, why would he be looking at OLA. Big price difference.

Thats what they are talking about mah, the loan you get for EC and loan you get for private differs greatly. Meaning a couple earning 16k/mth can have different options.

And like I said earlier, I'm estimating Ola's penthouse 5 bedders to transact at 1.75mil to 1.8mil. Which would be a price that I would expect to get a unit at Shoreline Residences, using the last transacted price. I'm talking solely about price in this scenario.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats what they are talking about mah, the loan you get for EC and loan you get for private differs greatly. Meaning a couple earning 16k/mth can have different options.

And like I said earlier, I'm estimating Ola's penthouse 5 bedders to transact at 1.75mil to 1.8mil. Which would be a price that I would expect to get a unit at Shoreline Residences, using the last transacted price. I'm talking solely about price in this scenario.

I didn’t see any seller listing on 99.co for both Shoreline and Watercove at below 2mil though, while there is one at Shoreline at 1.8xmil transacted in 2018 it should be an outlier transaction. All recent ones are 2mil up.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see any seller listing on 99.co for both Shoreline and Watercove at below 2mil though, while there is one at Shoreline at 1.8xmil transacted in 2018 it should be an outlier transaction. All recent ones are 2mil up.

they list damn long le, and 2.1mil is already losing for them liao lol, see how lor, I doubt 2.08 de is non negotiable

anyway i threw that up cause Watercove was mentioned, just wanted to show that Watercove at 2.3mil might also not be profitable, even in long run.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

I already decided not to visit the Ola showflat. Didn't even know need to e-app to see.

Regarding finishings, I agree is damn important. Relative's house is in Bellewaters, and the flooring in the bedroom is breaking apart already before MOP. Relative says no choice, was already considered when buying. Just wait till everything break apart then redo better quality one.

Developer is Qingjian, same developer as HPR. I don't know how HPR finishings will be like.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
How far we are from the $1600psf?

People are still buying at these prices. That's why Singaporeans are really rich.

Man, EC launches should be raised further to $1200 or $1300 psf, and eventually even hit $1600 psf to be similar to SKG launch price, since people are willing to pay higher and higher.

Agents earn more since it is % commission, developers earn more. Buyers also have more paper gains. Everyone wins in this win-win situation!

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
HPR refers to?

I already decided not to visit the Ola showflat. Didn't even know need to e-app to see.

Regarding finishings, I agree is damn important. Relative's house is in Bellewaters, and the flooring in the bedroom is breaking apart already before MOP. Relative says no choice, was already considered when buying. Just wait till everything break apart then redo better quality one.

Developer is Qingjian, same developer as HPR. I don't know how HPR finishings will be like.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HPR as in High Park Residences ?
If it is, it wasn’t build by Qingjian. High park developer is CEL.

Qingjian projects are Jadescape, Visionaire, Inz , Le quest.

Last edited:

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score

If the developer so yaya need eapp then can visit show room , means they v confident to sell out. Which I think likely will sell out too. Suggest you skip this too. Just enjoy your life in your current home. Your situation is different from those EC buyers anyway. You dun mind stay put, dun mind resales and prefer big unit with a tight budget

For example my case, my first HDB is small, and can sell 4xxk. We want to upgrade bigger unit, only want new flat but not eligible for
2nd timer bto anymore. And even if eligible, chance to get it is very slim cause always oversubscribed. For my ec purchase, it is 8xxk, meaning i just need to top up my loan by another 400k. Some resales HDB already selling over a million, so I guess those sellers might be the ones buying those more expense EC like the 1.6million EC.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
If the developer so yaya need eapp then can visit show room , means they v confident to sell out. Which I think likely will sell out too. Suggest you skip this too. Just enjoy your life in your current home. Your situation is different from those EC buyers anyway. You dun mind stay put, dun mind resales and prefer big unit with a tight budget

For example my case, my first HDB is small, and can sell 4xxk. We want to upgrade bigger unit, only want new flat but not eligible for
2nd timer bto anymore. And even if eligible, chance to get it is very slim cause always oversubscribed. For my ec purchase, it is 8xxk, meaning i just need to top up my loan by another 400k. Some resales HDB already selling over a million, so I guess those sellers might be the ones buying those more expense EC like the 1.6million EC.
Don't think they yaya la. More like crowd control due to virus.

Congrats on your EC purchase. I guess you bought early, so should be at least 1000 sqft.
First HDB is a 4-rm, so it is almost the same size or bigger.

My situation is, first HDB is a 5-rm of 1200 sqft.
If I want a bigger unit, which I am still looking, and also a new one, BTO does not offer it. So? Must either tio Toto or resign to fate lor.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't think they yaya la. More like crowd control due to virus.

Congrats on your EC purchase. I guess you bought early, so should be at least 1000 sqft.
First HDB is a 4-rm, so it is almost the same size or bigger.

My situation is, first HDB is a 5-rm of 1200 sqft.
If I want a bigger unit, which I am still looking, and also a new one, BTO does not offer it. So? Must either tio Toto or resign to fate lor.

I think I lucky buy early. Just 2years ago only. 1066sf, so I think slightly bigger than HDB 4 room. I thinking 5years reach mop to decouple and buy another private if can, or if need 10years then too long already.

For me, not many options next time already. If price go up, even if I sell high, I have to buy high. I hoping for price to drop so I can own 1 more condo but unlikely also.

For you, if u still eligible and want new one, just keep applying bto as 2nd timer. Maybe you lucky within 2years can get. U not in a hurry anyway

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are right! :s13:
Dunno why I kept thinking it was by QJ

Qingjian projects seems meh, if I see Jadescape, Bellewoods, LeQuest.

CDL projects seems good- think CocoPalms, SKGrand, Amber45

I also wondered how important is a developer when considering whether to purchase a project.

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I lucky buy early. Just 2years ago only. 1066sf, so I think slightly bigger than HDB 4 room. I thinking 5years reach mop to decouple and buy another private if can, or if need 10years then too long already.

For me, not many options next time already. If price go up, even if I sell high, I have to buy high. I hoping for price to drop so I can own 1 more condo but unlikely also.

For you, if u still eligible and want new one, just keep applying bto as 2nd timer. Maybe you lucky within 2years can get. U not in a hurry anyway
2nd BTO also don't have much bigger flat than current size.

I waiting for Fernvale Lane EC and see the land bid price to decide the next move.
Cuz by then, savings would have increase further.

Like you said, no hurry anyway.

Alternatively, if Fernvale Lane EC is too high, I could also consider Seletar Park Residences (just beside), small enclave at ~$1k psf for the large units I want.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
Amber Park ba?
Amber45 by UOL leh

Qingjian projects seems meh, if I see Jadescape, Bellewoods, LeQuest.

CDL projects seems good- think CocoPalms, SKGrand, Amber45

I also wondered how important is a developer when considering whether to purchase a project.

SunnyCasa

Reaction score
Ya agreed. I like the Showflat effort on Amber Park by CDL. No doubt UOL is also another developer that understand buyers needs very well. :)

Oh apologies. Haha UOL project also nice then, cos it was Amber45 that caught my eyes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.