OLA EC @ Anchorvale

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Ex colleague bought scala through resale a number of years back, she told me it took her quite Long to see price break even in terms of profit margin.

It’s seems like the trend now for all resale has a ceiling price tag and once it reaches certain age, the price will remain stagnant for quite Long.


Bro, then try to imagine buyers of OLA at 12xx psf. When they need to sell as resale 7 years later after MOP what are their exit options? Likely to profit?

I am just presenting other available options for these group of would-be buyers...in the end dyodd and decide.
 
Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Bro, then try to imagine buyers of OLA at 12xx psf. When they need to sell as resale 7 years later after MOP what are their exit options? Likely to profit?

I am just presenting other available options for these group of would-be buyers...in the end dyodd and decide.

Bro, Something interesting I observed recent years.
First owner may not necessary lose money even they may pay a little higher for new launch.
But resale buyers can face difficulty in achieving profit gain despite they buy it much cheaper than new launch in same district. There seems to have a price ceiling once certain age of the property is reached.

So honestly, I can’t predict what’s gonna happen to ola in 7-8 years time.
Else why the sails can only transact at 16xxpsf despite its immaculate location? In fact, since 2013, I had already observed jgateway was priced higher than the sail in terms of its psf. One is at Jurong and the other at Marina. Lol
Sometimes, property investment is not about logic. I do factor in human behavior as well. :D
 
Last edited:

SethNg

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
Bro, Something interesting I observed recently.
First owner may not necessary lose money even they may pay a little higher for new launch.
But resale buyers can face difficulty in achieving profit gain despite they buy it much cheaper than new launch in same district. There seems to have a price ceiling once certain age of the property is reached.

So honestly, I can’t predict what’s gonna happen to ola in 7-8 years time.
Else why the sails can only transact at 16xxpsf despite its immaculate location? In fact, since 2013, I had already observed jgateway was priced higher than the sail in terms of its psf. One is at Jurong and the other at Marina. Lol
Sometimes, property investment is not about logic. I do factor in human behavior as well. :D
At the end of the day, there’ll always be a price gap between new launches and resale. When the gap gets too wide, resale prices will then increase to narrow it (since both will be resale some day) it’s just a matter of how wide can the gap go before it reflects in resale pricing.



OLA has numerous direct competitors in their surrounding, which makes it challenging. But then again ECs can only be sold after 8 years. By then property prices in SG/OCR would’ve reached new heights, wouldn’t be surprised if they makes a profit even with the absurdly high entry price
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
At the end of the day, there’ll always be a price gap between new launches and resale. When the gap gets too wide, resale prices will then increase to narrow it (since both will be resale some day) it’s just a matter of how wide can the gap go before it reflects in resale pricing.



OLA has numerous direct competitors in their surrounding, which makes it challenging. But then again ECs can only be sold after 8 years. By then property prices in SG/OCR would’ve reached new heights, wouldn’t be surprised if they makes a profit even with the absurdly high entry price

Wanted to write a long rebuttal but realized you are an agent. The rest just read his comments with caution...
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
Bro, Something interesting I observed recent years.
First owner may not necessary lose money even they may pay a little higher for new launch.
But resale buyers can face difficulty in achieving profit gain despite they buy it much cheaper than new launch in same district. There seems to have a price ceiling once certain age of the property is reached.

So honestly, I can’t predict what’s gonna happen to ola in 7-8 years time.
Else why the sails can only transact at 16xxpsf despite its immaculate location? In fact, since 2013, I had already observed jgateway was priced higher than the sail in terms of its psf. One is at Jurong and the other at Marina. Lol
Sometimes, property investment is not about logic. I do factor in human behavior as well. :D

Actually D1 not exactly immaculate, it’s only good for cbd workers. Those with family unlikely to stay there. But if d19 is priced close to d1 then obviously something is wrong.
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Actually D1 not exactly immaculate, it’s only good for cbd workers. Those with family unlikely to stay there. But if d19 is priced close to d1 then obviously something is wrong.

May I kindly ask which District in immaculate then in your opinion, since D1 is not exactly immaculate?
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Actually D1 not exactly immaculate, it’s only good for cbd workers. Those with family unlikely to stay there. But if d19 is priced close to d1 then obviously something is wrong.

D19 like Florence, affinity and gardens are already priced near or same to the sail already.
But yet, many still go for new launch.
Perhaps many are worried the sail’s lease clock is ticking.
Or perhaps brand new is always the best! :D
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
May I kindly ask which District in immaculate then in your opinion, since D1 is not exactly immaculate?

It depends, really. For lonely and single man like you, it may be perfect. No need to send kids to school, no need to do frequent grocery shopping, no need to buy food for family and don't mind living in ghost town on weekends. :s8:
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
It depends, really. For lonely and single man like you, it may be perfect. No need to send kids to school, no need to do frequent grocery shopping, no need to buy food for family and don't mind living in ghost town on weekends. :s8:

Haha I totally don’t get it, I was only seeking an opinion from you yet you had to resort to such personal attacks. Speaks volume of your character yo.

Pls refer back, I asked: “in your opinion what is the best district”
 

holasingapura

Master Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
3,263
Reaction score
464
Haha I totally don’t get it, I was only seeking an opinion from you yet you had to resort to such personal attacks. Speaks volume of your character yo.

Pls refer back, I asked: “in your opinion what is the best district”

I replied "it depends, really". for single man like you, yes it is immaculate. :o
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Bro, Something interesting I observed recent years.
First owner may not necessary lose money even they may pay a little higher for new launch.
But resale buyers can face difficulty in achieving profit gain despite they buy it much cheaper than new launch in same district. There seems to have a price ceiling once certain age of the property is reached.

So honestly, I can’t predict what’s gonna happen to ola in 7-8 years time.
Else why the sails can only transact at 16xxpsf despite its immaculate location? In fact, since 2013, I had already observed jgateway was priced higher than the sail in terms of its psf. One is at Jurong and the other at Marina. Lol
Sometimes, property investment is not about logic. I do factor in human behavior as well. :D

Similarly, new launch may not make much or anything when resale.

Since you mentioned j gateway, which was launched about 1700 psf...today you can see selling at 1,6xx to 18xx psf. If you add in absd admin etc etc... for a 99 lh, is it worth it?

Did those who buy during launch for investment now say ‘ what sxxx, I should not have bought’ or would they say ‘I did not regret buying a unit...made money..good buy worth it’?

If it were my money, I would buy D1 (1,6xx) instead of FAG (1,6xx) or J gateway (1,7xx)
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
D19 like Florence, affinity and gardens are already priced near or same to the sail already.
But yet, many still go for new launch.
Perhaps many are worried the sail’s lease clock is ticking.
Or perhaps brand new is always the best! :D

This is the part I do not understand.
If it were my money, I would not buy FAG (F, A or G), I think you agree as well.
 

SethNg

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
Wanted to write a long rebuttal but realized you are an agent. The rest just read his comments with caution...
Wow "the rest just read his comments with caution..." makes it feel like you're on the side of justice or something. :s13: Anyway, I didn't go: "buy OLA! sure earn!!", I'm just not denying the possibility of property prices going up in the future, and that it could get reflected in OLA's prices 8years down the road since property prices are estimated to double by 2030.(note that I did not say its a good buy, also mentioned that I think the pricing is absurd)


Would love to read your long rebuttal and understand your thought process on why is it a definite no though.
 

SethNg

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
Similarly, new launch may not make much or anything when resale.

Since you mentioned j gateway, which was launched about 1700 psf...today you can see selling at 1,6xx to 18xx psf. If you add in absd admin etc etc... for a 99 lh, is it worth it?

Did those who buy during launch for investment now say ‘ what sxxx, I should not have bought’ or would they say ‘I did not regret buying a unit...made money..good buy worth it’?

If it were my money, I would buy D1 (1,6xx) instead of FAG (1,6xx) or J gateway (1,7xx)
https://imgur.com/2aiXrcQ

Not sure if this is the same J gateway that you guys are referring to, if it's the same then launch price was at an avg of 1480psf, selling at ~15xx - 18xx now. Not the highest appreciation we've seen in the market but I don't think its bad until owners will regret tho

Only 1 unprofitable transaction as of now, loss of $9,700.. this guy confirm regret. Maybe those few that bought 1 bedder late into the launch at 1,7xxpsf also(their profits only 50-60k, may not earn anything after considering stamp duties/additional fees). The other ~40 owners should be celebrating
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
https://imgur.com/2aiXrcQ

Not sure if this is the same J gateway that you guys are referring to, if it's the same then launch price was at an avg of 1480psf, selling at ~15xx - 18xx now. Not the highest appreciation we've seen in the market but I don't think its bad until owners will regret tho

Only 1 unprofitable transaction as of now, loss of $9,700.. this guy confirm regret. Maybe those few that bought 1 bedder late into the launch at 1,7xxpsf also(their profits only 50-60k, may not earn anything after considering stamp duties/additional fees). The other ~40 owners should be celebrating

Yes, launch was 1400 to 1778 psf (given in second link below)... somehow the 1650/ 1700 stuck with me till today.. still remembered the most expensive ocr at that time

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/bullish-prices-for-jurong-condo-launch

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.asiaone.com/jurong-east-condo-almost-sold-out-launch-day%3famp
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top