Old PC got prob, need help!

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

DawnsTear

Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
338
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

My PC keep randomly having black screen prob with 'hanging' noise in the background. But when I stress test it, nth happen.. really weird..

Spec:-
Proc - AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black (Prime95 test for 12h, stock nvr OC)
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
GPU - Powercolor HD7950 PCS+ 3GB (Furmark test for 6h, stock nvr OC)
RAM - Kingston DDR3 1333mhz 2GB*4 (Memtest 2 times, no error)
PSU - Seasonic M12II-620W

Anti Virus - MSE and Malwarebyte(Free)

I also reformat and try revert to old GPU driver 14.4 to 13.12..
I try everything I know, still this prob persist.. Anyone got this prob b4 ?

TIA!
 

fleas1

Senior Member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
819
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

My PC keep randomly having black screen prob with 'hanging' noise in the background. But when I stress test it, nth happen.. really weird..

Spec:-
Proc - AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black (Prime95 test for 12h, stock nvr OC)
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
GPU - Powercolor HD7950 PCS+ 3GB (Furmark test for 6h, stock nvr OC)
RAM - Kingston DDR3 1333mhz 2GB*4 (Memtest 2 times, no error)
PSU - Seasonic M12II-620W

Anti Virus - MSE and Malwarebyte(Free)

I also reformat and try revert to old GPU driver 14.4 to 13.12..
I try everything I know, still this prob persist.. Anyone got this prob b4 ?

TIA!


how old is your harddisk?
does it have some clicking sound lately?

you can try this: go into safemode; uninstall gfx driver and soundcard.
see if you can go into normal windows.
 

DawnsTear

Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
338
Reaction score
0
Could be your monitor issue?

Thank for the reply!

Should not be Monitor prob, I swap Monitor with my bro.. Prob still persist..

how old is your harddisk?
does it have some clicking sound lately?

you can try this: go into safemode; uninstall gfx driver and soundcard.
see if you can go into normal windows.

Thank for the reply!

Use CrystalDiskInfo to check, no prob.. No uncorrectable sectors/Reallocated sectors count..


Black screen /w 'hang' noise just randomly happens & mouse/kb non-responsive, cannot find the prob..
TIA!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top